Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Wolfe

Arbiter
So i was doing The package mission and...

The thugs gave me the name of the youth and told me i can find him in the palace district, but i must be blind or something because i can´t see him and i can´t ask anybody for him...

I had the same problem, couldn't find him at first but some time later when I returned to that area he was in one of the mansions on the left side as you enter from the Trade area.

TheScarecrow

Educated
Thank you, i went to another place, then return to Maadoran and there he was.

Another question:

I know you can increase your strenght and dextery but... can you increase your perception?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, need help

Praetor. I'm in Ganezzar now. I want Antidas to side with Aurelian or Meru, but have not enough to pass trading skill check (I believe I need +1 to the skill, but I have 14/15 available SP:P. So I need 1 extra SP, but I have no idea where to get it. Can't complete arena, can't complete slums fedex quest, can't investigate the ark (and all of the other ruins), can't save Elias... and that's about all of my quests in journal.

Can I net one single SP or do I have to stick with zealots?

AngryKobold

Arcane
Bros, need help

Praetor. I'm in Ganezzar now. I want Antidas to side with Aurelian or Meru, but have not enough to pass trading skill check (I believe I need +1 to the skill, but I have 14/15 available SP:P. So I need 1 extra SP, but I have no idea where to get it. Can't complete arena, can't complete slums fedex quest, can't investigate the ark (and all of the other ruins), can't save Elias... and that's about all of my quests in journal.

What about HEX EDITOR? Because it's well known the playthrough is going to be just as pleasant as the method of save editing.

Tick Tock Crocodile

Is there any non-combat way to get past Hermon in the Slums without paying him? I feel like there must be.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There are only alternatives in slums for all thugs and bums (3 in total?) if you are with the 40 Thieves Guild.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait, i read on forum that to get quest for Zamedi and to be able to enter it you need join house Aurelian. I did join, no (zero) options in dialogue with galleus.
To get inside you mean? As in through the red door?

You need the heart of a "demon". Yes, going through the Aurelian Praetor quest chain will get you a quest to go inside and give you a free heart, but there is another way. You get the quest before he sends you to Gazenaar, after the Ordu stuff (may depend on how well you do there). Though, as you can't enter the library, it sounds like you aren't actually fully working for Gaelius. You have to pledge yourself to him when you first meet, not just say you'll think about keeping him up-to-date on The Temple situation, and if you're already aligned to some factions (Merchants I know, I imagine IG would be the same) he won't accept.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Here is a starting tip for assassins - when on the assassinate mission in Teron (Carrinas) you get 2 options - jump out with a rope or stay and disguise yourself as a merchant.

If you stay (successful disguise check 4), you can instakill a heavy imperial guard trooper. In the next fight you will face only 3 imperials instead of 4 :)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Bros, need help

What training have you received throughout the game? Like, Cassius/Feng, Erebus, the thief girl can all give you a couple of points in certain skills, or if you have surpassed them you just get a bunch of civil-skillpoints.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is that 4.0 lbs from melting down Darius' armor? I got 3.4 from Darius armor and there might be some in the raiders' cache in his tomb.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Where can I get more blue steel? I only managed to find 4.0 lb in my current Assassin playthrough, I need 1 lb more to forge a Scimitar
Arena champ has BS armor/helm/weapon, melt it down. Ganezzer arena challengers probably have some as well, but I don't recall. Maadoran market sells some BS items as the "something special". Ganezzer blacksmith sells some. Hellgate has some in the chests near the spear. Down the well, high perception can spot it in the rubble + 4 lockpick to get some from chest. My crafting character managed to make a full set of blue steel gear (20 armor, 5 wep, 7 helm IIRC), which he used until he upgraded to meteorite with pretty much nothing left to fight :lol: .

Vault Dweller, does the game adjust the amount of skill points you receive from certain situations based on past skill points received, to keep the total amount fixed?

I have noticed that the amount of skill points I receive can play +/- 1 based on the order I do quests but the absolute total always stays the same. For example, here are the same 6 steps done in different orders:

Playing a non-combatant loremaster,
After I got the bandits to raid the mining outpost, fixed the smelter and showed the map to Antidas;

1. Convince Antidas to kill Carrinas without evidence (5 sp)
2. Report to Linos (19 sp)
3. Convince Mercato to join Antidas, report to Antidas, report to Linos (20 + 20 sp)
4. Intimidate Cassius into leaving, report to Feng and receive training (2 + 15 sp)
5. Gift the ring to Antidas (3 + 1 sp)
6. Receive training from Cassius (15 sp)
TOTAL: 100

1. Intimidate Cassius into leaving, report to Feng and receive training (2 + 15 sp)
2. Receive training from Cassius (15 sp)
3. Convince Antidas to kill Carrinas without evidence (5 sp)
4. Report to Linos (20 sp)
5. Convince Mercato to join Antidas, report to Antidas, report to Linos (19 + 20 sp)
6. Gift the ring to Antidas (3 + 1 sp)

1. Intimidate Cassius into leaving, report to Feng and receive training (2 + 15 sp)
2. Convince Antidas to kill Carrinas without evidence (5 sp)
3. Report to Linos (20 sp)
4. Gift the ring to Antidas (2 + 1 sp)
5. Convince Mercato to join Antidas, report to Antidas, report to Linos (20 + 20 sp)
6. Receive training from Cassius (15 sp)

And no matter what I do, I just can't seem to get all three of them at max to total 101. House reputations didn't seem to factor into it either. I tried so many variations to see if they would.

I discovered this accidentally after a game crash and having to retrace my progress and became obsessed with it.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What training have you received throughout the game? Like, Cassius/Feng, Erebus, the thief girl can all give you a couple of points in certain skills, or if you have surpassed them you just get a bunch of civil-skillpoints.
I had Cassius training and lore training from Feng's notes. Do not remember anything more than that. Thief girl?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
If you started with the thieves guild in Teron the girl who tries to con/rob you close to cados tavern will give you some training. You can also get trained by Dellar, though he doesn't give you skillpoints directly but +5 swords/block/something I cannot remember anymore. Breaking into the blacksmiths place gets you like +1 crafting up until a certain point or 10SP, similar to the lore-stuff in Fengs place. Breaking into the palace in teron in a certain way will also get you +1 etiquette or a couple of points. The 2nd in command jew in teron also trains you, though I think the door only opens if you actually have done the first quest for the commercium there and have accepted the second quest.

Gaelius loremaster will train you in a couple of things once you have a decently high Aurelius reputation, something like 10 or 15+. Those are the ones I know off, but I'm fairly certain there is more than that.

edit: I seem to remember Fengs place actually has +lore and +lockpick, though I didn't get the +lockpick on my latest playthroughs (all with a loremaster background). They either changed that one, or you only get it if you are specifically NOT a loremaster and genuinely break into his place.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lockpick bonus in Feng's place is hard to "click", you need to examine some little boxes at corner in his room. But them boxes are too close with lore writings so its easy to miss that one.

Joora

Novice
I seem to remember Fengs place actually has +lore and +lockpick, though I didn't get the +lockpick on my latest playthroughs (all with a loremaster background). They either changed that one, or you only get it if you are specifically NOT a loremaster and genuinely break into his place.
No breaking in required, just perception 8.

Mozg

Arcane
Yes, for given values of winning

Pretty much all the starting characters could speedrun to an ending in about 5 minutes realtime.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Help me with two questions guys:

- Can you make it in the room under the well in Madoraan slums without 12 DEX+CON ? Like using a breather or increasing one of the stats?

- Can you get the power armor in a non-violent way, playing a pacifist?

Mozg

Arcane
You can get the power armor non-violently, and it can let you pass the well check by raising your dexterity up to 3 (with 3 power tubes installed in it) in one of the modes (Horus?)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Arena champ has BS armor/helm/weapon, melt it down. Ganezzer arena challengers probably have some as well, but I don't recall. Maadoran market sells some BS items as the "something special". Ganezzer blacksmith sells some. Hellgate has some in the chests near the spear. Down the well, high perception can spot it in the rubble + 4 lockpick to get some from chest. My crafting character managed to make a full set of blue steel gear (20 armor, 5 wep, 7 helm IIRC), which he used until he upgraded to meteorite with pretty much nothing left to fight :lol: .

Also, there's a blue steel hamdar down in the dead river. My last character crafted heavy metal armour and multiple spears, so I'm pretty sure there's plenty of blue steel to go around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom