Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AngryJoe's shitstorm

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's his fucking youtube channel and he can do whatever shit he wants. Not his fault thousands of nerds follow him like he's some kind of an important person for the world.
I find the content of his channel shit especially recently with all the movie reviews (like we care what he says about a movie for some reason) but all this fuss is simply funny. Just don't watch him if you don't like what he does.
But what are we going to do without such drama?Play rpgs....ridiculous!

Uncle Skull

Educated
I'll be happy when Angry Joe finally quits. Risen 1 3/10 & Risen 2 4/10, but Skyrim 10/10? And Dragon Age 2 7/10? The fatfaced loudmouth faggot talks utter fucking shit 90% of the time.

Not only that, he's the very embodiment of the PR machine which is ruining our games industry, as shallow dross like Skyrim is hailed as "legendary" and Risen viewed as "poor". He just follows the trend, has absolutely NO fucking idea what makes a good game, and to call him a "reviewer" is a massive upgrade on his actual standing. Hell I'm not sure I'd even call him a gamer.

A brainwashed, trend following sheep with no actual clue about games at all, the sooner his diseased kind fucks off out of gaming the better.
:bro:

Falksi

Arcane
I've only just watched his review for Fallout 4.

8/10. What. The. Fuck.

He completely slates the Risen series, 1&2 both getting 4/10 or below, and yet Skyrim gets 10/10, FO4 8/10.

He's a nice enough chap and I can see why people warm to his charm, but the lad just simply knows fuck all about gaming. He just does not have a clue, and can only function at a base level, with fluff & filler always wowing his simple mind.

Exactly the kind of dude who thought The Force Awakens was awesome because it looked & sounded like Star Wars, and who couldn't figure out in the firs 15 min it was a shite New Hope reboot.

PrettyDeadman

He's a nice enough chap and I can see why people warm to his charm, but the lad just simply knows fuck all about gaming. He just does not have a clue, and can only function at a base level, with fluff & filler always wowing his simple mind.

He have pleb tastes, just like vast majority of gamers, which is the reason why skrim and etc. are among the most commerically successful games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

He have pleb tastes, just like vast majority of gamers, which is the reason why skrim and etc. are among the most commerically successful games.
Well he is filthy casual after all.

PrettyDeadman

Nothing wrong with that.

Falksi

Arcane

Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, that is the thing. I'm quite a casual gamer in many respects. But I can step back and analyze what floats my boat, what I don't like but floats other people's boats, and most importantly what makes for an enjoyable experience. I dare say most posters on this forum can too.

Joe can't. Joe doesn't actually get entertainment, or the emotional/mental/etc. responses that make for an enjoyable experience.

There's more excitement, humour & RPG elements in 5 hours of the Risen series than there is in the entire Skyrim/FO4 experience. It's not hard to spot, it's a very basic observation which thousands have seen both on here & the net in general. Yet it totally bypassed Joe, not because of his tastes, but because in all honestly he's just a bit dumb and not someone who should be reviewing.

Reviews are always about opinion, but that opinion should come from people with enough about them to recognize all elements of what they are passing an opinion on. Joe's not clued up enough to do that, and his vids have largely gained a following on charm alone.

Time for him to hang up his joypad IMO.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, that is the thing. I'm quite a casual gamer in many respects. But I can step back and analyze what floats my boat, what I don't like but floats other people's boats, and most importantly what makes for an enjoyable experience. I dare say most posters on this forum can too.

Joe can't. Joe doesn't actually get entertainment, or the emotional/mental/etc. responses that make for an enjoyable experience.

There's more excitement, humour & RPG elements in 5 hours of the Risen series than there is in the entire Skyrim/FO4 experience. It's not hard to spot, it's a very basic observation which thousands have seen both on here & the net in general. Yet it totally bypassed Joe, not because of his tastes, but because in all honestly he's just a bit dumb and not someone who should be reviewing.

Reviews are always about opinion, but that opinion should come from people with enough about them to recognize all elements of what they are passing an opinion on. Joe's not clued up enough to do that, and his vids have largely gained a following on charm alone.

Time for him to hang up his joypad IMO.
That is why you are just a casual.I to play a lot of different games and enjoy them.I laugh my ass off when the stupid mexican whined that Mass Effect andromeda doesn't have space combat.Because that is the corner stone of the mass effect franchise.....fucking space combat.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'll be happy when Angry Joe finally quits. Risen 1 3/10 & Risen 2 4/10, but Skyrim 10/10? And Dragon Age 2 7/10? The fatfaced loudmouth faggot talks utter fucking shit 90% of the time.

Not only that, he's the very embodiment of the PR machine which is ruining our games industry, as shallow dross like Skyrim is hailed as "legendary" and Risen viewed as "poor". He just follows the trend, has absolutely NO fucking idea what makes a good game, and to call him a "reviewer" is a massive upgrade on his actual standing. Hell I'm not sure I'd even call him a gamer.

A brainwashed, trend following sheep with no actual clue about games at all, the sooner his diseased kind fucks off out of gaming the better.

This, except i wouldn't call him "brainwashed". He is just doing what it takes to get ahead.

Falksi

Arcane

This, except i wouldn't call him "brainwashed". He is just doing what it takes to get ahead.

Maybe just "dumb" then.

I've just quickly skimmed through his review of Risen 2 again, and pretty much all he focus' on is gameplay mechanics. I may have missed it whilst skimming, but there seems to be little talk of the excellent RPG aspects of the game such as the humour, the character individuality, the different approaches which you can take & significant C&C elements etc.

He also lambasts the game for it's character progression, outright branding it "bad" when it's not. If you enjoy character progression where you actually have to work at it slightly - you know, like actual RPGs used to do before they became COD with stats - it's just as good as it's always been throughout the PB games.

I LOVED Risen 2, to me it was a 9/10 experience, but I can see why the gameplay mechanics & other issues would hinder certain players enjoyment. So if I were to review it, with those factors in mind, I'd probably say it should be a 6/10 or 7/10 game (would have to replay for a fresh view on it). For Joe to simply not recognize a boat load of positive RPG elements and give it a 4/10 shows how shallow a scope he has for games, and his mostly gameplay focussed review reflects that.

And don't get me started on his 10/10 rating for Skyrim's lol.

He's simply a poor reviewer, who shouldn't be doing such a job for a living. Angry Joe - 3/10

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It goes without saying that he is dumb. But that's not the issue either. I don't think people here appreciate just how strong an influence hype or popularity is. Just the other day i had dinner with a bunch of relatives, and one of them had a 13 year old kid whom i had to entertain with my computer. He had a bunch of games he wanted to play and it was just all modern stuff. Minecraft, GTA5, Counter Strike GO and so forth and the judgmental attitude he took when i told him i had none of that stuff was very telling. See, those are the "popular" games so it was the "in" thing to play them, and by not having those titles on my computer i presented myself as some kind of "loser". And that's the mentality that affects 99% of mainstream people. They like Skyrim because it is the "in" thing to do. The quality of the game is completely besides the point. Now i don't think Angry Joe has great taste in games at all and i doubt he actually really gives a shit one way or another but the problem with his reviews isn't just lack of taste. It is the fact he has to ride on the wave of mainstream opinion if he wants to be popular and that means giving Skyrim a stellar review because what kind of loser doesn't like Skyrim?

Falksi

Arcane
It goes without saying that he is dumb. But that's not the issue either. I don't think people here appreciate just how strong an influence hype or popularity is. Just the other day i had dinner with a bunch of relatives, and one of them had a 13 year old kid whom i had to entertain with my computer. He had a bunch of games he wanted to play and it was just all modern stuff. Minecraft, GTA5, Counter Strike GO and so forth and the judgmental attitude he took when i told him i had none of that stuff was very telling. See, those are the "popular" games so it was the "in" thing to play them, and by not having those titles on my computer i presented myself as some kind of "loser". And that's the mentality that affects 99% of mainstream people. They like Skyrim because it is the "in" thing to do. The quality of the game is completely besides the point. Now i don't think Angry Joe has great taste in games at all and i doubt he actually really gives a shit one way or another but the problem with his reviews isn't just lack of taste. It is the fact he has to ride on the wave of mainstream opinion if he wants to be popular and that means giving Skyrim a stellar review because what kind of loser doesn't like Skyrim?

Great post. Forget"dumb" then, "weak" is what we'll go with. Again, something which a PROPER reviewer isn't, and thus another reason why Joe isn't one. He's just another cog in the mass hype machine, sucking off dross, hating on quality.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He's absolutely not dumb since he became rich by creating stupid videos in youtube. Apparently some sort of intelligence is there in order to achieve that.
Now as far as his taste goes, I frequently disagree with him but the majority of the gamer population doesn't and obviously that's perfect for him.
Also he has some production quality in his reviews that most other youtube reviewers lack. Even if he adds stupid skits and costumes to the mix.
When you watch a review he makes it's entertaining even if you think he makes wrong points.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
He's absolutely not dumb since he became rich by creating stupid videos in youtube. Apparently some sort of intelligence is there in order to achieve that.

Yes, he is dumb and a he got rich due to luck and because he is the dancing monkey for a horde of popamolers.

Only an idiot would start throwing tantrums at their huge audience like a child and risk losing a lot of his success.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Throwing tantrums is what made him rich. Plus he actually is getting more fame currently rather than anything else. Butthurt nerds are the best source of popularity.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Throwing tantrums at games made him rich, not throwing tantrums at his own audience and blocking comments and ratings.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Yeah OK technically you're right, but let me ask you this:
Until this recent shit, when did you last talk about him? Was it like 2-3-4 years ago? If ever?
Suddenly everyone is talking about AJ and his comments. As if people where commenting there all the time and as if the comments in the youtube videos of this asshole are important. But... everyone knows about it. So there you go. Success

Falksi

Arcane
David Beckham is dumb as fuck, yet has way more money than everyone on these boards and Joe put together. Giving people what they want isn't clever, it's just another symptom of said sheep-like behaviour which makes some rich.

By all means there's nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't make you good at what you do, and Joe isn't successful because he's good, he's successful because he creates interest via various means.

The trouble arises when said people start to click on that - like Skyrim, the Force Awakens etc. - Joe is all fluff & no substance. As he's said himselfd he's not releasing any less game reviews, but because he's built a fanbase up of COD loving numpty-fucks which see the likes of Skyrim as a deep RPG, said numptees will inevitably get bored of him and turn on him. As they are doing now.

The decline is inevitable.

For what it's worth I like him as a chap. i think he's entertaining and can see why he's done well. But his reviews are frankly awful most of the time. They usually miss key factors in games, positive or negative, and the bloke simply isn't clued up enough to give a thorough opinion on games.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
David Beckham is dumb as fuck, yet has way more money than everyone on these boards and Joe put together.
David Beckham had impressive talent in the most popular sport in the world. That is a completely different issue.

Also giving people what they want before others start doing it en masse, is pretty intelligent. Nowadays everyone wants to become a youtuber - AJ and some others did that before it "was cool". That requires at least good perception of ongoing situations which is a pretty good attribute to have.

He is obviously a mainstream gamer, he generally plays more in consoles too. No doubt about that. But most gamers are like that as well, so I guess that's why he has a big audience.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Yeah OK technically you're right, but let me ask you this:
Until this recent shit, when did you last talk about him? Was it like 2-3-4 years ago? If ever?
Suddenly everyone is talking about AJ and his comments. As if people where commenting there all the time and as if the comments in the youtube videos of this asshole are important. But... everyone knows about it. So there you go. Success
But there is a good chance that is he genuinely burnt out, which is a common, but huge problem in this line of work:
He might well be one of the most successful gaming youtuber, but he cannot easily switch to another line of work. It seems that he cannot even switch to another form of content without losing his audience. So he is kind of trapped there, and I suspect he has lost the flame, which happens, but that means he will have to force himself to do it until he gets enough money for living out of it, which could still take quite some time.

Falksi

Arcane
David Beckham is dumb as fuck, yet has way more money than everyone on these boards and Joe put together.
David Beckham had impressive talent in the most popular sport in the world. That is a completely different issue.

Also giving people what they want before others start doing it en masse, is pretty intelligent. Nowadays everyone wants to become a youtuber - AJ and some others did that before it "was cool". That requires at least good perception of ongoing situations which is a pretty good attribute to have.

He is obviously a mainstream gamer, he generally plays more in consoles too. No doubt about that. But most gamers are like that as well, so I guess that's why he has a big audience.

No it's not, Joe has a talent - he's entertaining. My point is that they are both dumb and can't quantify things in their respective fields intelectually. Beckham could never be a tactical genius, Joe can't analyse games from anything other than a fairly base, casual angle.

You don't need brains to give people what they want. It may be beneficial to do that and result in success, but many people do that without a plan or engaging their mind. They may have a great instinct, but when it comes to knowledge of their respective fields, neither display anywhere near enough to be viewed as an expert opinion in said field.

I suspect a lot of the hate now directed at Joe is coming from other such dumb fucks who realize the 10/10 games which he raved about were actually fairly shit. And that said hype has not only skanked them a bit, but also encouraged the industry to keep churning out such shit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom