Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Arcade games recomendation thread

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Why there is only the "animu" prefix in General Gaming? Aniway, since a lot of games in this thread are from nippon, whatever...

Armed police batrider:

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs:

Final fight(hard as fuck)

Gun force 2

Malhavoc

Novice
Matrimelee which is of the Power Instinct series, a very quirky and weird fighter series. It has really good music in certain stages including heavy metal and authentic Japanese karaoke!

Daraku Tenshi The Fallen Angels is a pretty obscure fighting game from what I've seen, but it has incredibly fluid animation and some cool characters. The fighting isn't quite as fast pace as most other fighter games, but it is fun enough. There are some cool combos you can pull. Yes, that is a tranny in the first fight. Although a lot of the characters are considered rip offs of KoF, I like them.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
So the anime prefix is just a trap to move threads :lol: ! lots of jrpg in this thread...

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
So the anime prefix is just a trap to move threads :lol: ! lots of jrpg in this thread...
No suprise here, japanese companies were the kings of arcade (and still are back in Japan).
The thread moving is still bullshit tough. Is there a way to play these games on-line(or any other emulator?)?

Palikka

Arcane

There was a third wild west run'n'gunner I remember playing as a kid, I just cant find it :( In the third one you could play as a cowboy with pistols or an indian throwing tomahawks.. maybe I'm just imagining it..

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Too bad the player suck. Im trying to find more obstacle racer(the top down ones). Anyone remember?

Played this yesterday. Fun game

Found this while watching a drunk guy play Black Ops. Apparently it's a fan remake of the first touhou game, but holy shit does it look good.

The name is Mai Hana Ao Makyou - Uniting Barrage Action. If anyone's interested it's freeware and you can find a download easily.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can't really go wrong with arcade games, especially SHMUPs and puzzle games and fighting games.
Also Wild Guns on the SNES.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

222002201.jpg

Fuck yeah, black tiger... What a gay image though...

Avoid the sequels.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Undercover Cops is such a nice hidden gem. Be sure to play the so called "alpha renewal version" to play the game as intended (basically the Japanese version in English) because the original US release is simply unfinished and misses tons of things.

Everyone knows Golden Axe I'm sure but the sequel (the real one, not the anemic Genesis sequels) is unfairly obscure.

Else Outrun and Outrunners.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Nebulas Ray

Mystic Warriors (Sunset Riders' ninja themed spiritual sequel)

Shock Troopers

Shit, there's tons of arcade games I can recommend.... after I do some thinking and remembering(it's been a while since my hardcore MAMEing days).

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Alligator Hunt (very underrated and obscure gem)

Quite an oddball game too, two skateboarding kids start off fighting invading alien gators on their 'boards and then fly into space in their fighters to wage an intersteller war against them. Also made by a Spanish dev.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom

Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow of Mystara

D&D themed side scrolling beat 'em ups with multiple classes to choose from, rpg elements and different paths to choose from(what's not to like?) ^

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Only 2 pages and we already have the same games, c'mon guys. let me help:
Magic Sword:

mgsw2.jpg

Teddy boy blues:

tedbluepng.png

Operation Wolf:

1126699018.jpg
Operation_Wolf_Arcade.jpg

Bad dudes vs Dragon ninjas:

baddude_arcade.jpg

badddudes_burger.jpg

Robocop:

robocop+arcade.jpg

Wonder boy:

images

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom