Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a manual somewhere that I can read while waiting for the final release?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
New huge update:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/76917297291954995

There are many significant improvements and additions (e.g. option to take the ship to Maadoran, Al-Sahir becoming stronger, new sounds, etc.). Infinitron, where's the news on the main site? There hasn't been any AoD on the main site for months while at the moment you have 4 DOS2 news, 2 Wasteland 2 (+2 other inXile games). WTF? Age of Decadence deserves much more than this.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New huge update:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/76917297291954995

There are many significant improvements and additions (e.g. option to take the ship to Maadoran, Al-Sahir becoming stronger, new sounds, etc.). Infinitron, where's the news on the main site? There hasn't been any AoD on the main site for months while at the moment you have 4 DOS2 news, 2 Wasteland 2 (+2 other inXile games). WTF? Age of Decadence deserves much more than this.
Well they post an update every couple of days now, so not sure if it warrants a post on the front page. Don't worry, there has to be a huge-ass fucking post on the release :)

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Is there a manual somewhere that I can read while waiting for the final release?
you should read this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531086530

Vault Dweller why not consider it as the official guide?
I wanted a cool manual full of fluff not a basic strategy guide.
You forgot to log out and log in as Anthedon.
And don't make up excuses, it will only make you look more guilty :troll:

Stylized manual would be great but it would require too much effort and manual is not needed to master this game. Many people prefer to play without manual and discover things themselves instead of being told what to do.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I can remember the same kind of work of bro felipepe for blackguards when Daedelic has made it official guide.So why can't it work here for AoD?

Jinn

Arcane
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I was wondering something. If I start the game now, will my save game be compatible with the final release version?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Most likely. We didn't have any compatibility issues so far and you can load a 2 year old save and play without any major problems, but such saves will lack many variables which might result in incorrect scenarios (people who should be dead being alive, etc) or old trading inventories. If you start playing now you should be fine. We might block older saves though (anything before Sep 10 when the final location was added).

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks, Vault Dweller! Can't wait to finally get into this amazing game.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is something that isn't very clear to me. When I select a background, I get the stats assigned. I understand that based on this, the skill points are assigned for each class so that if fits it's role. This makes me wonder if there is any use in setting the stats different. The predefined stats are the best ones for playing each class?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
There is something that isn't very clear to me. When I select a background, I get the stats assigned. I understand that based on this, the skill points are assigned for each class so that if fits it's role. This makes me wonder if there is any use in setting the stats different. The predefined stats are the best ones for playing each class?

They are a good suggestion, IMO. But since there are several paths even inside a questline, no stat allocation rules supreme.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't wait to play this finally as I'm avoiding Early Access games. Do you guys have an idea how much playtime would an average play through require? An estimate of course

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you have no idea what you're doing and choose a combat heavy route, it can easily take 20+ or 30 hours. If you know what you're doing and choose a fully noncombat playthrough, you can blitz right through in a couple of hours. But after those two you might wish to consider some different factions and hybrid builds, which will keep you occupied for god knows how long...

Drowed

Arcane
For some reason, it looks like after the last patch, AOD started to crash on startup here. :(

"Failed to initialize Direct3D! Make sure you have DirectX 9 installed, and are running a graphics card that supports Pixel Shader 1.1". I've already sent the crash reports.

It was working normally before. Ow well.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

likaq

Arcane
I dislike DLCs, so we won't charge anything for all extra content related to the game. The dungeon crawler is a different story but it will be a stand-alone game with different features (party-based combat, etc).

As for the planned content, we've allocated 3 months to support the game no matter what. During these 3 months we'll work on extra content because why not? Let's call it minor content: extra dialogues, extra quest solutions, minor quests.

If the game sells well enough to extent that time by another 3 months (i.e. we aren't forced to drop everything and start working on the dungeon crawler to stay in business), then we'll add 'major' content: extra quests and sub-locations. This isn't cut content but ideas that occurred to us during development but weren't part of the original design.

The dungeon crawler was always our plan B - what happens if AoD doesn't sell enough to pay for the generation ship game's development: do we give up, take our ball and go home or try something else? Trying something else (a quick and inexpensive game that's all about combat) seems like a better idea.

While our goal is to put together the dungeon crawler in 8-10 months (otherwise it doesn't make sense), we'll do our best to offer new features to make the game more interesting for people who are well familiar with AoD. The setting does call for a reworked armor system (individual pieces you can scavenge and swap around), but we'll see.

Just to be clear, we aren't aiming to make a full-scale crawler a-la Wiz 8. We're aiming to make an $8 game that we can put together in under a year. Fight your way out of a prison mine, probably 40 fights in total.

from rpgwatch

Lgrayman

Novice
I must say, I really wish they had decided to go down the route of some kind of expansion instead of a dungeon crawler, but then I'm a massive storyfag. Not all DLC has to be a shitty cash grab; it's often done excellently (such as in Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls etc).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom