Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien: Isolation

Caim

Arcane
And what he did to get that number. Let alone retain it is one of the great mysteries of the digital age for me.
Making faces at a camera while playing scary games. Laughing at someone being scared is an easy and low-brow pasttime.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
*watches video*

THAT is one of YouTube's greatest gaming personalities?

Fuck, I can do better than that.

As for the game - While I am feeling much better about this game now that I see it in action, there are lots of little things nagging at me. The feet look kinda silly when they move, that's the only game-related issue I have. Everything else is lore-related, like how the station looks almost EXACTLY like the rig that the Nostromo was hauling in the Alien film.
Yep, the one and only. He is a phenomenon. Nobody knows how an awful show can be Youtube's greatest gaming hit.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Wow, I think both of those previews made me less likely to buy the game.

It makes it seem like a puzzle game. Go here, do this, die. Go back, do that instead, die. Go back, try something else, survive to go to the next puzzle which will kill you the first time you try it.

Looks kind of annoying.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Wow, I think both of those previews made me less likely to buy the game.

It makes it seem like a puzzle game. Go here, do this, die. Go back, do that instead, die. Go back, try something else, survive to go to the next puzzle which will kill you the first time you try it.

Looks kind of annoying.

The more people get to play it, the more they will see it for what it is.

Gregz

Arcane

You just described Dark Souls, which is apparently quite popular around here.

Psquit

Arcane
There's always mindless shit like DOOM for people like you.

df1.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So far Alien: Isolation has done nothing for me except show me that they REALLY went the distance in recreating the Nostromo and similar environments. That places the game on a level with Gone Home, which features an awesome level layout.

It also has jump scares and an invincible antagonist that can, at best, be driven back. That places the game on a level with Amnesia, which I found to be dull to play, frankly.

Will it do better than that? Can it do better than that? For $15 more people get the Nostromo scenario which re-enacts the source film directly, that's a plus at too great a cost.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Don't need to further go on, the game already proved enough quality to spike my interest. You know, this isn't like DOOM where you already figured everything out in advance before you even have played it. Where's the fun in that?

So, you have absolutely no clue what you expect from the game, and this fuels your excitement for it.

Who am I to judge. Perhaps you're at a point in your life where you really need to be excited about something in order to keep ticking.

So be it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This man is lying about DOOM. DOOM for christ sakes. Is there no justice to be had anymore? Is nothing sacred?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom