Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Is there another resolution mod other than widescreen mod? Cause if you use widescreen mod you will still need a GUI mod. I use this one.

According to the Readme section of the Widescreen mod:
This mod allows you to play the game at any desired resolution.
[. . .]
Non-standard resolutions (E.G. 801 by 632) are not supported in fullscreen, but can work in windowed mode.

So it's not only for widescreen ratios, it can support any resolution in windowed mode and standard ratios in full-screen.
I found about the mod from GOG.com in this thread.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
My excuse is that I was dropped on the head as a baby, repeatedly, but what excuse do the rest of you have?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hahaha, reading the official bugs forum is hilarious. The game is broken beyond being at all playable: item containers cannibalize items, scripts, quests and entire chapters constantly reset, important NPCs fail to spawn or drop mandatory items or sometimes they respawn constantly, quicksaving and loading causes all enemies to disappear, Watcher's Keep won't appear on the map, items randomly get duplicated, stats get fucked if you import from BG1:EE etc.
I never experienced abnormally disappearing items or resetting quests/scripts. Not saying they don't happen but I don't think that these are as rampant and widespread as you're making them sound. Also, most of those other bugs you mentioned where fixed in the last patch.

Still should never have released that way though. Once again they probably ran out of money.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Second Act stealthily reseted on me again making me lose about 7 hours of gameplay due to reliance on auto/quicksaves and general disregard of savescumming. Unit pathing hasn't been fixed in the least which means it's still probably the worst case of party AI in gaming history and 99% of deaths is still your character getting glitched between enemy/environment doing fuckall and/or twitching in place while taking crits in the back. Damn, I forgot how atrocious RTwP combat has been in this game.
Demand a refund?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
banshee has aids. 10 minutes to load pages and then getting their stupid full-page ads.

review itself is nice.

I also feel that Beamdog's team lacks some of the class and charm in the writing department compared to millennium-era BioWare. I found that sometimes the tone and consistency was all over the place - lots of fourth-wall-breaking comments, strange anachronisms, humor awkwardly juxtaposed with more serious events, and so on. And, frankly, I despise Neera, whose character is not much more than a blatant Manic Pixie Dream Girl fan-service stereotype, and half of whose lines seem were written with the intent of starting new "go for the eyes!"-esque memes. It's not that the writing is bad, in fact, far from it, but it often doesn't fit with the original content as well as it should.
There's one more thing to consider - at $25 USD, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is now more than twice the price of the complete edition of the original release commonly available at web sites like GOG and GamersGate.
this + no druid fixes = no buy

also
I suppose we'll find out in the coming months whether the team is content to keep re-releasing old Infinity Engine games, or ends up doing something new.
hopefully try to do something on their own for once.

m_s0

Arcane
"Deep" is a really shitty buzzword even as far as buzzwords go, though.

Stabwound

Arcane
That isn't even a review, it's just some fuck saying he didn't understand the game and then giving it a rating.

Servo

Arcane
That isn't even a review, it's just some fuck saying he didn't understand the game and then giving it a rating.

Is this surprising at all? The modern mentality going into a game is that it should explain everything to you in the first five minutes, which is pretty easy considering most games are so formulaic you already know how they work anyways.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
That may apply to older gamers who have seen the same mechanics worked over and over, but the new audience that games are marketed towards are the mentally disabled and people who do not really play games, aka casuals.

Servo

Arcane
Modern games don't even include a manual. How does that only apply to older gamers?

banshee has aids. 10 minutes to load pages and then getting their stupid full-page ads.

Why u not use Adblock Plus?

IWD (the first 2ed game I played) surprised the fuck out of me with the armor and THAC0 stuff. First I'm wondering why plate armor has a lower AC than leather, then once I figure out that low AC is good I start coming across items that provide +AC bonuses, which... lower AC.

But then I was only 10 years old at the time, so instead of writing a 600 word complaint to post online the only thing I could do was spend the 5 minutes testing things and then reading the manual to confirm that yes, shit was that retarded but whatever.

Cynic

Arcane
This site gives BG2:EE 2/5...for all the wrong reasons: http://www.twinfinite.net/blog/2013/11/16/baldurs-gate-2-review/

Warning: EXTREME popamole inside.
Heh, I somehow missed this. Very funny, and sad at the same time. The only thing I can say in his favor is that he didn't delete the comments.

29861da16bc6339014e18a006b0f7901

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Modern games don't even include a manual. How does that only apply to older gamers?

Why u not use Adblock Plus?
I do. Still get the "wait or click here to move on" stuff. You don't?

Cynic

Arcane
You never know, he could be intentionally trolling for page views. It's definitely working. Sadly he looks severely mentally challenged so this is not a likely scenario.

Servo

Arcane
You never know, he could be intentionally trolling for page views. It's definitely working.

I live in constant fear of the day when everyone will troll all the time. Then nothing will ever be true again.

Bonerbill

Augur
Kind of funny how your dick sucking faggots bash a guys looks (who looks absolutely normal) just because you guys are angry about his opinion on a game. Perhaps you guys shouldn't have to read it the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom