Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Wild Hunt appears! - RK47 does Witcher 3 Twice

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Ciri's story and character are p. banal.

Fittingly enough she has same voice actor as female Hawke from DA2.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It is also pretty funny how closely CDPR are mimicking Bioware.

Fucking what?
What are you talking about?
Where's the gay romance?
Where's the retarded elf?
Where's ride the bull?
Where's my super green hand that can save the world?

RK47

Patron
You're evading the question.
What are they copying from Bioware?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
:hmmm:

And here I thought you were trolling.
He is right though. The only similarity is the open world and crafting being shit. That is far more a symptom of copying Skyrim than DA:I. There is no other similarities that I can see, care to enlighten us? I'm not saying the game is amazing or anything but it has nothing to do with DA: I perfect storm of shit mechanics.

RK47

Patron
That Lv 25 Bandits vs Lv 10 Witcher Encounter is one of those moments where you realize the developers just don't get it.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is there a single enemy that could not be killed with AXII spam? It looks like the monster in the bogs went down far too easily due to the stun-hit-stun-hit combo. Though in a group fight it probably isn't that good.

Are there examples of combat done right in the Witcher series? Perhaps in a mod or something? I've seen your video on the 'Witcher combat revisited', and I can't say the previous games handle it much better.

The combat looks alright, if not too inspired, it is probably the encounter design that makes it look poor. One can only kill so many drowners before it gets stale. And now they are going to scale their levels, too?

Do the damage potions make a difference big enough to bother making them? I mean, 10% increased damage sounds miniscule.

What do you think would make combat more interesting?

RK47

Patron
What do you think would make combat more interesting?

I sincerely don't know.
Remember the riposte tutorial? It all boils down to right clicking when the enemy name flashes red.
That is all. Who the fuck watches red flashing names when in group combat? Fuck off.
There is no other visual cue to read like Batman: Arkham Asylum
The potion slots being just two makes the entire exercise of preparing with your potions a chore. If they had actually given more slots like 3-4 - it would encourage m to experiment more with potion combinations.
Instead, I pause the game mid fight, go to inventory, drag potion X to the slot. Unpause, drink the potion, pause again to inventory, redo the hotbar bullshit with potion Y, consume again. Garbage

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Arkham City combat is easy, but makes you feel like a powahful superhero.

Does Witcher 3 make you feel like a legendary witcher who killed dragon one on one?

CDPR should stop pretending to make RPG.

Nevill

Arcane
Does Witcher 3 make you feel like a legendary witcher who killed dragon one on one?
By the looks of it, it does, but only at a level-appropriate moments. :M

You get to kill Royal Griffins that eat Nilfgardian patrols for breakfast, and slay werevolves like they are fodder. The game also makes a point about the witchers being more competent in combat matters than 90% of NPCs.

Then you start encountering level 10 drowners and level 25 bandits and the illusion wavers.

CDPR should stop pretending to make RPG.
How do you call it, then?

KreNich

Novice
Did you know you can drink a potion in your inventory screen if you select it and then press the use button (e)? The problem is that you cant do this in combat....

Would it make the game better if everybody were max level including Geralt too? Max upgrade points, all the swords doing the same damage only their status effects woud be different, same with armors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Found this in the gif thread.
2303_eae3.gif
Wonder if you could do this indefinitely.:M

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Did you know you can drink a potion in your inventory screen if you select it and then press the use button (e)? The problem is that you cant do this in combat....

Would it make the game better if everybody were max level including Geralt too? Max upgrade points, all the swords doing the same damage only their status effects woud be different, same with armors.
I think itd work better if everyone was just capped at certain levels/stats - not necessarily max level - including Geralt. in fact, a max amount of health points too. Make it more like gothic or and arpg version of AoD. Especially in a world where a level zero supposedly jabbed Geralt in the stomach with a pitchfork and "killed" him, I think that'd work really well.

Right now the rpg mechanics are getting in the way and aren't really adding much, if anything to the game. All they really do is serve to gate content. And it is really noticeable because instead of coming up with new enemies, they just made high level versions of low level enemies. That robs the player of his sense of progress. Even a level 75 rabbit should not be able to kill a level 1 witcher. in fact a level 75 rabbit should not exist unless it is some sort of possessed enchanted rabbit with aims of global domination - in that case, provided it has demonic powers etc, maybe it could kill a witcher. Story has to justify it somehow. no more "these bandits/drowners/ghouls are level 25 because".

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom