Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

anyone?

Ayreos

Augur
This is how these things work.

Game 1 has some sexual subtext. (rated T)
Game 2 cranks the sexual subtext to the limit. (still rated T)
Game 3 has battles in underwear. (rated M)
Game 4 ??????? (rated XXX)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
lol it's part of the Ar Tonelico series. Ar Tonelico is one of the worst video games i have ever played, really.

Ayreos

Augur
I was fine with the first two. Aside from the terrible graphics, it had an interesting setting, okay plot, good crafting system and simple, yet sometimes challenging battle system. In fact, it's worth appreciating it for the uniqueness alone. Did you also hate its main feature, the diving into the two girls' minds? Regardless, that mechanic definitely allowed for more characterization than any jRPG i've seen.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I hate VNs but i'd say the diving thing was rather well done. The crafting system was also good.

But from what i remember, the girls made the fights easier and more boring than most combat systems.
And what i hated the most was the dialogs/interactions with the girls between white knight/princess things and sexual allegories. Some little romances already suck, so when it is almost the main plot...meh...and the shitty art that come with this...

To compare, i consider that Atelier Iris : Eternal Mana and Mana Khemia were OK.

Ayreos

Augur
Yeah, i agree completely with that. Still not as bad as Mass Effect "romances" for me.

I'm desperately tried my PS3 to be only Drakengard 3 / Persona 5 machine :( and trying to find some good ex. How about this geam, anyone?

Hyperion

Arcane
Did they hire Luca Turilli for the orchestration or something? Having flashbacks of being 12 and thinking Rhapsody was awesome.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
One of the worst games I've played.

Bought it on with a -73% or something discount tho :dealwithit:

Still not worth the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom