Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best moments in AoD (spoilers)

anus_pounder

Arcane
Any time critical strike succeeds.

or fails. :troll:

Johannes

Arcane
Trying to make the Ordu army leave by insulting their Khan but he says "hmm this sounds strange, you're probably a lying spy" I wasn't expecting this at all and it would have been a pretty simple conversation in any other game I think but he just told me to fuck off when I tried insulting him.
It's actually a very easy check to succeed.

Deleted member 7219

I like the fact that you can threaten people, and succeed, but not everyone you threaten is content to let you get away with it and will fucking hate you for doing it. I can't remember another RPG doing this before.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
"You supported Serenas' ill-conceived plan to clear the slums. As a result, Maadoran was thrown into chaos, Serenas ended up dead and House Aurelian was no more. Clearly, House Daratan doesn't pay you enough." :cool:

Also, being thrown in the village pit, only to convince the resident demon that I was a guest and then accept his offer of frying the village.

Lexxx20

Learned
My most memorable moment in game at the moment is Ordu's strike in Paullus back if you manage to persuade Gealius into trusting them. That was completely unexpected and brutal as fuck. I never liked Paullus so seeing him getting arrow in an eye was glorious!

canakin

Cipher
This.
DHvFpS0.png

54gpcZ7.png

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, unfortunately Teron is by far the most polished city. Which isn't bad, at least for the positive first impressions of the "reviewers".

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, just blew up Maadoran, killed Meru at Al-Akia, and then turned myself into a God.

I guess this game is pretty epic i thought it wouldnt be as epic as dragon age 2 lol but it was cool and shit i guess

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Killing the Ordu Champion, saying that Guard will wait for them on pass; killing all the mooks of first wave while watching as your elite (and improved by your, crafting, melee and block) Legion bros fall one after another and then fighting the bondsmen and Ordu Khan himself only you and one Legion Bro left... Killing Him with one HP left and looking at the sea f enemies outside thinking this bastard Vince finally killed you and your entire civilization the horde of ITZ Comming!... then hearing the trumpets and meeting Carbo... Epic and Majestic as frack since you start as lowly bar security guy in bronze armor.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I loved the fight at haran's pass. But now that I'm revisiting IG I had an idea that might make that battle a bit too easy: the cluster of enemies is just perfect for high alchemy BOMBS. :D

TigerKnee

Arcane
A naked woman gets a different conversation that goes something like "Unless you're looking to fuck your way up to the top starting with me right now, go put on some clothes or we'll arrest you", which is equally funny IMO

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a difference in how npcs treat you in general when your character is a womyn?

Not much which is not big surprise considering that wymyn in AoD look like men who lost bet. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
Finally found Helmet of Destiny (Fake) Gave away toGaelius making him really happy and grateful Boss and Darius Armor with my PE 8 Praetor... Which is awesome Plate which looks sexy on my Knight Diplomat :cool:

Last edited:

Mozg

Arcane
I was in skip-dialogs mode by the time I played a female character but there are no structural differences even though in the setting there "should" be.

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Not much which is not big surprise considering that wymyn in AoD look like men who lost bet. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
Finally found Helmet of Destiny (Fake) Gave away toGaelius making him really happy and grateful Boss and Darius Armor with my PE 8 Praetor... Which is awesome Plate which looks sexy on my Knight Diplomat :cool:
Where did you get a fake Helm of Destiny?

I only ever found the real one, sometimes hid it from Gaelius, sometimes gave it to him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom