Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banned

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
hella lot of bluff checks being made itt

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Looks like Fret has hastened his ban.

Why is that? No spamming, no trolling, no smily runs and no image macros. I haven't even offended anyone besides Gnid, which is unusual.

Is your comment the equivalent of "He is not behaving as a politically incorrect liberal nihilist and therefore he has to go"? I'm getting that a lot.

Repressed Homosexual
Is your comment the equivalent of "He is not behaving as a politically incorrect liberal nihilist and therefore he has to go"? I'm getting that a lot.

I mean it's pretty incredible that it's OK to have threads about topics as disgusting as incest and genocide, but defending the Catholic church and putting famous grandstanding scientists into question by having a collected debate are the most unspeakable and outrageous things one can do. How about if you're not interested in the discussion, don't post in it? What kind of hypocritical, pissy stuff in that? I've never seen anything as ridiculous as this.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I mean it's pretty incredible that it's OK to have threads about topics as disgusting as incest and genocide, but defending the Catholic church [...] the most unspeakable and outrageous things one can do.
Pedophilia is one of the few things that go against the rules of this site.

Edit:
Besides, the Bible advocates both incest and genocide.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Besides, the Bible advocates both incest and genocide.

More meaningless old testament hate, ITT. Liberals should try reading the new testament sometime. It is the basis of Christianity.

:lol:

Got to call a spade a spade. Be honest here: a poster like HHR would not be on so many ignore lists if conservative religious viewpoints didn't cause massive butthurt on the liberal majority. What else would be the reason? He doesn't troll, he is polite and his posts have context.

I have a feeling I am touching the same nerve with some of my posts.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Oh the poor conservatives! Oppressed by the horde of evil liberals! After all it's always the liberals that make threads loaded with political agenda, it's always the liberals that swarm every thread talking about good old fashioned values! Cry me a fucking river.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Oh the poor conservatives! Oppressed by the horde of evil liberals! After all it's always the liberals that make threads loaded with political agenda, it's always the liberals that swarm every thread

Pretty much.

You can count the local conservatives in one hand. There is Mastermind, HHR, Higher Game, Lyric Suite and then me(not sure who I am forgetting). All of them earning high ignore counts I think. There are a couple of others that could be called "right-wingers"(Nomask and and a few others), but they are not religious or really that conservative.

Repressed Homosexual
Loaded with political agenda? Tell that to people like raw and Trash who often start multiple such threads a day.

These are not social issues that we go out of our way to seek out, these are issues that come knocking at our doors. What do you care if we want to speak about it? Not to mention that I am always careful not to flood with topics, and not to spread the subject matters to many unrelated threads.

Also, I'm certainly not complaining about being "oppressed", I just point out some of the hypocrisy I see.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Looks like Fret has hastened his ban.

Why is that? No spamming, no trolling, no smily runs and no image macros. I haven't even offended anyone besides Gnid, which is unusual.

No, more that there's a difference between:

a) Having a discussion where you actually debate your point of view.

- and -

b) Calling everyone you reply to a liberal shitcock who's too sensitive, attacking everyone and everything in most posts you make, of which you make 50+ per day. Particularly hunting people down and posting shit on their profile's about why they're such miserable people or some such nonsense. Or especially when the vast, overwhelming majority of their posts are in GD. Making a bare handful of reasonable posts in other forums doesn't save them.

Reason b) is why Andhaira is stuck in the moderation queue. b) is not here to "discuss" anything with anyone. b) is here to troll (Alternatively, if you really do hate everyone who's here, than banning you is doing you a favour). Incidentally, Andhaira too created umpteen different variations of his account until we eventually just tired of him and cut his rope because every thread he created or posted in resulted in an immediate de-railment with only image macro replies and a thread destined for Retardo Land.

As you said, people like that have pretty much been trolling all along. Particularly when they have a history of such.

Put another way: Apparently you hate everything - or everything is a liberal shitcock conspiracy - and you need to tell us about it. Constantly. And we've passed the point where we care. Bush did 911. Which is better and why?

Got to call a spade a spade. Be honest here: a poster like HHR would not be on so many ignore lists if conservative religious viewpoints didn't cause massive butthurt on the liberal majority. What else would be the reason? He doesn't troll, he is polite and his posts have context.

I have a feeling I am touching the same nerve with some of my posts.
Yeah and I guess hiver is just misunderstood too?

You can count the local conservatives in one hand. There is Mastermind,
#7 (16)

#4 (20)

Higher Game
#136 (2)

Lyric Suite
#55 (4)

and then me
#106 (2)

All of them earning high ignore counts I think.
So I guess #3 Hiver (20), #5 crojipjip (17), #8 cthulhu (15), #9 MetalCraze (14), #11 Curry (14) and #14 Wyrmlord (10) are all just repressed individuals too?

You'll find there's a direct correlation to how much crap you post and how many people choose to ignore you. It's not quality sunshine, it's quantity. And it doesn't matter if it's left-wing, right-wing or images from your retarded game development project. You spam, you get ignored. And I nuke spammers with impudence.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
These are not social issues that we go out of our way to seek out, these are issues that come knocking at our doors.
And then you come and make threads about them.

On a forum dedicated to CRPGs.

Where two thirds of your posts have nothing to do with any kind of gaming.

... and then you wonder why the only people who like you here are the ones who do the same thing?

Kz3r0

Arcane
More meaningless old testament hate, ITT. Liberals should try reading the new testament sometime. It is the basis of Christianity.
You can't hold that stupid posturing of yours for more that three posts, weren't you advocating Catholicism?
I am pretty sure that you don't even know what is the doctrinal position of the Church about the whole Old New thingie considering that your comment was the typical Kwanzanian Protestant reply.
Let me lecture you, the New Covenant supersedes the old but doesn't condemn it or cancel it, so, yeah, the Bible as such advocated incest and genocide, arguments that HHR! finds disgusting, good to know that he despises the Word of God.

Repressed Homosexual
These are not social issues that we go out of our way to seek out, these are issues that come knocking at our doors.
And then you come and make threads about them.

On a forum dedicated to CRPGs.

Where two thirds of your posts have nothing to do with any kind of gaming.

... and then you wonder why the only people who like you here are the ones who do the same thing?

I did post more about things like these instead of gaming than I would have liked to be, primarily because I like reading about gaming a lot and it's the main reason I come here every day, but now I have far less time to play and talk about it.

However, while how prominent you are plays a part, the primary factor is definitely how agreeable and complacent a person chooses to be in regard to everyone else's attitudes, and some things are definitely more verboten than others. Higher Game and Lyric Suite aren't individuals who are rocking the boat, because they are nihilistic, constantly advocating cruelty as if it was nothing and posting in a shameless, nonchalant demeanor, and in that sense subscribing to Codexian group-think by their delivery per opposition to their message. I would say that's also why Wyrmlord comes under heat (because he doesn't compromise, per opposition to ubiquitous posting).

But in a sense, that's why I like this place. None of the smarmyness, desire to please at all costs and candy coating that I dislike.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You'll find there's a direct correlation to how much crap you post and how many people choose to ignore you. It's not quality sunshine, it's quantity. And it doesn't matter if it's left-wing, right-wing or images from your retarded game development project. You spam, you get ignored. And I nuke spammers with impudence.

That being said, Skyway is just being ignored because his views are too advanced for the majority of the codex to comprehend. :smug:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Pretty sure this guy is a troll but he's right.

The most important thing to realize is that OT is mostly meaningless for a simple reason, 90% or more of it is just histories. The Jews betrayed a bunch of people in the bible but it never says "lie, cheat and steal!" but the opposite. It's not a fucking how to guide, which is the way that the Koran is. Koran and the book of mormon are very, very shallow and they spell out every single topic anyone could ask in terms a child could understand.

So I want to fuck my aunt. What page do I turn to? Flip flip flip oh, darn. No, wait, I fall under this special case. Ha ha! Come here, bitch!

And that's the same problem with jews, too. It's rules lawyering, spiritual powergaming.

And that's why Jesus flipped out and went mental on the money lenders in the church. Because they twisted the rules to completely circumvent them and carry out an evil practice. Which sums up how judaism and islam work in a nutshell, meaningless bullshit.

After 2000 years catholic church has developed a lot of the same problems. Oh, so priest is supposed to be celibate? Where'd that come from? Lots of stuff like that.

It's really pretty simple, you got the ten commandments and that's the only thing that applies from the OT. Then you have "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", and then you have to believe and you go to heavens. How hard is that and who can really object? Only nihilistic drug addicted eurofags who are jealous of anyone who finds a decent and loving home life for themselves and want everyone else to be just as miserable.

Now compare that to ridiculous judo-arabic sophistry that's completely devoid of spirituality and it's easy to see why they are pointless and corrupt.

Where's your disturbing lack of faith, now?
Re-read my post, they were advocating Catholicism not some vague Christian morality, without mentioning that many Christians would take exception at what you said here, point in case, self defense, there are more godless hippies out there preaching non violence that Christians ready to offer the other cheek.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
a) Having a discussion where you actually debate your point of view.

- and -

b) Calling everyone you reply to a liberal shitcock who's too sensitive, attacking everyone and everything in most posts you make, of which you make 50+ per day. Particularly hunting people down and posting shit on their profile's about why they're such miserable people or some such nonsense. Or especially when the vast, overwhelming majority of their posts are in GD. Making a bare handful of reasonable posts in other forums doesn't save them.

I certainly indulge in a) and to be fair, b) pretty much comes with the territory, as does being called a "christtard", "christFag", etc. That's what the codex is all about.

I don't think you can seriously accuse any of my posts of being "shitposting". This thread for instance:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...their-sex-crazed-agenda-in-class.72132/page-5

Average Gnidrologist post:

Retarded religitards being butthurt that sane and intelligent people don't take their evidenceless bs for granted. What else is new in this world?

BUTT HURT!

Average FretRider post:

Not really. Many of them were pretty open about their devoutness in times when such wasn't required. Pascal is a good example. He wrote many theological works after witnessing a miracle and becoming devout, whereas before he was something of a lapsed Catholic/agnostic.

That wikipedia article doesn't really label scientists by their open devoutness or personal beliefs anyway. The people mentioned as lay Catholic scientists studied in schools and universities ran by the Church where the teachers were mostly clergymen. They were formed by the Catholic scientific and educational establishment, that is it. (although all of them did belong to the religion at least officially).

Last of my posts in the thread:

Did you post in that ITS thread? I seem to remember someone also accusing Tesla of being a charlatan.

That is as senseless as it gets. Remember, we are talking about the genius that pioneered wireless communication, created alternating current and much else. Only an insane liberal Fin using the internet in a house powered by AC could have the nerve to defend Hawkings while accusing Tesla of being a quack.

He was somewhat of a mad scientist in his later years and living in utter paranoia, but to dismiss him for such is stupid. He was a true genius and his work proves it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he actually had achieved such things as "death rays". He kept nothing written on paper and we have no idea what he came up with in his later years.

The Higgs boson is not the sole thing the LHC was looking for, and it was not built with the sole purpose of being entirely about proving Higgs boson right.

Don't backpedal. The purpose of building the LHC *was* proving that the higgs boson exists. The fact that it will likely fail in the regard is testament to how modern "theoretical" physics is a big quest to waste fund grants. A lot of productive things could have been done with those wasted billions.

Hawkings is simply a brilliant mathematician and theoretical physicist. Nothing more, nothing less.

How exactly do you know that? How could anyone know that until any of his shit is proven? Until he shows any kind of results? Your respect for him is much like giving a trophy to the Wright brothers before they ever got off the ground.

I don't understand building personality cults around people that have not proven their salt, specially if you are talking about a scientist.

Last of Vaarna_Arne's post:

I dunno lol.

Which ones are "shitposting" and why? To be fair I did reply to Gnid in kind before putting him into ignore, but it is hardly unusual to do so here.

I don't hate everyone in the forums. Actually, arguing with people with extreme opposite stances on everything is part of the enjoyment one takes out of GD. Kind of weird that people so different all like the same games.

And I do post outside of GD and will continue to do so. Interest in games is what broght me here in the first place.

Is the codex Inquisitorial court done with me now?

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
the Bible as such advocated incest and genocide.

No. Much of the OT is a historical narrative concerning the ancient Jews, in many segments of it God doesn't show up at all or very little(i.e: Maccabees). To claim everything they did is or should be morally acceptable to Christians is utter ignorance.

It is an ancient text, we don't know how much of it has been corrupted. Catholics don't claim the Bible is infallible, and they certainly don't claim so concerning the OT. NT takes precedence, as you said it yourself.

You speak of things you know little about.

After 2000 years catholic church has developed a lot of the same problems. Oh, so priest is supposed to be celibate? Where'd that come from? Lots of stuff like that.

It appears you have not read Paul's contribution to the NT. Do so. Christ himself ordered the apostles to be celibate in the gospel narratives, mind you.

Re-read my post, they were advocating Catholicism not some vague Christian morality.

Catholicism is Christian morality.

there are more godless hippies out there preaching non violence that Christians ready to offer the other cheek.

Tell me another joke. This one was pretty good.

This shit should go into gd anyway, right? Why are you people blabbering about religion on site feedback?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Thus extending shitjagers butthurt.
I like how he's crying and moaning for civility NOW, knowing his posting history.

Kz3r0

Arcane
No. Much of the OT is a historical narrative concerning the ancient Jews, in many segments of it God doesn't show up at all or very little(i.e: Maccabees). To claim everything they did is or should be morally acceptable to Christians is utter ignorance.

It is an ancient text, we don't know how much of it has been corrupted. Catholics don't claim the Bible is infallible, and they certainly don't claim so concerning the OT. NT takes precedence, as you said it yourself.

You speak of things you know little about.
:lol:
More than you for sure, I will avoid a wall of Bible quotations just because everyone who read the Book knows how much you are wrong, besides your dismissal of OT proves that you know very little about the doctrine.

It appears you have not read Paul's contribution to the NT. Do so. Christ himself ordered the apostles to be celibate in the gospel narratives, mind you.
That's why most of them were married with children, quotation please.

Catholicism is Christian morality.
Try to playing the true believer card here?

Tell me another joke. This one was pretty good.
Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
More than you for sure, I will avoid a wall of Bible quotations.

Selectively quoting the OT for passages that scandalize modern sensibilities and conflict with the teachings of Christ. Yay, what a solid argument against Christianity.

Besides your dismissal of OT proves that you know very little about the doctrine.

What dismissal? The OT is a very important part of our religious understanding and much of it contributed to current doctrines. It just so happens that we don't accept it to be infallible and we don't consider every word of it law. Specially the parts of it that conflict with the NT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom