Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The funny thing is, if they were zombies everyone would be 100% okay with this.

Well, zombies are already dead and usually "evil"/animalistic. I'm sure everyone would still be okay if these people were equally helpless soldiers of Russia/Tribulon Empire/the Dark Lord's army or some shit, though - the problem isn't the mass murder itself, but how you don't get a "justification" for it. So a mass murder game as a mindless arcade "for points" like pacman is sick and twisted, but give it some retarded videogame plot and it's okay. TL;DR: Storyfags ruin everything as usual
It gives a justification - misanthropy of the protagonist.

Black_Willow

Arcane
OMG, I was reading the comments under that 'BAN THIS FILTH' pettition and my brain suddenly started screaming. Some people are so dumb...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Killing people(in videogames) is always fun. I prefer games that do not fuck around the bush. They could tone down the edginess a bit though. Instead of an angsty edgelord monologue, better have an "average joe" silent character and let the player decide on his motives/ideology for mayhem.

Exactly this. They should just make it like the movie "Falling Down" where it's just a dude deciding to go on a street rampage because the weather is hot and he's not happy. No "I hate humanity" pretentious bullshit.
They went with that precisely because they knew it would generate the response it did. As mentioned, they don't have to spend a dime on marketing -- the idiot SJWs will do that for them.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
I really hate zombie shooters, "zombie apocalypse" preparation stuff and stuff like that there's something really obnoxious and creepy about it.

This is the only zombie apocalypse game that just strips the mask away and forces us to admit that we all just really want an excuse to shoot our neighbors. And it's got believable zombies, by which I mean average citizens.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Alternative trailer

And like warpig said - playing as average frustrate would be way better than boring edgeloser.

Killing people(in videogames) is always fun. I prefer games that do not fuck around the bush. They could tone down the edginess a bit though. Instead of an angsty edgelord monologue, better have an "average joe" silent character and let the player decide on his motives/ideology for mayhem.

Exactly this. They should just make it like the movie "Falling Down" where it's just a dude deciding to go on a street rampage because the weather is hot and he's not happy. No "I hate humanity" pretentious bullshit.

That would make it a bit too similar to Postal.

Unwanted

Mandora

Andhaira
Andhaira
This appears to be a throwback to the arcade genre of old, deliberately aimed to generate controversy to inflate sales.

Gameplay will likely be severely limited and suck.

mondblut

Arcane
This trailer is going to catch up with "Hitler reacts" in a few months :lol:

Too bad the "hug" version wasn't made by the devs themselves. A more gloating response to all the outraged butthurt couldn't be done.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
What would be awesome is if they took the trending popularity of survival games now and made it so you had to scavenge ammo and supplies, find and loot food and water, craft explosives or traps, discover a place to rest while hiding from cops or vigilantes, etc. with the difference being that you were the aggressor or "the bad guy" instead of running from zombies, crazies, cannibals, etc.

Emily

Arcane
n4f70dc852a159.jpg

You had it coming normalslime. I will enjoy this game in preparation to global revolution

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Stop trying to rewrite the game -- this is all about killing innocent women and children!

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first storm resisted

21/10/2014

Hello to all of you!

Those were a long, long few days since our trailer relase. We feel obligued to write down this post to report how things are going and to set some light on a few things. First of all we have to quote: "well, that escalated quickly!". We knew that our reveal will cause some shitstorm, but never expected it to be so huge. We wish to thank all of our haters and all upset press for a great marketing campaign they've done for us. A week ago, we were a little company from the middle of nowhere, just some guys making some game. Today everyone heard about "Hatred" and us. All thanks goes to those who were trying to harm us (with no desired effect, what a pity). On the other hand - we didn't expect that much of support and we weren't aware of how many people are out there, who think like us and who will entitle themselves as our dedicated fans. We want all of them to know: we won't stop, we won't change what this game is going to be and we'll deliver the best game we can to all of you!

Many can call us "attention whores" - well, we try to get world's attention to our product and as you can see - it worked perfectly. But there are some true attention whores out there, who are trying to imply that we are neo-nazis and some other stupid stuff. Do not believe everything you read on the web, especially written by no-name pathetic bloggers or some unhappy guys commenting around the web. From all of the shitstorm upon us, that was the only thing which really made us pissed-off, because it's simply too much. I've been told that it would be best for each member from my team who were accused of such things to write down his statement and publish it. So here we go:

"My grand-grand father was killed by Gestapo. Some members of my family were fighting against nazi occupation in the polish underground army called "Armia Krajowa". My forefathers suffered greatly because of totallitarian regimes, so who the fuck would I be if I'd truly support any of nazi activists? People give "likes" on Facebook all the time, even if they don't know what is exactly behind this or that fanpage. I did the same. Suddenly it makes me neo-nazi, great, have fun you stupid ass haters. Learn some history first, because when I read about "polish death camps" it makes me disgusted. You don't know shit about our history and you fall easily to false propaganda. The hateful title I'm working on (where virtual character hates virtual characters), doesn't have any connection to what I truly believe and think, there is a real-life outside, you know? Maybe you should try it? I will never ever again respond to any of those accusations, this is my ultimate statement."
J. Z.

"Nazi Germany is responsible for killing 6 milion people in Poland. Half of them were Jews, half of them Polish. My family suffered many losses during the World War II. Anybody accusing me for being a follower of said ideology should really think twice before doing so and consider reading some books on the topic. This is basic history knowledge really and also happens to be a very personal matter for me. I am not a neo-Nazi nor a fascist and it is utterly disgusting to be called this way. And I have to say it’s really surprising for me how somebody from the United States especially can have troubles understanding such simple and universal values as patriotism, honoring one own national symbols and caring for the future of his own country. Values like pluralism , democratic opposition and the right to manifest one own views shouldn’t be called ‘the lack of tolerance’. Finally regarding my attitude towards gays let me just say that I have a few gay friends that I deeply respect as people and have no problem with their sexual orientation."
M. K.

"In response to repeated allegations against me, I’d like to state that I’m opposed to all totalitarian ideologies. The t-shirt that I’m wearing on our team picture refers to National Polish Army troops, that in 1945 refused to lay down arms and continue fighting against the new invader, to regain independent Poland. They did so because they’ve rightly anticipated Soviet security service repressions against Polish already demilitarized army. I would also like to emphasize that until the year 1945 those troops were actively fighting against the Third Reich occupation. Those soldiers are Polish national heroes and as such deserve commemoration. Just as much as American troops that lose their lives fighting against terrorism. As to organizations that profiles I follow, they refer to the patriotic and libertarian tradition, and not to the totalitarian ideology."
J. S.

There is one more thing - accusing Hatred to be some kind of racist game. What the hell is wrong with you, people? The Antagonist is killing everyone equally, race doesn't matter (it's randomly generated for all NPC's), sex doesn't matter (it's random too), so you can call it the most tolerant game, promoting equality. Here everybody dies.

BTW: We've established our official forums, you can see the link above, on the menu bar.

Jarosław Zieliński

Educating Kwanzanians about WWII is a futile effort.

Still

What the hell is wrong with you, people? The Antagonist is killing everyone equally

You wanted equality, you have it. Deal with it.

Leonorai

Novice
So it seems the only thing that not even devs like this would tolerate would be a nazi simulator, complete with 3d death camps.

Somewhere, some nut is waiting for the right time to release one, i'm sure.

Perkel

Arcane
So it seems the only thing that not even devs like this would tolerate would be a nazi simulator, complete with 3d death camps.

Somewhere, some nut is waiting for the right time to release one, i'm sure.

No they just hate being called nazis. Hate being called nazis =/= stop making nazi games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom