Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am confused, why is D:OS on sale on the same day that SoD comes out? Can somebody fill me in?

I don't know for sure, but the best part of SoD's release for me so far has been that my hunt for DOS:EE at a discount has finally ended! This is a lesson of sorts: releases of new games can potentially save you money! If SoD is good, I'll get it in good time too. :1up:
Good point, I will wait for D:OS 2 release to get SoD and BG:EE on sale.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So can this be played with the BG2 sold on GOG? Was EE a free update like Wasteland 2 Director's Cut?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So can this be played with the BG2 sold on GOG? Was EE a free update like Wasteland 2 Director's Cut?

You can't play it with BG2 at all, EE or not. The Enhanced Editions are not free updates, they're all new versions sold separately.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some Minsc spoliers below.

So Dynaheir died in my Baldur's Gate play-through, and I never bothered to resurrect her. Because well, I didn't like her that much, but I do like Minc though. Now I'm at the part where I can get Minsc back, but the damn thing is, Dynaheir is alive again and of course Minsc refuse to go anywhere without her. Now I will have to drag her along. This presents another problem though. I never got any stuff for her. She have zero equipment, she is 2 levels below me and got just the basic spells. What a pain this will be.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

So Dynaheir died in my Baldur's Gate play-through, and I never bothered to resurrect her. Because well, I didn't like her that much, but I do like Minc though. Now I'm at the part where I can get Minsc back, but the damn thing is, Dynaheir is alive again and of course Minsc refuse to go anywhere without her. Now I will have to drag her along. This presents another problem though. I never got any stuff for her. She have zero equipment, she is 2 levels below me and got just the basic spells. What a pain this will be.

Use splat-fu:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102337/2444617-the_punisher_v4_02.jpg

Enemy mob, her alone, you watch, problem solved.

Just make a save earlier in case Minsc leaves when she dies.

Shin

Cipher
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

“I got to write a little tender, romance-y side quest for Khalid and Jaheira where you could learn a little bit about how their marriage works and how they really feel about each other.”

There’s also four new companions, one of whom is gay, one of whom is bisexual. There’s even a monster companion, a throwback to a Baldur’s Gate II easter egg. But it’s not just about representation for representation’s sake. Beamdog wanted to give players options.

probably old news, but wtf

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Use splat-fu:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102337/2444617-the_punisher_v4_02.jpg

Enemy mob, her alone, you watch, problem solved.

Just make a save earlier in case Minsc leaves when she dies.

Yeah, I guess I have to arrange another "accident" hehe. Just feels a bit cheap.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”

“I got to write a little tender, romance-y side quest for Khalid and Jaheira where you could learn a little bit about how their marriage works and how they really feel about each other.”

There’s also four new companions, one of whom is gay, one of whom is bisexual. There’s even a monster companion, a throwback to a Baldur’s Gate II easter egg. But it’s not just about representation for representation’s sake. Beamdog wanted to give players options.

probably old news, but wtf

Good old faggotry by Mr. Amber Scott.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ, can these people leave their politics and their dongs out of their working space for just a moment?

On the other hand, what did I expect...

Edit: I'm not a homophobe, but I'm sick of people who are obviously far from having their own shit in order trying to educate me on their wisdom, usually via means of their mediocre writing. When I paid, I paid for a computer game, that's all that's required of you, thank you. I don't need your attempts at education. If slipping in themes which have nothing to do with the game makes somebody feel a little better about their insecurities, I refuse to be an unwilling audience of their self-treatment.

Jaheira: "Also, do you know I'm a vegan?"

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Urbanolo

Augur
Polish Jon Irenicus VA >>> mediocre english Irenicus VA (I honestly don't know how he can get any praise for his english voice-over, it's so average). Too bad polish VA is dead, so we can only dream of an appropriate SoD localization.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I don't understand why they have to shove that modern day political shit into Baldur's Gate of all games. I haven't noticed anything myself so far, but just reading that line has tainted the experience a little. The only thing I found so far that is just out of place is the stoner, with his California surfer accent.

eXalted

Arcane
Why does it look so much worse and less detailed than isometric games from 15+ years ago?

The hard truth is that the art of making these kinds of 2D games has been lost to time, much like the writings of the Greek philosophers were lost during the Dark Ages.

It's kinda explained here.

And yes, Kotaku did a coverage about the expansion. Who would thought....

FeelTheRads

Arcane
In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple

...or if not a couple, then barely anything, but I want to get offended about something otherwise what's there to do when playing games???

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why does it look so much worse and less detailed than isometric games from 15+ years ago?

The hard truth is that the art of making these kinds of 2D games has been lost to time, much like the writings of the Greek philosophers were lost during the Dark Ages.

It's kinda explained here.
“If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’
Hahaha, I knew they couldn't keep their filthy SJW hands off of Baldur's Gate.
Thank God, because one thing we always wanted to discover is the marriage of Khalid and Jaheira.

There’s also four new companions, one of whom is gay, one of whom is bisexual.
This article just can't stop giving. XD

Xzar

Augur
I don't understand why they have to shove that modern day political shit into Baldur's Gate of all games. I haven't noticed anything myself so far, but just reading that line has tainted the experience a little. The only thing I found so far that is just out of place is the stoner, with his California surfer accent.
They see most of fantasy as evil and sinful. Dont forget that DnD was heavily influenced by Boris Vallejo, who was in turn influenced by Robert Howard. Both are sexist, masculinist pigs who dared to fantasize about half-naked beautiful women and strong men who fuck them. The modern left agenda is to subvert all fantasy from within, so Baldurs Gate is of course an enemy in need of re-education. Notice how all new SoD female NPCs are not attractive, borderline ugly. This Corwin chick looks like lesbian, probably behaves like it too. But Beamdog is not alone in this, have we forgot about lesbian Maneha in PoE, or a complete absence of attractive females in that game?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They see most of fantasy as evil and sinful. Dont forget that DnD was heavily influenced by Boris Vallejo, who was in turn influenced by Robert Howard. Both are sexist, masculinist pigs who dared to fantasize about half-naked beautiful women and strong men who fuck them. The modern left agenda is to subvert all fantasy from within, so Baldurs Gate is of course an enemy in need of re-education. Notice how all new SoD female NPCs are not attractive, borderline ugly. This Corwin chick looks like lesbian, probably behaves like it too. But Beamdog is not alone in this, have we forgot about lesbian Maneha in PoE, or a complete absence of attractive females in that game?
- Strong men fucking beautiful women is part of fantasy as far back as the Illiad. Same as gay relationships. Like we've heard devs say - it's not about the idea, it's about the execution of the idea. When a writer just wants to scratch their itches though, his writing never turns out good.
complete absence of attractive females in that game?
- My character would have done Calisca. He was well on the way to, actually.

Last edited:

Sothpaw

Learned
Reading this thread is triggering me. I was hoping the SJW would stop with Dorn but I should have known better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom