Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bastard Bonds - fabulous fast-paced tactical RPG with high-end pixel art

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game is pretty fun. I've been playing it a bit and am really enjoying it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How's the loot system. Set items, uniques, etc...?
Items appear to come from a fixed list, no Heavy Scalpels or Ego Scimitars. If you're looking for the Diablo slot machine, you'll have to look elsewhere. But the weapons do have variety. One has straight damage, another has a bonus to critical chance, another adds magic damage, some combine all these things, blah blah blah.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Just bought the game on steam. Here is my first experience-

When I load up the game I look in the options menu and see a strange entry. I select it and it removes all the clothes from the characters on the title screen. The game crashes whenever I try to re-enable the option. I guess Im stuck looking at the devil's penis every time I start up the game.

Character creation is good as mentioned in other posts. I am now a hot 80s VHS workout instructor arrested for lewd behavior. Did too many spread eagles for the adolescent boys who watched my program.

I am dead. Died in the 3nd room of the tutorial dungeon. My only comfort is knowing my body wont get raped since everyone in this game is a homosexual.

Overall I give this game 4/5 sausages

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
How's the loot system. Set items, uniques, etc...?
Items appear to come from a fixed list, no Heavy Scalpels or Ego Scimitars. If you're looking for the Diablo slot machine, you'll have to look elsewhere. But the weapons do have variety. One has straight damage, another has a bonus to critical chance, another adds magic damage, some combine all these things, blah blah blah.

Nice. I don't need anything overboard with a loot system.

So far I have been playing the demo and enjoying the game. Very fun.

Gremius

Augur
I've been playing demo for 2 hours now and it is really fun. Not some shining gem, but still enjoyable and entertaining game. I even consider buying full game. Are the save states from demo compatible?

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is the most gloriously homoerotic game I've had the pleasure of playing that also provides adorably skimpy options for girls (of all shapes and sizes!) True diversity is being able to bounce around as the most fabulous of orcs dressed with his trusty golden cock sock.

0i5kdjL.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLLOLLOLOL BROS SO GREAT

YOU CAN PLAY A RAPIOST

OR BETTER YET SOMEONE IMPRISONED FOR RACE MIXING LOLLOOLOLOLOL

deuxhero

Arcane
Playing demo and just cleared the forest to get to the first forked path. Seems really easy so far. Just have Greave defend (as the AI seems like it will just attack the nearest character. A future foes smarter?) and my magic based MC blast the enemies.

Any further consequences to removing the ward beyond being able to fight the 3 things for a gem? I found the corpse of the guy who lived in the house so I doubted he needed the ward anymore.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing demo and just cleared the forest to get to the first forked path. Seems really easy so far. Just have Greave defend (as the AI seems like it will just attack the nearest character. A future foes smarter?) and my magic based MC blast the enemies.

Any further consequences to removing the ward beyond being able to fight the 3 things for a gem? I found the corpse of the guy who lived in the house so I doubted he needed the ward anymore.
The beginning is pretty easy when you learn the mechanics of the game. But just wait till you start fighting magic guys and see how fast they tear up whoever the fuck Greave is.

cruelio

Augur
This is the most gloriously homoerotic game I've had the pleasure of playing that also provides adorably skimpy options for girls (of all shapes and sizes!) True diversity is being able to bounce around as the most fabulous of orcs dressed with his trusty golden cock sock.

0i5kdjL.jpg

I can see my I have failed in my attempts to make the most homoerotic character possible, although I'm still pretty partial to my necro bear.

deuxhero

Arcane

The beginning is pretty easy when you learn the mechanics of the game. But just wait till you start fighting magic guys and see how fast they tear up whoever the fuck Greave is.

Your first party member is based on your plea and actual guilt. Not Guilty+innocent gives you Greave.

Your first party member is based on your plea and actual guilt. Not Guilty+innocent gives you Greave.
I think it's based on race/gender as well. I remember the first time I played I did guilty heretic and got Peregrine, and then I did a guilty heretic as an orc and got Moria.

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm: I remember this developer. I believe he made a few adventure games before this "FF Tactics with homo-orcs". Does it have choices and consequences too? If it does, it should be considered the Codex's game of the year.

:hmmm: I remember this developer. I believe he made a few adventure games before this "FF Tactics with homo-orcs". Does it have choices and consequences too? If it does, it should be considered the Codex's game of the year.
It seems to, at least from what I've gotten to so far. Been playing about 10 hours.

Drowed

Arcane
I can say a bit about it, no problem.

It's turn-based, and you're always in "turn" mode when you walk, but when there are no enemies around, you can obviously make your character walk as long/far as you want, and the movement is fast. The game consists basically of going map-to-map, which can be seen as mini-missions. You enter a map and must defeat all the enemies in the region to "liberate" it, and only when you do it and leave the map your characters gain experience. Each character has four slots for equipable items (weapon, armor, accessory and "tool", or something like that), and 2 extra slots for "miscellaneous items" - that usually are healing items such as food and potions. (Edit/add: you can get more slots when leveling up, depending on your choices.)

Combat is essentially "simple". Clicking with the right button on an enemy makes you attack it. If you are next to the enemy, it's (usually) a hand-to-hand attack, if you are away, you use a ranged attack (if your're able to do it). Clicking in yourself makes you go into defense mode. Clicking on an ally makes you use "cure" on it, if you have magic. And that's basically it. An extra point is that if you hold SHIFT, you enter a "risk" mode, where your actions are performed more quickly (which makes your next turn come faster, sometimes allowing you to do two actions in sequence ), however whenever you do such an action, your risk bar increases in a variable amount. If it's filled, you will "fumble" and lose your action and be more vulnerable to damage.

But you should try the demo. The game isn't only combat, you can interact with NPCs, and there are plenty of hidden things to find.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom