Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aarklash: Legacy, RTwP tactical RPG from Cyanide

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Surprised by all the positive feedback to be honest, will have to try it myself.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have not had more then one or 2 hours in the game, but it is surprisingly good. Had some interesting fights that if i did not control aggro, the right use of healing and skills i would lose. One of the early optional bosses took me 4 tries and that was mostly down to my own stupidity because i did not read spell descriptions.

Now i am starting to get skill points and i have to make some STRONG choices that dictate what a skill can do. Do i want a AOE effect that dose damage over time, but takes my guy out for the period while the spell is active or a smaller cast time spell that dose less damage, but will keep that unit active.

tet666

Augur
Btw why is this game in the RTS section? its not more an RTS then the IWD games or DA for example.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Game's pretty fun. Damn linear combat-fest though. A heap of manual dodging of powerful telegraphed abilities is required, as well as careful aiming of your own actives to make sure they make it to intended targets. Reminded of WoW and LoL a fair bit while playing. Story may as well not be there, nothing particularly interesting happening so far. Voice acting and the cutscenes are pretty awful in English (as is a lot of the language in tooltips), there are long gaps between speakers, sounds very awkward. The wolf healer chick is especially hilarious. I'll probably give this a playthrough to the end, playing on hard and barely scrapped through on a few encounters. Would like to see it on Ragnorak.

I wonder if PE devs are paying this any attention. Sawyer is a League fan IIRC, maybe we will see some skillshot abilities similar to this game.

Wasteland 2
If I understood correctly, it's what Dungeon Siege 3 should have been ?

Mildly interested so far, more than in any single char action h&s for sure.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is not even a hack and slash. This is how every RTwP game should be. Skill shots, aggro mangement and correct use of skills. I lost a fight because i hit one of my own guys with a stray shoot.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yep yep, exactly as Crimson says. I haven't played many RTwP games before-
Did the old IE games have this command stacking thing? The UI is seriously excellent. I love how if you put your cursor over any action (stacked or not), it will show where it takes place on the battlefield.

All sorts of little details that make this kind of combat very enjoyable.

tet666

Augur
Yep yep, exactly as Crimson says. I haven't played many RTwP games before-
Did the old IE games have this command stacking thing? The UI is seriously excellent. I love how if you put your cursor over any action (stacked or not), it will show where it takes place on the battlefield.

All sorts of little details that make this kind of combat very enjoyable.

Nope IE games didnt have a queue for actions ive first seen this in a RTwP Rpg in KOTOR i think.

Mortmal

Arcane
So this is a rpg ala dragon age ? Theres almost not coverage on it, its not even visible anymore on steam front page. Think i wont remove it from an inventory since i cant get a refund for impire.

Name

Cipher
I think it's more like a squad tatical game than a proper rpg, based on the feedback that writing side is light and combat side is heavy.
Anyway isn't the setting adapted from some tabletop wargame? And its previous installment Confrontation is more strategy than RPG too.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I did some extra exploration so I was treated with an extra-tough miniboss fight.

0GWPsMV.jpg

I am really liking this! :)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So a game by Cyanide is getting good feedback on the Codex? These are truly the end times.

I can rectify that: the game is bugged and very very much the same. You fight a lot of trash mobs, hero skills are limited to four and get almost no development, the story is weak, there is little loot and graphics are acceptable. It may be fun for 30 minutes but it gets boring extremely fast.

Mortmal

Arcane
So a game by Cyanide is getting good feedback on the Codex? These are truly the end times.

I can rectify that: the game is bugged and very very much the same. You fight a lot of trash mobs, hero skills are limited to four and get almost no development, the story is weak, there is little loot and graphics are acceptable. It may be fun for 30 minutes but it gets boring extremely fast.

Ah ok, you got us worried , things are back to normal .

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

That's a relief.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Ah ok, you got us worried , things are back to normal .

I mean I really liked what I saw on yt showing the game but once I started playing it I had this "meh" feeling almost instantly.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wtf, I half heartedly bought it because I used to have a confontation miniature army, and it seemed playable at least, unlike the previous one, and I have found the combat quite good so far. Much better than in Dragon Age I'd say : the active dodging, and taunt that works on heal are nice ideas. There are only 4 active powers/character, and the character building is not very complex (you just pour skill points into one of these 4 powers, and you have to chose twice between 2 branches of the same power).

The main problem is that everything (dialogues, characters, items, scenario) is bland, and I don't like they went the HP bag route for most stronger ennemies.

Last edited:

rvm1975

Educated
I did some extra exploration so I was treated with an extra-tough miniboss fight.

0GWPsMV.jpg

I am really liking this! :)

It is easy even on ragnarok. Put all members between elemental and minions in order to receive 300hp heals and reduce healing of elemental.

On hard you can kill it without problems. On ragnarok you need maxed shield on Nokka on final phase after 4000 heal.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Ah, I already took it out a while ago. Took me about 2 tries to realize the minions were using skillshots to heal the big motherfucker at the middle. Thanks for the tip though.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ouch, I didn't notice you could just get healed by getting in the ray :)
I used escape on Noka, and taunt on the hybrid to decrease healing, spammed grain of healing on the elemental(to mana feast on everyone on the team), and the smaller ones eventually disbanded by themselves (on Ragnarok). It took and awfully long time (I chipped something like 5% health on each healing sequence).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Very good game, enjoying it.

Reminds me of good old times of games like Warhammer: Dark Omen. Definitely requires some strategy and fun to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom