Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
don't you have to increase the pathfinding ai node value in the ini files for it to not suck or something?

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Just completed Sebastion's quest (giving you +2 permanent points to your charisma). What a fool I was to make a character with charisma maxed out to 18 (now reassure me or confirm that it was a mistake)! I also invested a few points into strength, don't know exactly why (greatly regret this since I'm inclined to play as a mage). Now I have to be wearing tatoos to have more wisdom, but it doesn't help much anyway (I get measly 14 wis), and I heard there are a few dialogue options (and other possibilities) available for characters with high wisdom, and I'd like to be able to try them (if they are really worth it). Do you think it's worthwhile restarting the game at this point, before I've got too far (I've only started exploring the Lower Ward)?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is practically made for a char with high mental stats, you get like half dialogue options if you go high physical. You also won't be able to get anywhere with Dak'kon or be able to solve some puzzle items. With that said, the game is still completeable and satisfactory.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is practically made for a char with high mental stats, you get like half dialogue options if you go high physical. You also won't be able to get anywhere with Dak'kon or be able to solve some puzzle items. With that said, the game is still completeable and satisfactory.
I played a warrior while maxing mental stats pretty much, didn't really have any problems.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Now, does the duration of Friends spell continue to tick away when you're in a dialogue?

Ah fuck, how do I fight the craving for optimizing my walkthrough? Now reading through the wikia pages looking for ways to get the most out of the game so I wouldn't have to complete it more than once. I MUST resist it :?

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why does a thread for Beamdogshit exist and why is it 87 pages long? This place should know better
As much as I deslike Trento and his merry band of mod rappists I gotta say that by far this ls their very best EE; no dumbass NPC additions, Avellone himself fixed some descriptions and dialogue and it actually runs fantastic on my laptop at 720p

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Why does a thread for Beamdogshit exist and why is it 87 pages long? This place should know better
As much as I deslike Trento and his merry band of mod rappists I gotta say that by far this ls their very best EE; no dumbass NPC additions, Avellone himself fixed some descriptions and dialogue and it actually runs fantastic on my laptop at 720p

It's the only good EE so far because they actually made tangible changes to combat by removing the dreaded combat wheel and actually relegating it to dedicated buttons. That goes beyond mere quality of life changes. And not fiddling too much with the game otherwise, I guess? Maybe NWN1EE will be amazing when they finish it ten years from now.

Cael

Arcane

It's the only good EE so far because they actually made tangible changes to combat by removing the dreaded combat wheel and actually relegating it to dedicated buttons. That goes beyond mere quality of life changes. And not fiddling too much with the game otherwise, I guess? Maybe NWN1EE will be amazing when they finish it ten years from now.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Bubba fuck you for even daring to think that cuckdog would last ten years.

:timetoburn:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Who is that woman Prophyra you can find in the Marketplace area of the Hive? She doesn't seem to say anything useful or interesting, and I was unable to find any profound information concerning her.

And it appears that you can't accept the Emoric's quest for finding out about Pharod if you have already talked to him and learnt his secret.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

Maybe they can do well with the expansions, but the official campaign
BGII:EE was pretty good.

Dunno why you people have a problem with it.
I don't need, and I don't want their so called improvements, nor the extra content. That's my problem.

And before you say: then you can play the original - You can't buy the original anymore on GOG, just the EE.

And before you say: but the original is bundled in the EE - yes, but now you have to pay twice the price to get it, which is disgusting.
What about if I say: Why don't you go find it in its box?

And before you say: I lost it years ago - You still paid for it. Why pay again? Just don't remove it from inventory.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Maybe they can do well with the expansions, but the official campaign
BGII:EE was pretty good.

Dunno why you people have a problem with it.
I don't need, and I don't want their so called improvements, nor the extra content. That's my problem.

And before you say: then you can play the original - You can't buy the original anymore on GOG, just the EE.

And before you say: but the original is bundled in the EE - yes, but now you have to pay twice the price to get it, which is disgusting.
What about if I say: Why don't you go find it in its box?

And before you say: I lost it years ago - You still paid for it. Why pay again? Just don't remove it from inventory.
What are these boxes you are talking about? I saw them on pictures of cave paintings, but those were created tens of thousands of years ago.

Parabalus

Arcane
If you use the direct ability keybinds with all party members selected, they will cast from TNO instead of the appropriate PC.

For Litany of Curses, this bricks enemy NPCs and they just stand motionless.

:fallout3:

Parabalus

Arcane
Another similar one - if you use Beamdog's "smooth area transitions", you can interrupt the fade-out animation by simply giving a new move order before your party exits the map.

This results in all NPCs on the entire map bricking.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
no amount of #metoo hatchet jobbing will take away his skill and accomplishments.
try as they can, they can't erase history.
6v6wa85.png

W1hH40S.png
:necro:

This triggered me so much I need to bump this thread.
My GOG mix is now the 2nd highest list next to P:T EE, thanks guys. I laughed my ass off when someone created "Beamdog is not a parasite" list because a name like this makes them look even more parasitic :D. And Beamdog employees have already started to ask for positive reviews: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...nt-enhanced-edition-some-love-on-gog-gogmixes

I guess old habits die hard: http://www.gameskinny.com/4x7i7/bea...ate-expansion-amid-social-justice-controversy

g0QQl1w.png
Compare Beamdog's shit:

pst1b.jpg

with the original zoomed in:

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom