Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD December update - beta in Jan

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Updated:

- Fixed the warehouse door
- Fixed House Aurelian greeting
- Lowered the castle's reputation check (temporary), removed entrance restrictions for praetors
- Moved to the castle after the gate intro
- Added the prophet's portrait.

Yes, I noticed a few scripting issues in the most recent build; for example, after Zamedi when you are sent by House Aurelian to Ganezzar, you can repeatedly talk to the House Aurelian leader over and over again about zamedi, gaining sp each time.
Will be fixed.

Also, the game doesn't automatically send you to ganezzar, so you have to go to the front gates of the city and manually leave for ganezzar.
Or use the world map. It's disabled in faction and quest buildings but works fine elsewhere. So if Gaelius sends you to Ganezzar, leave the palace and 'teleport'.

Also, when you go to the gate to talk to Meru... you can't confront him. You just ask him about his religion and generally chit chat with him, but House Aurelian specifically sent me there to confront him about his new digging for artifacts project and to resolve the siege.
Scripting issue, already fixed (see above)

Also, when you go to buy the power armour in your bathrobe, and things go south, it says that you will fight them in your robe. However, you are still wearing whatever armour you had equipped when you first left; the game never puts the robe on you.
We didn't have time to add these details (it was added last minute). I didn't want to delay it to the next week.

Also, when you go down to the Hangar as an Aurelian Praetor, and then come back up the ramp, the only option is to lie to the loremasters upstairs about what you saw, or ask them to open the door if you weren't able to get in. Or just go back to Ganezzar. Why am I fighting with them? I'm with House Aurelian, I should tell them to go ahead and seal it up, and then tell the House Aurelian leader what a great job we did finding the temple that House Daratan was looking for.
Good point, we'll add it.

PS. You do know it's not the temple you were looking for, right?

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PS. You do know it's not the temple you were looking for, right?

That's what I figured, because I'm pretty sure I'm looking for the hellgate, but I was sent to the hangar by the guy that dolmitius ulpian sent me to see. Either way, I wanted to seal the place up because I was pro-aurelian.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Just wanted to clarify that there was more content and ending the siege isn't the endgame. Btw, you'll be able to take the ship to Maadoran if you want to. Right now you can only crash it if you try to take it for a spin. You need the jellyfish artefact from Teron and either the mantra from Antidas' palace or high lore.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I practically have none now (I used to have crashes when I opened journal but now it's been fixed). The only crash I had was when I was using fraps but that's not the game's problem.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Since updating the game with the latest beta update, i'm getting a lot more crashes.
Can you be more specific? How often, when they occur, are they random or is there a pattern? Also, I assume you're sending us crash reports (they are very helpful).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Since updating the game with the latest beta update, i'm getting a lot more crashes.
Can you be more specific? How often, when they occur, are they random or is there a pattern? Also, I assume you're sending us crash reports (they are very helpful).

I need to test the situation more, but i had two almost back to back, the first one was exploring the slums in Maadoran after being taken on the tour by the "guide", once i hit combat in the ambush the game crashed, second one was traveling from Inferiae to Zamedi(?), not sure on name, its the second location that opens up with Inferiae from the library.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Thanks. If it crashes again (or anytime on starting combat), PM me the relevant lines (just before the crash) of the console log located where your save games are.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I got two error messages in Inferiae today that didn't crash the game. I fought off the villagers when they tried to throw me in the pit. Every time Azra threw a potion at me, an error message about incorrect trajectory calculation would pop up. I could continue with the battle as long as I just cancelled out the messages.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I got two error messages in Inferiae today that didn't crash the game. I fought off the villagers when they tried to throw me in the pit. Every time Azra threw a potion at me, an error message about incorrect trajectory calculation would pop up. I could continue with the battle as long as I just cancelled out the messages.
Can you send us a save game and steps to reproduce? Or a screen or two showing where the potions where thrown from and to?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you come up from the hangar and fight the engineers who have come to seal the place up, the fire potions don't create a wall of fire when you throw them on the ground.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Can you send us a save game and steps to reproduce? Or a screen or two showing where the potions where thrown from and to?
wpMG6F7.jpg

I don't have any saves from before the battle, but Azra was standing in the doorway and I was standing one square diagonally to her left, the one in the image. This happened two different times - I lost the battle the first time - and we were in the same squares each time. Another time we were in a more wide open area and it didn't happen, so I imagine the problem has to do with the potion clipping through the hut wall.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
This reminds me, I've also had this error in Inferiae but in the upper tower level - when I threw liquid fire flask. At this spot exactly: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/28481408604253579/62B815C70A4A4013CF5C93295745B14F1B3BC424/
But I can't repeat it now. I forgot about it since pressing enter (i.e. pressing "ignore button" which I didn't even need to see) solved the problem. BTW, you can escape from the demon by going up or down the tower, he doesn't follow you. And once he's at the console you can walk to a point blank distance and he does nothing. When you click on him the same options appear as at the very start and he teleports back to the upper level if you use #3. This doesn't always work, you can check for yourself by using this save:
http://www.2shared.com/file/CEjgom1c/Demon_doesnt_attack_you.html

Weasel
So which codexer is LzDK14? The guy's hilarious.

He certainly spams out the troll posts but seems to lack the finesse of even an average Codex troll. Perhaps it's someone butthurt from clashes with VD on here or someone bearing a grudge from a VD review.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Doesn't seem like it. He's upset that the game is still in development and he thinks it's because we're rolling in Early Access money and thus have no reason to release anything because life is good as it is. So he made it his mission to lower our sales to force us to release the game or admit it's a scam.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
There's something wrong with the guy. He derails every conversation he's involved in, don't humor him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom