Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Decadence January Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/458604254446358983/

January Update Changelog
Improvements

- You can now buy barbari and numeri armors and helmets schematics in the exotic emporium.
- Expanded the temple interior, with new interactions needed to reach the chamber.
- Added ambushes for extremely low reputation with factions.
- Added Cyrus in the MDN AG building, with training and a small insight on his relationship with the guild.
- Improved endings flow.
- Added a new ending sequence for "Chosen One" characters.
- Improved engine performance and stability.

Fixes:

- Fixed infinite training from CT trainers.
- Widowmaker has proper portrait.
- Fixed description of axe and critical strike skills.
- Fixed issues with reporting to Senna after betraying Glabrio in TG9.
- Fixed issue with men ending playing when killed Agathoth for Balzaar using the reactor.
- Fixed issue with not being able to leave Al-Akia if you destroyed Maadoran.
- Fixed issue with Darista not giving SP after AG9.
- Fixed passability in temple exterior.
- Fixed issue when returning to Inferiae and Azra speaking from beyond the grave.
- Fixed lack of combat SP in TG ambush fight.
- Fixed Zamedi demon not leaving the tower when you gave him the ring and escaped.
- Fixed issue with Cyrus not leaving after you betray Levir to Gaelius, allowing you to do TG6 after working with Gaelius.
- Fixed several inconsistencies regarding mentions to dead people.
- Added some missing SP.
- You no longer get the "arena champion" ending after the temple if Maadoran was destroyed.
- Basil and arena challengers notifications no longer appear if Maadoran was destroyed.

Changes:

- Ganezzar arena heals stats as well.
- You can now charge the respirators via interaction.
- You can reinforce barbari and numeri armors.
- Acid, liquid fire and bomb prices lower.
- Tweaked hardened leather icon shape.
- Added combat SP for killing Zamedi Guardian.
- Increased The Arch event SP.

Combat Balance:

- Lowered max damage of bombs.
- Agathoth body DR +1, shield DR -2 (8/8 now, 7/10 before).
- Agathoth strength reduced by 1.
- Agathoth hand attack damage reduced a bit, increased CS chance by 10.
- Tweaked arena challengers.
- Decreased dodge CA passive chance, increased block full block chance.
- Lowered spears hardness, increased other bonuses (THC/Passive).
- Reduced DR of leather armors, increased hardness.
- Tweaked stats of metal armors.
- Improved stats and equipment of Ganezzar arena characters.

Urbanolo

Augur
The Chosen One ending addition is GREAT, even if a bit rough around the edges (I posted some issues in the bugs thread). Goddamn, I'm even more excited for the upcoming updates :bounce:.

Also if possible, can you add more critical strike dialogue options in further updates. The most satisfying of all checks.

Oh and the patch notes don't say that, but the '20 different death screens' achievement was changed.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yes, we fixed a critical issue with slides. We are now working on the next update, which will include more thieving options. If you liked going around inns stealing stuff, you will have your chance ;)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yes, we fixed a critical issue with slides. We are now working on the next update, which will include more thieving options. If you liked going around inns stealing stuff, you will have your chance ;)

You deserve all dem fists.

Also, the log mentions "missing SP". How did you handle the Carrinas thing?

Killing Carrinas in combat as Daratan Praetor after failing the speech check. That was yielding no SP upon returning to Dellar, as opposed to the usual 20 on the "normal" route of luring him to the Inn. So I reported it as a bug, yet unsure that it actually was a bug. How did you solve the issue? Same XP as luring him to the inn, less xp or still no XP because killing him in his office means you "failed"?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
You deserve all dem fists.

Also, the log mentions "missing SP". How did you handle the Carrinas thing?

Killing Carrinas in combat as Daratan Praetor after failing the speech check. That was yielding no SP upon returning to Dellar, as opposed to the usual 20 on the "normal" route of luring him to the Inn. So I reported it as a bug, yet unsure that it actually was a bug. How did you solve the issue? Same XP as luring him to the inn, less xp or still no XP because killing him in his office means you "failed"?

Less SP. You get 15 in that case (plus 4 combat SP from the fight itself).

Lexxx20

Learned
Sooo. What's with the 20 Death Screens achievement? What was it changed to?

Nevermind, I can see it now. 300 kills in one game. Damn, that's gonna be tough!

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Elhoim how many more updates till you're done with the game? I would like to save my next few replays for when it's all done.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elhoim how many more updates till you're done with the game? I would like to save my next few replays for when it's all done.

Hard to say. Next one will continue improving the ending, plus we are adding lots of thieving opportunities. At least two more in the closest future, but we'll probably revisit it once we release the combat game porting some improvements.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What was the update that went through today? It was 37~ megs. I decided not to go with the test build, so I'm waiting for the expanded endings and content before I play again.

Lexxx20

Learned
Vince promised to change the achievement to 200 kills on Steam boards. Totally rational decision, I support this.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I am wearing a steel imperial armor with 12DR, but every time a low life scum targets my legs the armor absorbs between 7-8 damage points.
Was it always like this? I am trying to make a no dodge/block character and these fuckers keep nicking my legs every fucking turn.

Urbanolo

Augur
I am wearing a steel imperial armor with 12DR, but every time a low life scum targets my legs the armor absorbs between 7-8 damage points.
Was it always like this? I am trying to make a no dodge/block character and these fuckers keep nicking my legs every fucking turn.

AFAIK aimed hit to the legs and arms always do at least 1 hp damage.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's up with this update on GOG? I don't think we have it there yet.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The update was released as beta (not sure if GoG offers such an option). It was switched to default only recently and we uploaded a new build to GoG yesterday. I assume it will be available later on today or tomorrow, after GoG's QA clears it.

kryminator

Augur
I just tried that update from GOG and it crashed::negative:
The Age of Decadence patch log
Update from version 2.3.0.4 to 2.4.0.5

Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\edgeaa\gl\edgeAAV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\edgeaa\gl\edgeDetectP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\vignette\gl\VignetteP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\vignette\VignetteP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\oculusvr\gl\barrelDistortionChromaP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\oculusvr\gl\barrelDistortionP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\oculusvr\gl\monoToStereoP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\oculusvr\barrelDistortionChromaP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\oculusvr\monoToStereoP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\oculusvr\barrelDistortionP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\bloomGaussBlurVP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\downScale4x4V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\sampleLumIterativeP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\finalPassCombineP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\brightPassFilterP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\calculateAdaptedLumP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\luminanceVisP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\edgeaa\gl\edgeAAP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\edgeaa\gl\dbgEdgeDisplayP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\underwaterFogP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\glowBlurV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_Gausian_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_DownSample_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_Passthrough_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_CalcCoC_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_SmallBlur_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_Final_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\fxaa\gl\fxaaV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\fxaa\gl\fxaaP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\downScale4x4P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\motionBlurP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\glowBlurP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\chromaticLens.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\postFX.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\fogP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\flashP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\gammaP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\postFxV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\passthruP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\gl\turbulenceP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_CalcCoC_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\bloomGaussBlurHP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\ssao\gl\SSAO_PowerTable_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\gl\texRibbonShaderV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\texRibbonShaderP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\basicRibbonShaderV.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\basicRibbonShaderP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\texRibbonShaderV.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\core\scripts\client\postFx\textures\caustics_1.png
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\core\scripts\client\postFx\textures\caustics_2.png
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\gl\basicRibbonShaderV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\gl\basicRibbonShaderP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\ribbons\gl\texRibbonShaderP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\ssao\gl\SSAO_Blur_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\ssao\gl\SSAO_Blur_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\ssao\gl\SSAO_PowerTable_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\ssao\gl\SSAO_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\targetRestoreP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\colorV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\hdr\gl\sampleLumInitialP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\modColorTextureP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\textureP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\textureV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\addColorTextureP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\colorP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\targetRestoreV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\modColorTextureV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\fixedFunction\gl\addColorTextureV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_Gausian_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_Final_P.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\art\sounds\lockpick\lockpick1.ogg
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\art\sounds\lockpick\lockpick2.ogg
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\art\ribbons\ribbons.cs.dso
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\art\ribbons\materials.cs.dso
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\art\ribbons\ribbonExec.cs.dso
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\art\sounds\lockpick\lockpick_fail.ogg
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_DownSample_V.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\lightRay\gl\lightRayP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\lightRay\gl\lightRayOccludeP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\caustics\gl\causticsP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\caustics\causticsP.hlsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\mlaa\gl\blendWeightCalculationP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\mlaa\gl\functions.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\mlaa\gl\passthruV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\mlaa\gl\neighborhoodBlendingP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\mlaa\gl\edgeDetectionP.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\mlaa\gl\offsetV.glsl
Error adding: e:\Games\The Age of Decadence\shaders\common\postFx\dof\gl\DOF_SmallBlur_P.glsl

I assume it is GOG fault. Unless it is wrong patch and the right one is still unavailable on GOG.

Anyway, great job once again, ITS. :salute:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I talked to GoG, they say that their QA team cleared it, they tested again after my report but it was working fine on their end. The patch shouldn't even override or copy these files. If you're still experiencing this problem, please talk to GoG and give them all the details and screenshots of the error.

Blackmill

Scholar
The Chosen One ending addition is GREAT, even if a bit rough around the edges (I posted some issues in the bugs thread). Goddamn, I'm even more excited for the upcoming updates :bounce:.

Also if possible, can you add more critical strike dialogue options in further updates. The most satisfying of all checks.

Oh and the patch notes don't say that, but the '20 different death screens' achievement was changed.

Do you know what the minimum stats and skills are to get the Chosen One ending? I want to go for it on a hybrid-fighter, but of course, that risks becoming unable to complete it if I fuck up my skill point distribution.

Urbanolo

Augur
Do you know what the minimum stats and skills are to get the Chosen One ending? I want to go for it on a hybrid-fighter, but of course, that risks becoming unable to complete it if I fuck up my skill point distribution.
You need 9 charisma and some intelligence (I don't know how much exactly) to convince the preacher in Teron. Doable for a hybrid, but definitely challenging.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I also got the GoG error just now. As I'm not in the middle of a playthrough I reinstalled using the updated installer, which worked fine.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm absolutely all for additions and patches and can only congratulate the Iron Tower team for their very good work.
However, I do not see myself playing the game already as I feel I'd be missing out on some of the awesome content you guys are making. Do you have an estimate of when the game will stop being "supported" so I can enjoy it properly ? It's been sitting on my Steam list for months :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom