Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy All Codex EU4 MP

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So Krash, are you willing to cut a deal with Muscovite fifth column?

yeye

Augur
I had a chat with RedScum about creating the Netherlands the other day. It's not possible without either save game editing or unpausing. Save game editing would be a big pita. Unpausing would be pretty bad considering we've all probably got decisions that we don't want the ai taking for us. The solution I thought of was to have RedScum join as Burgundy, release Holland and then sell them the provinces he needs over the course of a year. Then he can release his vassal and rejoin as them. This way only his new country would be controlled by the ai for a while. He could also take over Holland right away so he chooses their idea groups, then rejoin as Burgundy to give himself provinces. We could also use Vaarna for this then have him hop in as something else.

Krash

Arcane
State of the world 1560 something:

xggkz5.jpg

PLC STRONK - though still recovering from a stalemate war with Russia and lots of rebels and converting following integration of Lithuania. I'd like to eat some of that Crimea but they're friends with the Ottomans who are really powerful. Making lots of money now. France has collapsed into 4-5 medium powers, Sweden is eating Northern Germany, Netherlands is formed, some minor blobbing in northern Italy. Like noted there was some kind of war between empire and Sweden, though it was quite abortive because holy shit 5 5 5 Swedish general and discipline. Feels like I've waited too long to get assertive, since although I'm really big I'm pretty well boxed in by Ottomans, Russians, Swedes, and to a lesser extent Hungary. And while Sweden and Hungary don't seem hostile for now, the Russians and Ottomans really, really hate me.

Last edited:

Krash

Arcane
Things starting to heat up, though brief, we had the first war with players on both sides.

You're Sweden right? How did the fighting go, did your massive discipline make a difference?

EDIT: did a sneak peak and your general has total pips 18, while the second best in the world is... 5 pips behind. Not touching that before it dies.

Last edited:
Well I was rather outnumbered what with all the minor nations dogpiling on top of each battle, but yes the casualties were rather severe as long as I got non shit tier dice rolls. Though expect no end of god tier generals any time soon, with my ideas and Swedish traditions that's a +2 to shock for every general as an example, on top of gains from tradition.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hungry Hungry Hungary 4: the situation is... good actually?

This time around things started bad and went to... good. For once at least.

Hungarian starting situation was a weak peace with Ottomans after a horrible war, no manpower and almost no money, religious disorder and 12 years of regency ahead while at -1 stability. It went even worse initially as I had a -stab event where I could choose either paying 500 gold I didnt have and 1 stab for 10% tax or just paying 2 stab and getting -10% tax. This got me at -3 stab. Rebellions everywhere, mainly peasants and religious but also several Croatian nationalists. But I endured, raised my stab to 0 and beat rebels - with the help of my Italian ally and some mercenaries that almost bankrupted me. With time my modifiers that gave me around -35% tax (that event and two before including cessation of church function) expired and I even started making money once again. That one was close, closest one I had this game, almost ruined myself there.

Anyway once the situation stabilized a little I invaded Venice and together with Naples we finished them off in two wars. Only one province remains and annexation will soon follow. No real issues here as Naples has a bigger fleet than Venice had and thus with naval supremacy assured we could trap Venetian forces in their capital. Then Ottomans came and defeated those. Good bye Venice we hardly knew ye.

I also used the coalition formed against me to expand into Serbia. I declared war on Salzburg, promptly occupied it and forced it to accept vassalization together with Serbia. This war was very easy too because I have formed a huge alliance spanning the entire continent - Castille, Aragon, UK, Munster, Hesse, Naples, Bavaria. They had no chance.

As far as my internal affairs I concerned I managed to end the religious wars and built a few income buildings - lack of ADM points and gold is stopping me from further investments but I am on a good track to finally making temples in every province. I also got two ADM techs and aim for my third, delayed mightily compared to everyone else, idea group. Not sure which one I will take its a toss between Religious (for conversion) and a military one (Aristocracy, Quality even Quantity come to mind).

Now lets get to the more interesting point: the diplomatic situation is getting hot and Northern Germany is slowly becoming a barrel of gunpowder. Sweden and Bavaria have clashed once in the area and I feel it will happen again. Considering that Poland also has a strategic interest there it may lead to something big. Down south Italy has almost formed and Naples only needs to annex Milan. Will they then turn north towards HRE or south towards Africa remains to be seen. Bavaria must feel threatened and surrounded right now, with all players on the edges on the empire and hostile to the very idea of it. Now we also have Netherlands who will likely continue gathering Dutch lands and expanding into HRE from the west. Poland isnt as boxed as it may say - while expanding east is dangerous and hard there is still space west. I had no quarrels with them for the whole game, our border was mutually agreed on and dont see myself being at war with Poland any time soon.

I have dissolved my alliance with Sweden which was a rather big situation change overall I think. While our relations remain cordial I fear maintaining it would force me to pick between Sweden and Bavaria and threaten Poland. We will have to discuss the situation next session as definitely having Swedish steel on my side would help immensely.

yeye

Augur
I get that Sweden wants the HRE's Baltic provinces and that would have been ok with me, but expanding into Brandenburg and Thuringia I couldn't just ignore. The war would've happened sooner but he got lucky that when I accepted Brandenburg's CTA I was already at war with someone who would have been my ally there.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh what the fuck how come I have income same as Netherlands and Naples while being like four times bigger. Great balancing of provinces Paradox.

Anyway what about Wednesday guys? Like last week.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh what the fuck how come I have income same as Netherlands and Naples while being like four times bigger. Great balancing of provinces Paradox.

Anyway what about Wednesday guys? Like last week.
Netherlands in EU is like Denmark in CK2, the most prepostrously overwealthy region in the whole world.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is called TRADE!!!! I control the 2 biggest trading hubs outside of Constantinople with full trade idea. I am a wealthy beast and i deserve it.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Naples is growing. For the first time i did not have massive doom stacks of rebels crawling out of my ass and every war was not started with me losings my army and then trying to get every loan for some mercs.

It is looking up. I am using a lot of time and money on expanding my infrastructure in my richest provinces and also expanding my trade empire. That now reaches from Constantinople up to newly conquered Venice and Genoa. My land is small, but i am gaining power and strength by every turn and soon i think it is time to show the Muslims some Napalness love. After all with the Protestant DOGS the catholic church need new lands.

Oh and Aragorn is allied with Great britian so there is no well in hell i am getting my southern land back any time soon.
A4765C6733ED806390FEFAB3347C5F9483CF83CD

It is called TRADE!!!! I control the 2 biggest trading hubs outside of Constantinople with full trade idea. I am a wealthy beast and i deserve it.
I had to load up the save to check, but your trade hubs are dirt poor compared to glorious master race baltic region and Sevilla which is crazy rich from colonial trade which has begun to flow in there.

Any way Wednesday is good.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nope half the Mediterranean trade ends in Venice - its an end node. He can steer all of the trade there if he wants to. No sharing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom