Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Eyeball

Arcane
Wonder what kind of money they're likely to lose from sales due to this.

abija

Prophet
You shouldn't discuss about DS1 as being a port, it was closer to an emulation, game being identical with the console version. If you had a gamepad it looked the same and ran better than on consoles.
Not even remotely close to the truly terrible PC ports the industry had to offer.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It was a port, just one that didn't bother with anything besides the bare minimum code changes to run on a windows pc instead of an xbox 360

People still got butthurt because of it being locked at 1280x720 and with a 30 FPS cap and infected with GFWL, but everyone was thankful enough of the miracle that japanese developers discovered computers are for something besides erotic games

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So can someone remember if another AAA game has been pulled from retailers and steam a couple of days after release before,because I can't

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
No, same way I don't remember another AAA title that was as universally lambasted as Aliens Colon Marines even though everyone could list a few games that failed just as hard to live up to the marketing hype.

I guess they expected people to keep with the tradition of buying a game then waiting patiently for it to be playable, except steam now offers refunds :M

I do wonder how the upcoming AAA releases will turn out after this disaster

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So can someone remember if another AAA game has been pulled from retailers and steam a couple of days after release before,because I can't

If it weren't because of 'Steam refunds' I don't think WB would have pulled it. Imagine if Steam refunds were implemented around AC Unity, Colonial Marines or Watch_Dongs' release.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

If it weren't because of 'Steam refunds' I don't think WB would have pulled it. Imagine if Steam refunds were implemented around AC Unity, Colonial Marines or Watch_Dongs' release.

Me neither but still it's a first,congrats WB :salute:

Almost pissed myself! This is just brutal.

:what:
Damn,glad I decided to wait until the Christmas Steam sale :Gaben:

That's what you get for not getting the 40% off GMG sale. Woops.

I don't have a GMG account but thanks for the interest,don't worry though I wont miss the 75% off christmas sale it will get along with the season pass after the whole "being pulled from steam" fiasco
:kfc:

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Looks like in order to fix the performance issues, the PC version is getting a graphics downgrade;
Dibujo.9.JPG

Lerk

Learned
Hmmm. If this debacle is down to the company they outsourced the port to, I'd say said company isn't long for this world.

There's a lot of consolefag schadenfruede over this as well.

Times like this I'm glad AC and AO are in my backlog. By the time I finish those this will have been fixed. Still, it's alarming when a developer's complete disregard for PC is so explicitly exposed.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
So it more a case of Namco being super cheap rather than releasing a clearly unfinished game as WB did with Arkham Knight.
Uh.. It's the exact situation. Arkham Knight's port was outsourced, whereas Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were ported in-house.

It's a bad port but I have no idea what you mean by unfinished.

Edit: As for Dark Souls: Textures. Controls. You spin like Fox News.

Edit 2:
Come on, he even brings up DMC3, a port released in 2006. How desperate can you get?
Are you really saying that people have been investing their effort into innovating the technology and skills of porting?

Porting has been the same for years if not decades. There are good ports. There are bad ports. Nobody's running around putting in $$$$$$ into porting technology and optimization. There's going to be good and bad ports for the next decades, too. Pull your head out of your ass and actually look at the situation.

Bro, fucking WB, one of the industry's scummiest publishers, in a completely unprecedented move, decided to pull the game from Steam and retail because of how badly it was damaging their reputation. This is the level of fuck up we are talking about here. And yet here you are, still defending it with "other ports had problems too!". That you accuse me of spinning like Fox News is beyond hilarious, and makes me think this is all a huge troll. I dearly hope it's a troll really, the alternative is simply too horrid...

And what was wrong with textures in Dark Souls anyway? KBM controls were bad in a typical Japanese fashion, but could easily be fixed as well. Game was still a better deal at $20 than AK is at $60. And it is widely regarded as one of the worst PC ports of recent years, so arguing that it's almost as bad as AK really does you no favors, you know.
I'm not sure what you think I'm defending. You think I like Arkham Knight? Lol. I'm just saying you're a retard for not understanding PC gaming, and complete cognitive dissonance (terrible technology issues and bugs = unfinished game? lol). I'm gonna laugh when the typical launch week patch comes along.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Hmmm. If this debacle is down to the company they outsourced the port to, I'd say said company isn't long for this world.

There's a lot of consolefag schadenfruede over this as well.

Times like this I'm glad AC and AO are in my backlog. By the time I finish those this will have been fixed. Still, it's alarming when a developer's complete disregard for PC is so explicitly exposed.
Damnit people:

Don't play AO.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has it been confirmed that Rocksteady themselves are fixing the game or are they just assisting Iron Galaxy?

I see conflicting info about this around the net.

I read that both Rocksteady and Nvidia's best engineers are working around the clock to fix it ASAP.

giphy.gif

Apparently Nvidia has made available their entire QA department to Rocksteady, and WB won't be putting out any patches or fixes for the console versions until the PC version is fixed.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rocks...o-fix-the-pc-version-of-batman-arkham-knight/

Last edited:

Chamezero

Outsourcing this to a company made of 12 manchildren and SJWs that only produced shovelware in their lives wasn't a bright idea, right WB?

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
AA and AC are great. AO is... I dunno, it's not bad, but it seems like more of what you'd expect from a random dev making a batman game - bunch of fringe characters that serve no purpose at all, bad level design, subpar VA work. It does have great snow effects tho.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Okay, I was able to boot AK after three days of retarded downloading. Fourth time I've complained about this so yes you are a Fox News anchor if you think I'm a shill.

Anyways: Textures seem to be the main problem. If I play on low settings along with custom LOD tweaks (650ti Boost, FX6300) I get 20-25 fps roaming and have 25-30 fps in fights which is playable for me. I've played many many many games at 20 FPS lol (Morrowind again comes to mind). Also, thankfully I reverted to the 314.22 driver which is supposed to be the last good Kepler driver before Nvidia fuxxed things up.)

But it is playable. That is, if you consider 20 fps playable, and that you are fine with things being somewhat ugly. Or if you play around with the configs, you can get low mips at long distance and then good texture resolution up close. It's helpful to set Normal Mapping and Specular Whatever to max performance LOD. http://www.tribes0.com/tribesascend_ini.htm is a good reference.

As for RAM problems... The game on my system use up to 3-3.5 gigs physical RAM and max 1.7GB VRAM (had GPUZ open). I will not disagree that is a definitely is a memory hog. But specifically for me, it's not bothering me.

Just reporting back.

---

That said, I fully recognize it's quite hit or miss with different configurations. I have no idea why 970 users are buttfucked. I'm half assuming it's Nvidia's fault in putting out a shit card but heh who knows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom