Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You know? I had this same problem when playing games. I would say "I did this" and others would say "Prove it" and I usually would - usually by smacking them down in some form of multiplayer game, or by giving them helpful tips to get past that annoying section that I had already finished. I will admit that having achievements in a visible and accessible location would have been very beneficial.

When I was 12 years old.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
It was revealed earlier this week that PewDiePie earns a staggering $4 million annually from his YouTube gaming videos.

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

4million a year for seemingly what is the most popular channel on youtube seems pathetically low to me.

It's enough to live off of and to make something fun of your life with. Frankly, I hope that guy gets stabbed just 'cause he's a bloated cancerous tumour with no apparent function in Swedish society. Perhaps I'll put him in a gulag when I take over...

Tytus

Arcane
It was revealed earlier this week that PewDiePie earns a staggering $4 million annually from his YouTube gaming videos.

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

This isn't a proper resposne for situations like that.

This is:

i-like-this-planet-you-get-off-futurama_2_.png

This is the only proper way of thinking. We don't have leave, we just have to make all the assclowns leave and the planet will be fine again. I vote we send pewdiepie, SJWs, casual gamers, mudslimes, jews etc. to a permament Colony on Mars. They can spread their decline there.

I see no reason to hate Pewdiepie. All he does is put videos on youtube. Hate the millions of idiots watching him and the celebrity culture of the world, sure, but it's not like Pewdiepie is trying to abuse his position like SJWs are.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
It's enough to live off of and to make something fun of your life with. Frankly, I hope that guy gets stabbed just 'cause he's a bloated cancerous tumour with no apparent function in Swedish society. Perhaps I'll put him in a gulag when I take over...

He plays the role of big brother to my little brother much better than I can.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't really see a reason to hate pewdiepie either. He may be obnoxious, but I don't know because no one's forcing me to watch him.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is the only proper way of thinking. We don't have leave, we just have to make all the assclowns leave and the planet will be fine again. I vote we send pewdiepie, SJWs, casual gamers, mudslimes, jews etc. to a permament Colony on Mars. They can spread their decline there.
:salute:
I don't really see a reason to hate pewdiepie either. He may be obnoxious, but I don't know because no one's forcing me to watch him.
I just think this way: someone is working hard and earns 10 000$/year and this dude is screaming at the camera and earns 4 000 000$.

I suppose the adage "Don't hate the player, hate the game" applies here.

It's not pewdiepie that infuriates me, but the tendency of large-scale, industrial society to gravitate towards absurd “winner-take-all” payout/reward structures. Median Youtubepoopers don't bring in enough revenue to recoup the costs of their hobbies while a few folks become dirty stinking rich. In most cases, the differentiating factor will be simple luck, perhaps rationalized with fancy MBAspeak (e.g. “first-mover effect”). Even in arenas where success is driven (at least in part) by quality, as opposed to mass appeal, these same sorts of payout schemes crop up again and again. There's a lot of bros just as good as any of those sitting in the winner's circle who are left out in the cold, making pennies, if anything.

It's like that thing Nassim Taleb was talking about.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I suppose the adage "Don't hate the player, hate the game" applies here.

It's not pewdiepie that infuriates me, but the tendency of large-scale, industrial society to gravitate towards absurd “winner-take-all” payout/reward structures. Median Youtubepoopers don't bring in enough revenue to recoup the costs of their hobbies while a few folks become dirty stinking rich. In most cases, the differentiating factor will be simple luck, perhaps rationalized with fancy MBAspeak (e.g. “first-mover effect”). Even in arenas where success is driven (at least in part) by quality, as opposed to mass appeal, these same sorts of payout schemes crop up again and again. There's a lot of bros just as good as any of those sitting in the winner's circle who are left out in the cold, making pennies, if anything.

It's like that thing Nassim Taleb was talking about.

The guy who plays Francis said that youtube personality Olga Kay takes home $100 000+ per year, and her views per video vary between 8 and 40 thousand.

He did mention that it's a stressful job coming up with ideas and keeping an audience engaged though.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The worst part is I can't even muster it within myself to feel saddened or angry.

That's how much hope I have lost.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I thought it was sarcasm at first, but Red Dead Redemption is a legitimately good game - not just good for what it is - so maybe they're serious.

Gozma

Arcane
I see no reason to hate Pewdiepie.

Watch a PDP video?

But yeah he's an annoying pop culture person except he's at least independent and there are a million million people more deserving of mass loathing even just in games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom