Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I can see the suits discussing amongst themselves, "Hm... Which setting would be easiest to reuse assets from a previous game?"

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Awwwwwwww I was hoping for a Russian Civil War theme
As awesome as a setting that would be, it is one that will almost never be done.
Why? Because no one knows anything about it? Doesn't stop those chinese warring states games from popping up.
There's a book called Romance of the Three Kingdoms with everything that you need to know, and it's already in epic tale format...

My first pick would've been the War Between the States though that would open up a whole can of worms which Ubisoft would rather avoid. Hence, Russian Civil War which wouldn't perturb Westerners as much.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I wonder if they'll skip over the World Wars or not. I'd definitely play one set during either war though. Preferably the former.

Erzherzog

Magister
I wonder if they'll skip over the World Wars or not. I'd definitely play one set during either war though. Preferably the former.

World War 1 feels a little more chaotic so an Assassin would be more at home there. I mean that one is the one with some infamous femme fatales. But I would expect to see some more stupid American patriotism from Ubisoft. Something like an American in the French resistance is more up their alley. And I'm sick and tired of that setting.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meh, i think they should drop AC all together then make some full "pirates and trade themed" game with their war/fighting mechanics plus advenced crafting, crew mechanics and large selection of ships.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

World War 1 feels a little more chaotic so an Assassin would be more at home there. I mean that one is the one with some infamous femme fatales. But I would expect to see some more stupid American patriotism from Ubisoft. Something like an American in the French resistance is more up their alley. And I'm sick and tired of that setting.
World War 1 would be cool if you were operating in major cities instead of at the front line. Lots of possibilities for intrigue and espionage.

What I really want to see though is Paris during the Revolution. Lot's of iconic characters, exactly the kind of drama where an assassin thrives, and the Parisian rooftops are perfect for parkour.
The colonial villages in AC3 were a letdown compared to Rome and Constantinople, climbing around them felt pointless, might as well walk on the streets to get around.

Tytus

Arcane
So they are basically going back in time with 4, when all other games were going forward? What gives. I thought the plot progression was tied with timeline progression.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Meh, i think they should drop AC all together then make some full "pirates and trade themed" game with their war/fighting mechanics plus advenced crafting, crew mechanics and large selection of ships.

So what you're saying is "I think Ubisoft should stop releasing crap and do an interesting game instead". How likely do you think that is to happen given their track record?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

So what you're saying is "I think Ubisoft should stop releasing crap and do an interesting game instead". How likely do you think that is to happen given their track record?

Zero, it's just "a fools hope" :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom