Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime [deleted]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now! Roll a d20, and it's now being made by that studio! How badly did they fuck it up?

1. Bioware
2. InXile
3. CDProjektRED
4. Nintendo
5. Square Enix FFXV team
6. Eidos Montreal(The Deus Ex People)
7. Old Ion storm
8. Larian Studios
9. Whalenought
10. n-space
11. Obsidian
12. Game Freak(Pokemon)
13. Level-5
14. ATLUS Shin Megami Tensei Team
15. ATLUS Persona Team
16. Platinum Games
17. Just Chris Avellone by himself
18. Double Fine
19. Richard Garriot
20. Josh Sawyer as a solo project
I rolled a 22...

You said before I click this thread to imagine the perfect RPG, so I did. I imagined it being just like real llife, here on Earth with all our troubles. However, I add a few capabilities. First, we can restart at anytime and choose a different place/time/character-class. This necessitates the need for an ever present knowledge of our "divinity" or our ability to "play" this life--we KNOW we're "playing." Second, we can remember the lives we've lived up until the point we stopped "playing" them. Third, we can enter a DM-state and essentially be invulnerable and invisible and able to go anywhere and observe. However, we cannot alter anything while in the DM-state, only watch. Fourth, when we die we start a new place/time/character-class. So essentially we learn about this universe as we play through different lives and observe things. Eventually we'll get bored when we discover everything. For that, maybe we can reroll a new universe with new rules and new characters. Or maybe have our memories wiped.

Old Ion Storm (7) stole my idea. Don't know what they did because don't know the name.

I googled them. They're know for such titles as:
1 Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3
2 Daikatana
3 Anachronox
4 Deus Ex

I've played Anachronox. So I expect there's a buggy boss fight at the end, a couple deaths, some loose ends and time spent on empty trails, lose someone who loved me but I didn't love them back, nice music/atmosphere, etc. OH I just remembered, at the end of all of it I join my friends and we fight the forces of Chaos on their home turt, possibly forever.

EDIT: I do indeed have a d20. I bought some dice years ago but never use them.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rolled a 2. Never played an InXile game. Wasteland 2 looked god awful, and the fact that they're currently trying to make a sequel for one of the worst RPGs ever is just unacceptable. I would roll again, but so many of those possibilities are terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom