Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD Public Beta Release 2 is out

hiver

He will probably send the full "review" directly to Iron Towers. But im sure we will get to see some juicy bits too.
Will be interesting to see if he can add anything that wasnt mentioned already. Should be elucidating all the same.
And lets not forget that Brian Mitsoda and Annie also reviewed various builds so its not like the game didnt already went under some pro x-ray scrutiny.

also... hopefully it will give him some juicy ideas for Wasteland 2 muahehehehe...

For those of you who have played several builds: How practical are diplomacy/combat hybrids? So far seems to me like you have to specialize a bit too much. I'm talking about making a good fighter that is at least decent in some other skill like lore or streetwise.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Works well for me, a combat difter wih streetwise and persuasion can fare well, but expect combat to more demanding...

Assassins with persuasion and streetwise da do well to, especially with criticam strike helping.

Works well for me, a combat difter wih streetwise and persuasion can fare well, but expect combat to more demanding...

Assassins with persuasion and streetwise da do well to, especially with criticam strike helping.

And I guess that craftmanship is a must for any combat build too right? And loremaster seems to have uses for it too.

Project: Eternity
For those of you who have played several builds: How practical are diplomacy/combat hybrids? So far seems to me like you have to specialize a bit too much. I'm talking about making a good fighter that is at least decent in some other skill like lore or streetwise.
I had some success with a merchant who almost all the main quests but then used his ill-gotten gains to build a suit of imperial armor. That and a bit of dagger is enough to do the ruffians and first Militades fight.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And I guess that craftmanship is a must for any combat build too right? And loremaster seems to have uses for it too.
There is no "must skill", as far as I know...persuasion and streetwise seem the most common, but the rest in up to you. I finished with a combat-only bro quite nicely without any crafting skill...

There is no "must skill", as far as I know...persuasion and streetwise seem the most common, but the rest in up to you. I finished with a combat-only bro quite nicely without any crafting skill...

Ok. I must say that I'm really enjoying the demo right now. The first build seemed to be to scarce with the sp, and seemed to be imposible to succed in a blind playtrough, now it has a better feeling. The combat is still a rapefest though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom