Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anachronox - "Lucko" trouble

Nedrah

Erudite
Hey,

pretty early in the game I need to follow that guy named Lucko from his flat so I can find some Eddie - supposedly Eddie knows things. Trouble is, said Lucko simply disapears after the first map transition. From my google search regarding the matter I learned that this is supposed to have something to do with modern cpus, but people seemed to have some luck just waiting for some time after he crossed the "level border" before following him through the load. No such luck for me, he still simply disapears.

Sooo, any of you had this problem and know of a possible fix? Thanks.

Fez

Erudite
I've never had this happen before or heard about this error. Nasty. Are you certain it is a bug and not you messing up the quest?

Nedrah

Erudite
I'm absolutely positive. After it happens, the game starts to freak out in even more nasty ways anyways. For example, if I use the elevator, my party dies. For no reason whatsoever. Just Game Over screen. As I said, there were other people with that problem, but they managed to overcome it by just waiting for a while before following him. No such luck for me.

Yeah I had this problem too, it's something to do with modern processor speeds. However I simply overcame it by downloading a savegame which placed me just before your confrontation with him, so nothing was really lost apart from the fact that you'll have to play with someone else's login name. Savegames can be found here - http://chordian.dk/files/saves/Save_Gam ... hronox.zip

Nedrah

Erudite
Well, I have build45 and 46 installed. I didn't know there were two more. Where can I find them? Otherwise, I think I'm going to go with the savegame suggestion, thanks for the link.

Now all I need is a mod that makes combat true turnbased.

Edit: D'oh, there's 17 rar files in that download. Any idea about how I could find the right one without going through all of them?

Edit2: Nevermind, I solved this. Used cpukiller 3 to slow down both of my cores about 80%, made sure to have automatic cpu load distribution disabled. If it stays enabled this way of fixing the problem will likely not work, as all the stress that cpukiller generates just goes to one core while the game will continue crapping out on the other (too fast) one. Posting this so others with the same problem know what's going on. On a sidenote, playing this with about 20% of my usual cpu power suddenly made me pretty thankful for the kind of load times and framerates I'm experiencing. Hopefully this is it, then. The quest worked just fine with a simulated slow cpu.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Nedrah said:
Well, I have build45 and 46 installed. I didn't know there were two more. Where can I find them?

Nah, the three unofficial patches are builds 44-46, so you should have everything if you installed those. People just tend to forget about 46, since it came out right when a bunch of Anachronox sites stopped updating/shut down.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm bumping this thread since I've also had the Lucko bug, it seems all newer dualcore systems have it. I found a workaround that doesn't involve using cpukiller. You just have to keep as close a possible to Lucko and when you are about to move from one area to the other (or use an elevator) you should keep the "speed button" pressed and let it go after you've moved to the new area. The speed button is backslash and it's been implemented into the game with one of the latest builds.

OK well on replaying and encountering the same bug the solution is to load the second from top Tours Area (5:25) save in the Anachronox_002 Jens Christian Huus folder. Just drag all the files from JCH apart form photos and settings.cfg into anoxdata/SAVE and then load it up. This way you can avoid having the JCH login name.

http://chordian.dk/files/saves/Save_Gam ... hronox.zip

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom