Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Perkel

Arcane
reminds me of this movie with aliens and glasses that showed you true world.

buzz

Arcane
50434.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And Assassin's Creed: Rogue apparently doesn't have any of these shit. Maybe Ubisoft should remain last gen after all.
And you don't need to buy another $60 worth of virtual currency bullshit AND it's a proper sequel, that's why I'm curious about it. AC3 was by far the best one so far, Black Fag had better shippy parts but worse setting, Rogue is supposed to be the best of both worlds. I've actually read reviews saying it's the best AC so far.

bonescraper

Rogue is supposed to be the best of both worlds. I've actually read reviews saying it's the best AC so far.
:retarded:

No, it's just reskinned AC4. Same mechanics, same gameplay, even same crew voices and that Shay guy is just Edward with a face lift (same skeleton, same animations). They re-used evertyhing, but they're still selling it for 60$.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

No, it's just reskinned AC4. Same mechanics, same gameplay, even same crew voices and that Shay guy is just Edward with a face lift (same skeleton, same animations). They re-used evertyhing, but they're still selling it for 60$.
Yeah no. They re-used the homestead and that's about it.

The price is a bit silly but otherwise just extra content for AC3/4 sounds great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it ain't broke and you do try fixing it, you end up with the fuckup that is Unity.

The homestead is from III by the way, not IV.

bonescraper

BTW, Unity improves the series in a lot of ways, but no matter what it does good, it's one big mess of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
From what I understand this is pretty damn far from being the majority opinion
Majority opinion is that Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever made, Bioshock Infinite is a classic and Apple is innovative so the majority clearly doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From what I understand this is pretty damn far from being the majority opinion
Majority opinion is that Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever made, Bioshock Infinite is a classic and Apple is innovative so the majority clearly doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

...on the Codex, even.

Most people say original AC2 was the best, AC3 is popamole, AC4 is good.

bonescraper

Infinitron, the great collector of other people's opinions. Strange hobby for someone, who doesn't have any opionions of his own.

bonescraper

This is how next-gen graphics look like. Everything set to ultra.

C35AF8D05E68D689C5D1C5428AEBD635C4EA7802

3E5AAC036D4096E3816E4F319114AFCA147E9D4C

8B85141F5F5D0B63F6DA87136C27B5ABD4041412

DD192883D067C8EF6A4815961818541802F34BBB

18FC3BE8C6A0373AE92E17154295827F9CF78721

D7C49994ED4D331351F336ABBBF5050D4E2A3F7F

0D1CDD6D527D8D388A819FF2F0ACBA1068A099B0

Last edited by a moderator:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
On a somewhat unrelated note, just had a duel with a sword master that likes to dress in womans clothes in Unity. First I thought it was a bug for a sec when the "woman" started speaking with a male voice.

'K, time for some impressions. Played maybe 10 hours or so, cant check cause the uPlay site is "under maintainance" for the last 2 days.
Got about half way through in main story mode, just completed Sequence 7 and I've done about 20% of all other shit according to the ingame progress tracker.
Side activities are much better done this time in form of Paris Stories and Murder Mysteries while riddles can be a bitch. Data rifts are like Super Mario levels where you collect enough data points with a time limit so you can reveal and save the princess...i mean the trapped assassin.
Since the second patch yesterday I got alot less fps drops while cutscenes issues are still the same. I find combat p easy now, mainly cause the items are OP, with a cheap Katana you can rape p much anything in 3 hits. Otherwise just throw a smoke bomb and gtfo if things get messy.
Smoke bomb is my new fav mainly cause you can aim and throw it now, I had a few good uses for em in bunch of quests. Need to steal something from a dude guarded by bunch of thugs? Throw a smoke bomb, pickpocket his ass and disappear.

There's alot to like in Unity if it wasnt for Ubisoft faggotry pissing me off with features cut cause of the Helix credits.
In previous games if you synced a viewpoint it would show the "activities" and collectibles around the points area. Now they decided to hide the activities like Stories and Mysteries on the map view and minimap will reveal em only if its in players "area of sight".
In Black Flag they had Time Saver DLCs so lazy people wouldnt have to climb up and sync to see where all the stuff is, now in Unity there is no way to see 'em on main map unless you buy the Time Saver DLCs. Pure fucking faggotry.
I thought I bought the whole game, not the parts of it where features present that were also available in previous games are now hidden behind a paywall.
Shit like this really brings the game down, otherwise I'm enjoying it more than the Black Flag. Its very purty,main char models and clothes look insanely good, side content is much better done and most importantly it doesnt feel like a chore.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I thought the Ass Creed series was written by SJWs in the first place.
They're probably buttmad about the whole 'reign of terror' part of the revolution.

Though apparently they have gone pretty far in outright misrepresenting history just to make the revolutionaries look bad, to the point of just making shit up.

DeepOcean

Arcane

French leftist politician is butthurt about a mainstream game shitting on Muh Sacred Popular Revolution.

The french revolution was a bizarre shit fest anyway. It generated the worst bullshit thinking that destroyed most of the civilized world, at least, on one thing, Ubisoft got it right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom