Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reinhardt

Arcane
In the first dungeon I found a secret room with Seravok's note in it, talking about a hidden Temple of Mordor and I thought it was a secret location but I guess not.

There is secret room in Temple.

Xeon

Augur
Is this related to the wall with the mask or something between the mind flayer and the leader of the temple?

I tried using the wall but I kept getting nothing happens on the third time no matter what order I used so didn't seem to work even after using the code listed in the note.

Edit:
Nvm, just looked it up, I guess you have to count each hole in the wall as one. Thank you.

Edit2:
Every time I leave Bridgefort via the door, Bealoth the sixth party member gets stuck on the top of the building.

Battle was kinda fun, I tried going with Khalid's group and the Flaming Fist group. I wasn't having a good time with either. Aside from buffing and attacks like Holplessness or whatever, my other spells affected allies as well and got a lot of ally causalities since it took a long time to dispatch all of them with no offensive spells. So tried solo and fired Cloudkill and Fireballs at the Gate made it pretty easy to finish all of them with ease. After a while the Fists showed up and joined the clean up even without me notifying them, wonder if Khalid's group also attack after a while since I saw a couple of corpses near the bridge but not much to notice a real battle from their side.

I am not sure how you get the scroll to nullify the Level Drain Stone from the Red Wizard without directly killing him, its in the chest next to him but can't loot it at all, he kept interrupting me whenever I tried, stealth or no. I thought I might be able to release the trolls to take care of him in-exchange for their freedom but they didn't say anything and I couldn't find a way to release them at all.

Edit3:
Man, I am kinda having fun with the game but I am also kinda getting bored. I couldn't find the location to place the explosive barrel even after searching the entire place and trying to follow the direction of the amulet so eventually ignored it and I refused poisoning the water since I am playing a chaotic good R/C.

Finished almost all of the quests so far but only did a handful of quests in the ally camp, I just hate the NPCs there, hopefully in the future when the game is patched fully, I'll do another run and will try killing them and see if the story is reactive and still completable or do I get instant death or something like that.

The Dragonspear assault is kinda hectic, its none stop fighting and I have no idea yet how to get inside, killed the angel or whatever and now trying to go north west but goddamn there are a lot of fighting in here.

The treasury dude showed up with a dagger in him and died, its a good dagger that I can't use. At the start of the game he lost almost 200k which kinda pissed me off since I had no reason to give him the money IMO and ended up killing the refugees and threatened to kill him even tho I am playing a good guy.

Edit4:
I think the final boss is the same one as the one from IWD1 or 2. IIRC his name was Belheft or something and he looked similar.

My weapons are not working against him and magic isn't doing anything either, fight seems a lot easier tho then it was in IWDs IIRC aside from my weapons and magic not working against him, it also helps he doesn't remove all of my buffs at start and place not filled with traps. Calaer is doing all the damage and all I am doing is the clean up of the fiends and tanking, I got him to almost dead but Calaer stopped doing anything so had no way of killing him.

Best item I got from the magic glasses is a Robe from a lich in dead world and the genie shop in the camp, the others either were some fights only or items I couldn't or had no use for. I think I missed some because I didn't have the glasses on at all time in the early chapters so I might have gotten some interesting stuff. The ghosts in the final dungeon gave exp from fight and a sword I think so didn't bother with either and reloaded, still have 1 use left.

Managed to beat him with Corwin and +3 arrows, I thought I needed +3 bow or something but arrows worked. I tried to reduce his resistance but he turned invisible and since I didn't sleep, I didn't have any spells to reveal him to continue reducing his resistance or fire MM, still a pretty easy fight.

Edit5:
Man, ch13 was kinda garbage, so I save the region and the city multiple times and because of one kid dies and a hearsay about a mark in the floor at the bridge everything is tossed out the window. Didn't use any of the cannon party and the cannon party were the only ones that joined at the end, Corwin telling me to confess and Viconia left.

Story is kinda of a mix, quests are kinda of a mix as well. From using Corwin and Glint, I didn't like their characters, tho Corwin was kinda of great when it comes to her archer skill, Glint I didn't like his character nor how I needed extra click to use his thief skill to disable and unlock.

Favorite new character is still Baeloth and really liked his recruitment scene. Neera was great as well, don't know if she had a different voice actress or different writer but she was kinda great in here, was alright in BG1 and kinda annoying in BG2 and never used her in there.

Still pissed off, they took the money at the start and returned it at the end when I had no need of it. Only thing I bought are the extra heal potions and +2 ammos for everyone. I had everything I needed from the import of BG1.

Final Party: C9/R8 -- Corwin 9 -- Glint 9/11 -- Viconia 10 -- Baeloth 11 -- Neera 11

Overall pretty good game, was kinda fun but kinda boring toward the end.

I think pathfinding got a little worse, sometimes party members get stuck behind npcs or objects or stop moving for some reason and if you try and get to a far away location they either go the opposite direction or walk to a wall.

Edit6:
I finished a BG1 solo and now I am in SoD again with an SMT this time. At the start with Ammon's quest, instead of bringing her a Cobalt Moss, I can use the mage class dialogue I think and help her instead of the item.

Does the Cobalt Moss now has another use later in the game? since I did find it still but Ammon has no use for it and can't even mention it to her.

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
Started Siege of Dragonspear finally, man it feels so weird to play a "new" BG in 2016.

Made me realize how much I auto-piloted during BG2. Like, I played the game almost mechanically at this point. Get out of Irenicus dungeon. Do Circus Quest. Get Aerie. Kick Aerie out of the party. Get Vecna Tunic for my mage. Etc.

Here I'm like, "Holy shit, a new armor? I have to check the CA!?". The new interface is very "automated", basically they really brought BG in 2016. They tell you who can equip which armor, etc.

Kinda weird that you can't stack more than 80 arrows.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Here I'm like, "Holy shit, a new armor? I have to check the CA!?". The new interface is very "automated", basically they really brought BG in 2016. They tell you who can equip which armor, etc.
But can you switch from dual wield to bow without opening inventory?

Malpercio

Arcane
lol off to a good start. Already found a game-breaking but. Can't leave the first dungeon because Imoen is nowhere to be seen anywhere.

I think some of whatherface underling accidentally slipped off during the fight due to confusion spell and killer her or messed up with the script or something.

Delterius

Arcane
I think some of whatherface underling accidentally slipped off during the fight due to confusion spell and killer her or messed up with the script or something.
Unlikely, not only does it seem that Imoen has tons of HP more than she ought to but her getting even close to death is a non-standard game over. See if she didn't move back to the entrance.

Malpercio

Arcane
Unlikely, not only does it seem that Imoen has tons of HP more than she ought to but her getting even close to death is a non-standard game over. See if she didn't move back to the entrance.

Already did (Went and check a youtube walktrought to see how the sequence was supposed to play) The Clerics were stuck in the ante-chamber of Korlasz's room too, but Imoen was nowhere in sight, neither near them or at the dungeon entrance.

Meh, ended up just restarting, I noticed some funny business with the script already, when re-loading in the open room before you fight Porios (the one with the first "real" group of enemies) and Porios was standing on the middle of it. Imoen's group doesn't appear to move from point A to B but rather it seems to teleport from room to room, or at least it happened to me once.

Malpercio

Arcane
They could have may picked up a better spot to let you pick Viconia than IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FUCKING TOWN OF BALDUR'S GATE, just saying.

Made it to the first camp now, so far it feels very scripted.

Malpercio

Arcane
Looks the way you get party members is very... "modern" Bioware. You met them, send them to the Party Camp Castle Normandy Flaming Fist camp like you are collecting Pokemon, kinda of a shame, one of my favorite aspect of the BG series has always been the lack of a "base", characters not in your party will go on their own way (Jaheira goes to the Harper Base, Viconia takes refuge in the cemetery, etc) The feeling of "small party of adventurers, wandering" is very special feeling and hard to replicate. Even recent RPG like PoE and Divinity failed to replicate it.

Kinda feels weird having different writers from the original ones "writing" characters that are not their, it always irked me as appropriating someone work, even if at the end of the day BG1 NPC weren't often more than just a couple of lines. I guess it's more of a problem with BG2, Viconia for example feels a bit too soft.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Looks the way you get party members is very... "modern" Bioware. You met them, send them to the Party Camp Castle Normandy Flaming Fist camp like you are collecting Pokemon, kinda of a shame, one of my favorite aspect of the BG series has always been the lack of a "base", characters not in your party will go on their own way (Jaheira goes to the Harper Base, Viconia takes refuge in the cemetery, etc) The feeling of "small party of adventurers, wandering" is very special feeling and hard to replicate. Even recent RPG like PoE and Divinity failed to replicate it.

Kinda feels weird having different writers from the original ones "writing" characters that are not their, it always irked me as appropriating someone work, even if at the end of the day BG1 NPC weren't often more than just a couple of lines. I guess it's more of a problem with BG2, Viconia for example feels a bit too soft.
I wouldn't call that a pro or a con.

I absolutely hate having to track down party members. I like having a base, but I can appreciate why a certain RPG would do something like that. Just a neutral thing in my opinion.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/baldurs-gate--siege-of-dragonspear-review-372.html

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Review

There is little doubt that Baldur's Gate was a pivotal game in CRPG development. Its successor, Baldur's Gate 2, is still considered by many gamers to be the best CRPG of all time. When Bioware released Dragon Age: Origins, it was heralded by critics as the spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate and won a number of rewards. However, many fans of Baldur's Gate were disappointed. Last year Pillars of Eternity was released. It was designed to be a spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate and won a number of awards. However, many fans were again disappointed. The moral is that it's pretty difficult to reproduce a classic, and even if you create a great game in its own right, it may not fit into what any individual fan liked or remembered fondly about the classic in question. Beamdog recently released Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, another Baldur's Gate style game. They had the great advantage of being able to use the infinity engine, meaning they inherited the combat, creatures, the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons mechanics, and many of the characters of Baldur's Gate. Still, it's hard to walk in the footsteps of giants, especially when it's your first full length game.

On Writing and Agendas
Siege of Dragonspear got bombarded with negative reviews upon release, because of the supposed "liberal agenda" of the game's writers. Detractors used two examples: an interview by writer Amber Scott, where she said two of the companions she got to write for, Safana and Jaheira, were sexist in the first Baldur's Gate. Safana represented a woman who tried to use her sex appeal to get her way, and Jaheira was portrayed as a nagging wife. The other example was the transgender character Mizhena. Moreover, these were held up as examples of the game's bad writing. I'd like to talk about these characters to show some things Siege of Dragonspear does right and wrong in terms of its writing.

I'll first say that you have ample opportunity to have Safana in your party, and you even get a quest from her later in the game if you chose not to add her (which I didn't). I personally never was all too fond of Safana, and didn't add her into my party this time either. I did add Jaheira, one of my favorite characters from the Baldur's Gate series, when I found her, which was actually quite late in the game. Jaheira is a great exception in this game in many ways. Her barks and general comments are carried over from Baldur's Gate ("If you die, Kahlid, you'll never hear the end of it!"), but unlike the other great characters from the original series such as Edwin, Imoen, Khalid, Minsc, Viconia, and Jon Irenicus, she is not voiced by the original actress. In fact, she is one of the only companions whose new dialogue is not voiced at all. I'm convinced that Beamdog decided to include her nevertheless, because of her important role inBaldur's Gate 2, but the results are less than spectacular. I didn't see any agenda, because Jahiera has little to say in general, and when she does banter with other party members, the results come off as if a character is talking to themselves. She also appears relatively late in the game and can only be recruited just before the halfway point.

Three way conversations like this show how much work Beamdog invested in Siege of Dragonspear's companions

While this at first sounds especially negative, it made it apparent to me how much work Beamdog put into all of the game's other companions. In fact, most of what we learn about Jaheira comes from the mouth of her husband Khalid. Not only do you have many of Baldur's Gate's original companions, but also many of the enhanced edition's characters, as well as a number of new ones. The new companions seemed especially well done to me, not only in their voice acting, but also in their variety and their depth of character. The gnome Glim fits in with the rest of Baldur's Gate's gnomes. He's an oddball who can't stop talking and is anything but serious. On the other side of the spectrum is Captain Corwin, a humourless, prejudiced, and brooding archer, who is nonetheless trying her best to serve the greater good. There's also the deadpan Goblin Shamaness M'khiin, who I regretted not being able to add to my party, since I had decided to play a Shaman as a main character. The banter between your companions was one of the things that made the original Baldur's Gate great. Beamdog seems to have understood this, and one of the highlights of Siege of Dragonspear are your companions and how well they banter.

It's hard to imagine that so much anger has been directed at a vendor who has only a handful of dialogue options and a few lines of text. Mizhena is an army camp healer, and a priestess of Tempus, lord of battle. You can ask her about her odd name, and she'll tell you she invented it, because her parents raised her as a boy, and then she discovered that she was actually a woman. While some players complained about the very presence of a transgender character, others have attacked her awkward presentation. Beamdog answered the latter complaint, saying they had a three line text limit on minor characters. As opposed to the wonderfully written and voiced companions and antagonist, a number of the minor characters come off as awkwardly written, one-dimensional, and in addition some are poorly voiced. One wonders if the three line limit for minor characters was a good idea. It does work for some of the minor characters, like a hobgoblin chieftain who thinks himself especially clever when asking for a toll. It works much less for a theme that runs throughout the game, namely whether the ends justify the means (whether it's your battle against the antagonist Caelar, or her crusade). Unfortunately this theme is presented through a number of minor characters, and the rather complex theme just isn't often presented well.

The writing comes across as uneven. Some of it is very good. Some of it seems like it desperately needs a more comprehensive treatment and comes across as awkward. Beamdog does well to capture the tone of both Baldur's Gate games. In general it's light hearted, and can even verge on being silly, depending on your companions, but there are also very serious moments. As far as agendas go, I didn't see much in the game. Personally I consider myself a moderate, live-and-let-live person. I don't like political extremes. I'm white, male, heterosexual, religious, 43 years old, and married. One of my best friends from my university days is homosexual, and as a teacher, almost all of my colleagues are women. I'm telling you this, so you know where I'm coming from when I tell you I just don't see much political content in this game itself (certainly no more than in any Bioware game since Jade Empire). Still, I have some conservative friends and can see them being offended by having a bisexual companion (which only came out in my playthrough when I decided to romance her and she talked about her past romantic failures), a homosexual companion (I was surprised to discover this near the game's end, and it only really comes out that he was jealous of the character I was romancing) or a trans woman medic, even if this is extremely minimal content in the game itself (and completely avoidable). If you don't want these things in a game, then do yourself a favour and don't buy Siege of Dragonspear, since a number of reviews show that other people with this standpoint couldn't enjoy the content or judge it on its own merits, because these very small elements ruined the whole game for them.

On Linear Levels
There's no getting around the fact that Siege of Dragonspear is more linear than Baldur's Gateor Baldur's Gate 2. This does cleverly fit into the story, which has our character marching with an army, clearing obstacles out of its way, and advancing towards a seemingly inevitable showdown with Caelar, our antagonist. It's at its worst at the beginning, when we spend about an hour in an introductory dungeon, and then another half hour traveling about the city of Baldur's gate, but only being able to access small maps which look like they've been cut out from the original game.

The dungeons are well thought out. I particularly liked this one.

Once we leave the city, things improve. Depending on where we stop our march, we usually get access to two or three wilderness areas, which are strongly reminiscent of the areas we get to explore in the original Baldur's Gate. Each area is large, and chock full of things to do, even more so than in the original Baldur's Gate. That's a real positive. On the other hand we only get access to two or three maps, so the game never seems very open, and the areas themselves have much less variation than the areas in either Baldur's Gate games.

What really impressed me about Siege of Dragonspear was the quest and level design. Maybe I've played too many modern RPGs recently, but Beamdog really came up with some interesting quest ideas, and there are also a decent number of puzzles and areas which require you explore carefully. The battles are also for the most part well organized and just like in both of the original games. I ran into some nasty surprises in some battles and had to replay them. There are also a number of large scale battles where you fight alongside your troops. Like the original Baldur's Gate, Siege of Dragonspear is full of side quests, interesting places, and lots to do.

A typical outdoor area. Forest, mountains, dungeon.

While each wilderness area is well designed, most of them are woods with caves and mountains. Some have very distinctive features, but in general the variety of either Baldur's Gate game is not there. There are no coastal areas, grasslands, etc. Also you will encounter a lot of the same opponents (especially spiders) outside. Most wilderness areas have one or more caves, which open into dungeons. These tend to have more variety, especially in the kinds of opponents you face. The dungeons are the highlight of the game, with their puzzles, NPCs, and side stories.

The main plotline of Siege of Dragonspear is in general well done, though there are minor weaknesses here and there. In many ways it's at its weakest, when it tries to anchor itself between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2. The inclusion of many of the old NPCs and the weak epilogue seems at times very forced. However, the main plotline, the struggle against Caelar Argent's crusade, is for the most part well written and thought through. I played Siege of Dragonspearfor some 27 hours, 25 hours to finish the game, and another two hours to fiddle around with the various companions.

On Bugs and Balance
Many people complain that this game is really buggy. That seems to be a standard complaint with new releases these days, and often justified. Before the first patch I came across two minor bugs. The first was the game crashed once on me when trying to add two new companions simultaneously to my group. The second was an item once disappeared temporarily when trying to pass it between two party members. Since the patch I haven't noticed any problems. Apparently people are still having big problems playing cooperative multiplayer. For that reason, if you're thinking of buying this game to play co-op, I'd hold off for now and check the Steam Forums from time to time to see if they've got it running smoothly. Also some people had problems importing their characters from Baldur's Gate EE. Since I haven't played the Enhanced Edition before and created my character from scratch in this game, I obviously didn't run into this problem at all.

Siege of Dragonspear offers a pretty incredible numbers of difficulty levels. I played on classic, but apparently on the higher levels some bosses can dispel your buffs, which can make battles extremely difficult. There is also a story mode, which is nice if, like me, you want to play together with someone younger.

We meet a lot of old friends on our journey. Perhaps too many.

While the game offers you a good number of companions of all classes and alignments, how it's done is pretty interesting. Three of the four most resilient melee characters are only available close to halfway through the game. You get Misc and Corwin at the beginning as fighters, but Corwin is an archer, and you lose out on most of her potential if she gets stuck in close combat. On the other hand there is no shortage of priests early on. The result was that I played very differently than in most of my playthroughs of Baldur's Gate, and relied heavily on the web and entangle spells during the first half of the game.

While leveling up in Baldur's Gate was always infrequent (making it a big deal when it did happen), in Siege of Dragonspear leveling up occurs even more rarely. I'm sure this is to try make a smooth transition from Baldur's Gate I to Siege of Dragonspear to Baldur's Gate 2possible. Personally it didn't bother me, but then again I didn't import a character, and started off at level 6, and probably advanced faster than a I would have with an imported character. Mostly though, I think characters between levels 6 and 9 represent the best balanced and most interesting levels of 2nd edition Dungeons and Dragons. Spell casters have enough spells to let them use a variety of tactics, but haven't completely left fighter types behind in terms of power. I think this contributes to making the battles throughout most of Siege of Dragonspear interesting, but I can see how it could bother some players.

On Being a Phone Game
Beamdog reworked the graphics and UI of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, clearly (in my opinion) for Android. Characters have gained a black silhouette, which most certainly makes them more visible on a smaller screen. The reworked user interface is larger and clearer. I personally liked the user interface. At first I didn't like the new graphics, but by the time I realized they could be turned off, I had grown accustomed to them and didn't bother. Some players who hadn't yet experienced the Enhanced Edition hate the changes, so be warned. Personally I found them slightly positive, if unnecessary. I also have no problems with games that share a platform with IOS as I enjoyed all three Shadowrun games and the Final Fantasy 3 port. However, if you do, you should be wary and check out screenshots or video playthroughs of the game.

A lack of effective melee characters made me turn to unsual tactics early in the game

Conclusions
When Baldur's Gate 2 came out, I was a poor newlywed student, so I waited to buy it until the gold edition came out. After being blown away by Shadow of Amn, I immediately wanted to continue my adventures and play Throne of Bhaal. Back then I was disappointed. For me,Throne of Bhaal had a predictable story, worse characters, and felt terribly linear. I replayed it for the first time about three years ago and really enjoyed it. That's how expectations go. I had absolutely no expectations for Siege of Dragonspear. Quite honestly I expected Beamdog to completely fail. Perhaps that explains why I enjoyed the game as much as I did. I think if it wasn't a Baldur's Gate game, but the first effort from a small team, we'd all be discussing what a surprisingly good CRPG it is. But it is a Baldur's Gate game. Beamdog didn't have to create the mechanics, combat, monsters, or even most of the NPCs. I even think they went a little too far in trying to anchor it between Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and personally would have been happier with fewer cameo appearances by characters from the main games. I'd like to note now that my 4 star rating includes both the new material as well as the old engine, which Beamdog had nothing to do with. I personally can't separate the two, because without the Infinity Engine, there would simply be no game. As a Baldur's Gate game, Siege of Dragonspear is about as good as a lot of the Infinity Engine expansions such as Tales of the Sword Coast, Heart of Winter, or Throne of Bhaal. That is to say, noticeably inferior to eitherBaldur's Gate 1 or 2. Nevertheless, Beamdog understood what made the Baldur's Gate games fun and tried their best to implement it in this expansion. That they didn't entirely succeed just goes to show why it's so hard to make a great game. It's also really hard for me to recommend this game per se, because there are quite honestly a lot of reasons that people have found to dislike it. If you can look past those, you'll find an extremely solid retro RPG inSiege of Dragonspear.

Malpercio

Arcane
gSHASy7.jpg

It's like that one quest in NV were you have to trains the recruits, only shittier. :lol:

The events leading to the end of the Bridge siege were actually pretty cool, the whole sequence with the temple of Bhall was one of the expansion high-light so far, I even dare to say it's one of the series coolest dungeons. The siege battle itself was not though, kinda messy more than anything.

Irenicus apparitions feel lame more than anything tbh, and also makes the characters in BG2 feel like moron since they never mention"The hooded man that was totally him". I would have preferred if they just limited his apparitions, have him interact just with Caelar.

Khalid personal quest was the worst part of the writing so far. You can really see what they were doing with it.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
RPGWatch SoD Review said:
Detractors used two examples: an interview by writer Amber Scott, where she said two of the companions she got to write for, Safana and Jaheira, were sexist in the first Baldur's Gate. Safana represented a woman who tried to use her sex appeal to get her way, and Jaheira was portrayed as a nagging wife. The other example was the transgender character Mizhena.

This shows the level of the review, as there are many more examples of agenda-pushing in the game, which are more relevant than complaining about Mizhena (who is just very poorly written), but these are of course omitted as having a go at the "detractors" for these two is the easiest path. Check my previous posts in this thread for examples of these (and some other) issues, if you give a damn, here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ge-of-dragonspear.107891/page-38#post-4466470

and here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-of-dragonspear.107891/page-101#post-4475036

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
... granted, you seem to think the word "privilege" was somehow invented by tumblr, and not used in a lot of of old novels to indicate people born into nobility who had their whole life made easier because of that (Like, case in point, Skie).

There first thing that happens is that there is a refugee crisis in Baldur's Gate. Of course, that has absolutely nothing to do with the current refugee crisis in Europe, right?

No, it doesn't, what the fuck? You can be mean to the refugees, side with guards, abuse them, telling them to stop bitching, kill them, send them to jail with virtually zero repercussions. Oh yeah, some of these refugees are MEAN to CHARNAME when you don't give them indications, clearly agenda pushing, not simply lacking of role-play options or whatthefuck, maybe they are just mean peasants. Heck, when I found the dudes who stole my gold I told them to relinquish themselves to the autority and they agreed, since thievery is thievery at the end of the days.

Stop browsing /pol/ and KiA and get out once in a while.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Why do niggers like yourself pretend it's all coincidences when the writer herself confirmed her agenda with a forum post?

Do you people need this delusion because you actually like this shit?

I have no idea what those two (/pol and KiA) even are. Off Topic: I do know I have been taking 30 min runs by the lake every day for the last two weeks as the weather outside has been great. Was particularly invigorating after 6 hour long strategy meeting, and yesterday after 11 hours at the office. /Off Topic.

It's amusing how some people think they know exactly what kind of person you are because of some forum posts, then proceed to draw further conclusions from that assumption, and top it all off with an insult. Good luck. :D

Malpercio

Arcane
Stop browsing /pol/ and KiA and get out once in a while.
Why do niggers like yourself pretend it's all coincidences when the writer herself confirmed her agenda with a forum post?

Do you people need this delusion because you actually like this shit?

Probably because "I have issue with some of the female in the original BG" does't equally translate in "i'm going to make my game about privileges and the refugee crisis in Europe".

It would also imply Beamdog is made of time travlers and decided to make their game about a war have refugees, since it was announced before the refugees issue became widespream.

But hey, maybe you are right. Maybe the whole game is about pushing for the refugees. Now excuse me while my CHARNAME kills some of them and sides with the guards.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Probably because "I have issue with some of the female in the original BG" does't equally translate in "i'm going to make my game about privileges and the refugee crisis in Europe".
Did you actually read her post? :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom