Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All the stat, skill and background checks (spoilers)

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Woah. Can you do that?

Talking to Carrinas as an IG makes him tell you to stop plotting and just follow Paullus' orders. I didn't know Carrinas could survive in any way other than going full IG or turning to the IG at some point in Teron.

You need high persuasion and streetwise to convince him.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I figured you for a Moor and now look at this.

dwight_schrute.gif

It's called roleplaying. The char in question is an ignorant assassin who gives no fucks about killing and maiming, not a holy crusader. (he's loyal to the guild tho (nevermind, forgot he killed that scarry woman in Maadoran for some easy gain for Lady Lorenza)

He's the kind of guy who takes a scimitar because it's the heaviest sword around without asking a question whether he's approprating some goat-fucker's culture.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Really triggered by this first assassin quest in Maadoran. I have a black powder bomb but I can't open the secret passage with it because LUL

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Really triggered by this first assassin quest in Maadoran. I have a black powder bomb but I can't open the secret passage with it because LUL
Black powder in this amount is just too weak to destroy a sturdy door. But if it really bothers you ask Vince and co. to add such option.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Black powder in this amount is just too weak to destroy a sturdy door. But if it really bothers you ask Vince and co. to add such option.
How many raw black powders were required there?

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm not sure it's even possible. I'm just being IT apologist :P.
I thought on another character I managed to
blow up the wall in Darius tomb using an alchemy check without having any black powder, but it's possible I had some and just didn't remember.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Magnificate,

the purpose of this thread is to provide an incentive to players that are too frustrated by the harsh skill checks and are still getting used to AoD. I stop updating it because it can be detrimental to the experience that the game tries to offer. Please have in mind that the process of reloading and making different builds to unlock a certain content is part of the fun and makes your feeling of achievement and reward multiplied tenfold. In any case, the skill checks of the core locations are all here. You can find more information goggling it since Vince is always eager to provide some information on the Steam community or the ITS forum.

Last edited:

Magnificate

Novice
Yeah, the point is I've already completed the game several times and I've wanted to gear up for the perfect playthrough. However, it would take too much time to map all the branches by myself, thus I can't prepare my XP budget, thus I can't begin.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
If you earned all the achievements and is still curious about what you are missing, go through the dialogue files to find out. You can even make your own thread about these obscure parts later.

Black Angel

Arcane
:necro:
It looks like the requirement to insta-kill the mercenary guarding Gracius during Assassin's starting quest is DEX+CS >= 14. Isn't that a bit too high? Sure the 'minimum' requirement to simply wound him is fine, but still.... a hybrid assassin would most likely have to deal with him in a follow-up combat.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The requirements are Dex 9 or higher and CS 4 or higher. If you have no defense, you can pull it off, otherwise you have to fight.

Black Angel

Arcane
I see. The Dex 9 is fine, I guess. But I still think CS 4 for exactly the first CS check in the whole game for assassin is a bit too high. Probably gonna reroll a better hybrid character.

Parabalus

Arcane
I see. The Dex 9 is fine, I guess. But I still think CS 4 for exactly the first CS check in the whole game for assassin is a bit too high. Probably gonna reroll a better hybrid character.

I think the check is so high to impart upon new players the possibility and acceptability of partial successes, don't think I have every outright killed the guy ever, very unlikely unless you know the precise check even with no defenses on CC.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Or it's an "easter egg" you discover by trying different/ weird/ extreme builds.

It also foreshadows the requirements to cs Antidas outright.

Nearly every hard CS check requires 9 Dex, so it's default for Assassin builds.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Wow, i never heard that you could kill him outright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom