Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AGP::Epica

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
http://store.steampowered.com/app/398120/

This looks like it could be good-

About This Game
Marked for death by the Imperial Corporation™, you have been marooned on a desolate planet in the Attria Prime system. Fight to survive the inhospitable frontier in a post-earth dystopia. AGP::Epica is tactical, open world RPG intended for advanced players seeking a challenge.
Key Features:
Open class system

Experience limitless freedom in character creation as you customize your character with up to 216 skills from a variety of skill trees.
  • Eliminate enemies with rifle, shotgun, stealth, cover and grenade skills from the Assault class tree
  • Infiltrate the networks of your adversaries - or reign down orbital and electrical attacks with Cybermage skills
  • Build an army and command it with the Commander orders and summons
  • Craft your way to victory using Engineer skills
More skills and skill trees coming soon...

Open World Exploration

Select your starting world and venture forth from there to establish yourself in the Attria Prime system.
Craft or steal a capital ship and roam the planets
Attria Prime - The only source of water in the system. Printing of water carries heavy royalties to the patent holder - The Imperial Corporation™
Pulverem - A rocky world in the process of being terrarformed
Pendrith - A remote world inhabited by drifters, arms merchants and raiders
Ulterius - Mystery and darkness surround this rogue planet with an orbit of nearly 60 AU - it is said to be home to the Sabbot Ministries, a theocratic death cult who make the finest weapons in the system

Random Quest Generator

Engage in uninterrupted gameplay flow for as long as you want.
  • Enable Explore Mode to disable random missions from occuring and explore the vast open worlds in the Attria Prime system
  • Enable Mission Mode and start random quest as you explore
  • Let me hold that for you - let the Loot Broker accumulate your mission rewards and collect them when you're done

Combat

Fight your way through unending waves of enemies.
  • Advanced lethality system picks up where most games drop off - one shot, one kill Lethality based combat
  • No hit points - strike enemies in vulnerable areas instead of spending hours grinding down a health bar
  • Watch your back - Advanced AI units coordinate together to flank, suppress and destroy the players without mercy

Dynamic Factions

As a former soldier of the Imperial Corporation now marked for death, you and your friends must form your own faction.

• Gain reputation and favor or hatred and loathing with the factions by doing missions - but beware! Betrayal is always around the corner
  • Assign quarters in your capital ships and decorate your living quarters
Crafting

Build a name for you and your clan.
  • Craft buildings to capital ship with your accumulated wealth
  • Modify items to have additional effects or abilities
  • Trade in real world materials and isotopes using the Materia Practicum crafting system
  • Power your vehicles with anti-matter or fusion technology

Materia_Steam.jpg

Aothan

Magister
preliminary footage does indeed look like it could be a fun game, however as always time will tell, nonetheless something to be aware of

ArchAngel

Arcane
The video showed very little of the gameplay and what is showed had sub 30 fps.

kris

Arcane
Reading the description is surerly didn't expect a FPS. It has plenty of features listed, but right now all we seen is "shooting"

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It doesn't even look bad, but how far into development can this be? These Early Access schmucks get their stuff out earlier and earlier, all you have to do these days is make a prototype (which can be done in a few months) and then start procrastinating away, while idiots on Steam buy your shit for 24.99$, giving you a comfortable income for the next 5 years.

AGP::Epica has been designed as a solid platform to house a robust character creation system, open skill system and dynamic quest system - all in an open world for the players to explore while facing an onslaught of enemies and challenges.

While that underlying system has been mostly established [armour is missing], the content to fill that foundation still requires development, testing and optimization.

At this point of the development process, multiplayer testing of the existing features is required as as well as community feedback as each new quest, skill, weapon, world and vehicle gets added.

They have only a barebones engine

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

At least 1-2 years.

Which could be off by 200-300% so expect a full release around 2020-2022

AGP Studios

Barely Literate
Hey folks, Dev here. I've been busy crafting the game... anyway, first off, it's out now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/398120/

Second
The video showed very little of the gameplay and what is showed had sub 30 fps.
Yeah, I upgraded my video card, dealt with a few things that were catching the framerate, particularly a burning barrel, which ate FPS as firewood. I have no cinematics, so WYSIWYG.

They expect to make a game in under a month? I call vaporware.
Not vaporware.

Reading the description is surerly didn't expect a FPS. It has plenty of features listed, but right now all we seen is "shooting"
I'm really looking to expand out the variety of gameplay. I'm 1 person, so I have to focus my attention to what's needed. Right now I have a bit of time blocked off for just responding to the customer base and listening to what people want. What we do have is a robust system that I, as a single developer, can add to very easily. In no particular order the things I've got on backburner right now are: capital ships (player base and planetary travel), melee combat and I really want to add a "throw" skill somewhere in the skill tree, like kunai or shurikens....

It doesn't even look bad, but how far into development can this be? These Early Access schmucks get their stuff out earlier and earlier, all you have to do these days is make a prototype (which can be done in a few months) and then start procrastinating away, while idiots on Steam buy your shit for 24.99$, giving you a comfortable income for the next 5 years.

AGP::Epica has been designed as a solid platform to house a robust character creation system, open skill system and dynamic quest system - all in an open world for the players to explore while facing an onslaught of enemies and challenges.

While that underlying system has been mostly established [armour is missing], the content to fill that foundation still requires development, testing and optimization.

At this point of the development process, multiplayer testing of the existing features is required as as well as community feedback as each new quest, skill, weapon, world and vehicle gets added.

They have only a barebones engine

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

At least 1-2 years.

Which could be off by 200-300% so expect a full release around 2020-2022

<3

Mustawd

Crooked Bee can we get a dev tag for AGP studios? Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom