Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Axioms Of Dominion Overview

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
What an idiot.

MoLAoS

I've gotten quite a bit of the research system for the first research type done now. Currently I'm writing some of the important code for the ideology system for populations. Essentially ideology is a set of beliefs modified by time, propaganda and circumstance.

Ideology deals with subjects like slavery, magic, industry, nature, etc. Basically just beliefs about reality and governance.

Populations change beliefs over time to slowly conform to the nature of their society. Beliefs can be modified by propaganda, which is when a character spend resources to spread a specific belief. Beliefs are also modified by circumstance. Say a country has a specific belief. Other countries with the opposite belief doing better or worse can start to erode the strength of the belief or boost it. Beliefs affected by this process are primarily government related beliefs.

Propaganda can be used to achieve various goals such as making the populace of a nation support a war or accept the enslavement of some foreign population. Propaganda could also be used to erode a population's belief in nobility or caste. That's a good way to destabilize a caste based society and make it collapse or be easier to conquer.

Beowulf

Arcane
Ok, I think I got it now.
Aren't you the one making threads on 4xgaming subreddit about designing 4x games?

MoLAoS

What do you think you have? Can't understand without context.

Norfleet

Demos are helpful to the imaginationally impaired, 95%+ of humanity, to visualize things.
It is not our job to visualize things, but it IS your job to actually make a game. Something that wasting time making people who are not part of making any game visualize would not actually serve to accomplish. Or did we forget the debacle of pretty "demos" for that Cthulhu game? The lesson is clear: demos are fakery, since logically one cannot have an actual video from a game that does not actually exist.

This thread belongs in Codex Workshop or retardo.
That, or tagged as "Vaporware" instead, as there is nothing incline about vaporware.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
A picture is worth many words and a video is oh so many pictures! And I don't like reading. just something to show that it works. Also im pretty sure you are suppose to make a much simpler proof of concept playable demo before adding more stuff.

Norfleet

A picture is worth many words and a video is oh so many pictures!
And yet none of these things is worth a single line of code.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom