Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy All Codex EU4 MP

Mighty England transformed into GB and started it's colonial ventures, while trying to help in the last battles against the ottomans. Very good session, only one who did not enjoy it seems to be the jew.

Eh, really can't play at 3 speed. I don't wanna catch myself alt-tabbing 80% of the time.

Plus. game is now leaving the 'war every 2 years' period and entering the 'lul too many big states for constant war'.

Krash

Arcane
I'm up for Sunday. We need one or more replacements for Jew, if anyone's interested. His country Burgundy's probably strongest of the lot atm, though religious unrest + peasant war + overextension + some nasty Netherland event at the same time did a number on it. I fear it might turn into France+low countries eventually, and we know how poor those places are. AI Castille's in an all right position too, though they'll have to fight Portugal for granada (yes portugal snatched it, hillarious).

My dear Poland can (and eventually will) into space, got good military ideas and finally some manpower. I've chosen to go for defensive cause I'm a coward and offensive because monster blob plz. Religious will be nice for relations and converting eventual orthodox, sunni and protestant future conquests.
Just waiting for Marieburg to fall into my hands so I can form PLC! :love:

Hoping for maybe a player war or two next session so we get to really sweat. Since there are less and less minors to eat off I think it might come soon. There are already areas of contention such as baltic trade, HRE nomming and maybe northern Italy? Exciting, stay tuned. And oh god that monster AI ottomans! So happy not to have them as neighbors oh wait I do!

From now on I think we'll try to stick to speed 3, unless in a critical situation.

yeye

Augur
speed 3 is too fast for me either my pc or my connection doesn't seem to handle it well in mp.

i forgot to save at the end, anyone feel like uploading a save?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hungry Hungry Hungary 3: the taste of salty fish.

This session started with me not being in problems for once - with a stable country and up to par with technology, even with some small manpower reserve. I used this opportunity to crush Venice and remove them from the pool of important nations.

First Venetian war was me and Naples against Venice and a coalition of small German and Italian minors. I beat their armies in the field but Naples bled out and started calling for peace very soon - having some internal issues and no manpower. This is why despite having won a victory and now only having to siege my enemies I had to peace out for only two provinces, Naples didnt get anything as it has not actually sieged anything. I say it was a huge waste of an opportunity to finally eliminate Venice and its allies and perhaps even unite Italy.

Second war came as soon as I was able to redeclare war, this time I didnt rely on any help from my allies and didnt even call them in. I single-handedly beat Venice and its allies taking this time three provinces - two in Dalmatian coast and one in Bohemia. This war wasnt hard and I'm pretty sure that if Naples joined we could finally partition Venice. Unfortunately Naples had huge issues with a massive Urbinese revolt forcing it to take 12 (!!) loans to hire mercenaries - once again Naples was in no position to fight.

After the second war a huge coalition of German minors and Serbia formed against me, unfortunately it was aided by the Ottoman Empire that soon declared war on me. This was the toughest war up to date due to overwhelming Ottoman forces pouring endlessly from the south and beating me and my allies even on the offence when outnumbered 2 to 1. Ultimately I only managed to stall for long enough to get out of the war with a concession of defeat. It wouldnt be so easy if the AI knew how to properly siege war goals. At the same time a coalition with Venice also declared war on me but it was easily beat once the Ottoman threat has passed. Mantua also wanted to get in the action and declared war on Naples but that ended badly as they were able to finally expand.

Ultimately however my position at the end of the session is way worse than at the beginning. My gold reserves have been depleted and spent on mercenaries, my good 4-4-4 king died leaving a stupid regency with 5 in useless for me diplo, my manpower is gone again and my religious untiy has never been lower - reformation continues hitting me very hard. I have also dropped to -1 stability due to some random events and my king dying unexpectedly. I am slowly bleeding money too due to cessation of church functions event and negative stability.

Honestly I am not sure if I'll ever feel "powerful" at the rate this goes.

I'm up for Sunday. We need one or more replacements for Jew, if anyone's interested. His country Burgundy's probably strongest of the lot atm, though religious unrest + peasant war + overextension + some nasty Netherland event at the same time did a number on it. I fear it might turn into France+low countries eventually, and we know how poor those places are. AI Castille's in an all right position too, though they'll have to fight Portugal for granada (yes portugal snatched it, hillarious).

I dealt with all those, everything is back up. Only issue is the 500 core cost for paris, which remains uncored.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If Jews is out we should leave Burgundy to the AI and perhaps drop England and ask Redscum to change nation. This way we could go back to the initial idea of medium powers for players.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
But but mah colonies.. Wich nation should i take then? Was thinking about something in the netherlands/flanders region, but burgundy owns pretty much everything there i guess.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But but mah colonies.. Wich nation should i take then? Was thinking about something in the netherlands/flanders region, but burgundy owns pretty much everything there i guess.

Aragon is alive and kicking, not in PU and Castille isnt the strongest. Could be fun. Also Muscovy could be salvaged and there a few playable nations in HRE - it all blobbed nicely. Finally we could ask Mistakes to release a dutch nation for you and you could play that.

...but ...but with out England who is gonna help me genocide the Russians?
I can pick Muscovy and provide highly (in)competent fifth column assistence in return for certain... Concessions.
So almost like some sort of Bolshevist revolution bringing down the Russian empire from with in? Thank you merchant, you are my greatest ally.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Krash

Arcane
A horde would certainly be a sweet addition

And redscum, if you want to play Netherlands all you have to do is choose Burgundy and release, right?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A horde at this point in time would be an exercise in frustration. Every single enemy west of you would be higher tech more ideas and better units than you and you would lose the early advantage hordes have. A war with, for example, player led nation or OE would be extremely one sided and devastating.

Hordes are only playable right from the first start date. You have a window of maybe 50 years to propel yourself forward enough to stay competitive.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Krash Yeah, since you now can just release a vassal and choose to play with it. Problem is i'll still be a vassal ''/

Our host could just load the save, release Netherlands, tag switch to Burgundy, free Netherlands, save and put this save for our game without even unpausing the game.

Krash

Arcane
Np I'll fix it. You'll get a lot of naval fun vs pretty much all the big colonizers, like the GB you set up yourself. :D

So, time for next game is 20:00 GMT+1 Sunday. Be a little early, at least 15 min so we can discuss a bit and set up the game. I might be a min or two late since I have business to attend to out of town.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
A horde would certainly be a sweet addition
MaOwxy7.png

Is joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom