Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Gregz

Arcane

This looks...a lot better than what they had before, maybe they actually did a redesign based on fan feedback like they claim?

:here's hoping: + :cautiously optimistic:

Misconnected

Savant
I'd pay for that L4D clone. But I'd rather see an Alien multiplayer game where the players are the real enemies.

Take the "Flush it out the airlock" plan in the first film. Make it an objective that requires at least a handful of people working together. Then complicate it by giving one of those players the "Bring it back alive, all other objectives secondary" objective. And sprinkle a bit of awesome fuckery on top in the form of an Alien that will strike more or less at random against the players, and make it the kind of Alien from the first film. You know, the kind where the only way to win is to run faster than the other guy.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'd pay for that L4D clone

[snip]

and make it the kind of Alien from the first film. You know, the kind where the only way to win is to run faster than the other guy.

Which is a good idea that I never considered before. Speaking of clones, I actually think an "Amnesia: TDD" Alien clone would be kind of awesome too. Make it like the first film where you are stuck in a ship with no weapons, so the objectives involve running away, trying to out smart it, and shitting yourself in fear. Maybe add a few puzzles here and there there too, with the ultimate objective being finding some way to kill the alien.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wherever I clicked in that video I only saw some morons dressed like hipsters talking about how awesome they are. I literally clicked in 5 random places and there were hipsters talking on the screen.
I thought it was about the game?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I hate modern gaming. Instead of trailers showing us a game, we get goddamn mtv documentaries with more ugly faces of fuckers who make 3 textures for one weapon. I don't care about them, I don't care what they think and "why did they decide to do that" or "how did they do that" with maybe 10 seconds of actual gaming footage. I don't want to see them, I don't want to know them, I want to see a goddamn game trailer, not some fucking diary.

Look at these scenes with 10 shots of one guy making retarded smiles. God.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I hate modern gaming. Instead of trailers showing us a game, we get goddamn mtv documentaries with more ugly faces of fuckers who make 3 textures for one weapon. I don't care about them, I don't care what they think and "why did they decide to do that" or "how did they do that" with maybe 10 seconds of actual gaming footage. I don't want to see them, I don't want to know them, I want to see a goddamn game trailer, not some fucking diary.

Look at these scenes with 10 shots of one guy making retarded smiles. God.

This.

Don Peste

Arcane
I'd pay for that L4D clone. But I'd rather see an Alien multiplayer game where the players are the real enemies.

Take the "Flush it out the airlock" plan in the first film. Make it an objective that requires at least a handful of people working together. Then complicate it by giving one of those players the "Bring it back alive, all other objectives secondary" objective. And sprinkle a bit of awesome fuckery on top in the form of an Alien that will strike more or less at random against the players, and make it the kind of Alien from the first film. You know, the kind where the only way to win is to run faster than the other guy.

Enjoy!

Suchy

Arcane
Eh, looks extremely banalshitboring. Of course it has slow aliens, how else could you aim with a controller? Of course it has low FoV and everything looks like on constant zoom, but you're supposed to play it on a TV, 3 meters away. Dialogues are cheezy as fuck, but so was Aliens movie.
I'll stay away from it.

A user named cat

2j4vqdj.jpg

Flanged

Scholar
Skip to 3:17....look at that clown.

Jesus, it's like a Mega 64 parody video. The guy at 3.07 looks and moves more like a Xenomorph than the ones in the game. Their office is clearly situated in the city from Mirror's Edge FFS.

I had heard of the decline, but I had not before seen the decline embodied so thoroughly as in this game and it's creators.

Just look at the mingun gameplay in the OP video. Holy shit.

MapMan

Arcane
Jesus fuck. Am I the only one who gets fucking nauseated when I see Randy "fucking douchebag" pitchfork (or whatever)? That guy is such a fucking prick I want to punch him in the face.

Flanged

Scholar
It's not just you MapMan. Great minds think alike. was so unreasonably enraged by this video and the decline it drips that I felt the need to pay it tribute.

Marsal

Arcane
Did you make that, Flanged? Nicely done! First view and a thumbs up from me. And I didn't even have this thread watched. It's like destiny :lol:

That M&B mod looks nasty. Did you finish it (I'm not really in the loop)?

Flanged

Scholar
Did you make that, Flanged? Nicely done! First view and a thumbs up from me. And I didn't even have this thread watched. It's like destiny :lol:

That M&B mod looks nasty. Did you finish it (I'm not really in the loop)?

Haven't ever fully finished it, if you mean GoG - kind of finished the dismemberment thing, mainly as a modder's resource though.

Had to make that video man, Colonial Marines looks fuckawful yet Gearbox look so smug. Raging here. But check the one Don Peste posted if you want your mind truly blown! It's Prosperous in the extreme.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Flanged :lol:

The Alien franchise is total shit, just like any other "franchise". The first movie was not even good by itself (unwatchable today), but more in what possibilities it implied and the beauty of Giger's design. The implications it had were never realized in any movie or game, sadly.

The only hope for survival horror is in small indie studios. Frictional are the only ones.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Someone shoot asper.

To me, this game is DNF all over again, except at least a decade of anticipation is cut out.

The game looks beautiful, sounds just like the film and will feature areas that take you to Hadley's Hope. The problem? It's all done to shove a lame-ass, me-too cloned FPS with achievements down our throats. I'd rather have a facehugger than the gameplay they're attaching to this.

Monk

Arcane
Probably should have made it a single-player adventure with sneak, puzzle, and shooting situations, where you get to play different roles (civilian and marine) in events similar to those from the first three films (alien on board science vessel, pod crash lands on planet with mining colony and prison, marines with corporation reps sent to investigate).

Flanged

Scholar
f27mo.jpg

Utterly disgusting. Beneath contempt and beyond forgiveness.

Double Kill! Points popping out of Xenomorph heads when you shoot them! This is supposed to be horror?

Truly can it be said of Gearbox: "They live among men no worse than themselves, so that disgrace is made a habit."

Flanged :lol:

The Alien franchise is total shit, just like any other "franchise". The first movie was not even good by itself (unwatchable today)

Controversial! Edgy, even. And yet you're right that there's no such thing as a good franchise. Aliens was a great movie though, and Alien is still a powerful film. Even Alien 3 had a couple of good ideas and some (sadly wasted) potential. But the "franchise" should only ever have consisted of the first two films and nothing else.

I don't get how people are saying this game sounds like the movies, btw, even if it is using the original, official sounds. Listen to those guns in the vids! I don't know what's gone wrong in the mix but they have all the power and realism of electric egg-whisks. And the way the minigun looks and moves in-game is comical, I mean c'mon!

Ach, forgot you can't use imageshack here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom