Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aarklash: Legacy, RTwP tactical RPG from Cyanide

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Looks fairly uninspired. $20-25 euros? Probably $30ish? How are these guys still in business?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I was going to say that it reminded me from that recent Confrontation game when I read the video info: "Inspired by the Confrontation figurines universe, Aarklash: Legacy is a tactical adventure game" . It looked terrible.

Faux edit: The fuck? The Confrontation game was also developed by Cyanide

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They've been putting out a steady stream of mediocre/crap games recently: Confrontation, Orcs and Men, Impire, etc.

Name

Cipher
Once I can't believe they give the adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire to this company.
Then now all sorts of Game of Thrones games poping up as social and/or tablet games.
So, why not?
At least Cyanide still makes console games. And RPGs.

Baron

Arcane
Why didn't that bard step right up and cast that slow moving fireball spell from half a foot away?*

Graphics are quite nice, but combat designed like Star Trek ship combat is just so dull. "Captain! The tank's hitpoints are at 45%" "Prepare to cast a healing spell!" "Captain, it worked! Crisis averted!"

The slow wearing down of stats is just wrong. It's got to be the old frustrating: Miss Miss Miss Gah! Miss TWENTY! Yes! Gank, Thwack solid damage, fireball SAVE OR DIE ORC STOOGE!".

* Probably blast radius and self preservation...

Dr Tomo

Learned

Looks fairly uninspired. $20-25 euros? Probably $30ish? How are these guys still in business?

They are Russian developers and their economy is absolute garbage, so when they sucker a bunch of people from the U.S & Europe into buying their games they make bank. Now I check where the studio is located at if possible as I have learned that Russian studios at best produce mediocre titles.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They could also be producing masses of shit to sell on Steam sales for collectors - ie people that buy games and dont play them.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, this is coming out in a couple of days.

I'm honestly kind of excited for it. It basically looks like if you took a bunch of MOBA characters, stuck them in a singleplayer game and added a RTwP function.

I usually hate RTwP but with the suppsoed focus on positioning\skillshots I think this can be pretty entertaining.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

They are Russian developers and their economy is absolute garbage, so when they sucker a bunch of people from the U.S & Europe into buying their games they make bank. Now I check where the studio is located at if possible as I have learned that Russian studios at best produce mediocre titles.

They are French.

Mortmal

Arcane

They are French.

No no! russians ! French only do good titles like wargame airland, we have nothing to do with cyanide...

Name

Cipher

They are French.

No no! russians ! French only do good titles like wargame airland, we have nothing to do with cyanide...

Don't panic. Cyanide could as well be Chinese anyway. I think they have studios everywhere on the globe. Yes. All citizens of Earth have things to do with Cyanide.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Does it mean all French are Russians? I should tell Putin there is a big country in west ready for colonization.

Dr Tomo

Learned

They are French.

Doing France a favor by calling them Russians as this studio was responsible for Blood bowl and Impire.

:necro:

Mortmal

Arcane
Yeah impire, what a shittty horrible boring piece of shit ... No they cant be french, they must be at best some distant relatives in those frozen wastelands in canda, quebec or something...

Name

Cipher
Softpedia gives it a 8.5!
Users on Metacritic are praising its gameplay and story (with downside being voice-over, as usual)! The only negative review comes from one who is complaining about GRAPHICS.
It looks GOOD!

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've bought it.
It's pretty damn nice so far- The RTwP combat system is very good, allows you to stack a bunch of actions in advance. That allows you to plan and execute some relatively complex strategies easily.
You just need to fiddle a little bit with the controls at the beginning to unfuck it. They're really unintuitive at default but you can easily change them.

The character design is also nice. The wolf chick is hot and I love the goblin dude with the rat in his hat.

There's also lots of nice loot fiddling. (You don't get new weapons and armors- just a whole bunch of different accessories like earrings, amulets, artifacts, etc. But they all have different stats so it's nice to compare them and see which one will be the best for whom)

Only bad thing so far about the game is that it's relatively linear. But on the other hand, it never claimed to be open-world or something like that.

Also- the VA so far is not bad, it's just cheesy as heck. Every character sounds more or less like it's supposed to.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I talked about linearity and world map. Or can you do missions in banner saga out of order?

Multi-headed Cow

Heard from a guy I don't know that this videogame is actually good. He also says this video I haven't seen gives a good representation of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom