Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A cyberpunk tactical RPG - Zion

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Last edited:

MetalCraze

Arcane
I surely hope you will change those fugly anime characters for something normal looking. Otherwise it's nice.

Zeus

Cipher
You had me at "cyberpunk". Then you had me *again* at tactical.

I'm exhausted.

Quilty

Magister
Another YES! for the setting and a BOO! for the anime kiddies things.

mondblut

Arcane
Zion and ultra-capitalistic aliens - me like.

Homosexual buttraped anime faggotry with huge heads and idiotic hairstyles - FUCK IT.

I am ignoring the game until anime slimefilth is out.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I won't be original, but - cyberpunk+tactical = win! Anime characters = fail. I really hope you'll change it. Other than that the graphics look great. Perhaps you could write a little more about game mechanics?

Oh, and I love the concept art.

DefJam101

Arcane
The concept art is okay—an odd blend of cyberpunk/steampunk.

I think you could benefit from a darker color palette, though. Right now it's very, very steampunk and alarmingly wapanese. :?

sah

Liturgist
Less like this:

anime_cat.jpg

More like this:

synd_cover_agent_c128_mq1.png

synd_mods_snes_mle_fullv1_hq1.png

synd_mods_snes_fem_fullv1_hq1.png

Other than that the game looks really really sweet.

mondblut said:
Zion and ultra-capitalistic aliens - me like.

Homosexual buttraped anime faggotry with huge heads and idiotic hairstyles - FUCK IT.

I am ignoring the game until anime slimefilth is out.

Fuck yeah. So far it looks like that DS Advance Wars bullshit.

I guess only artists you can get for free nowodays are fucking Naruto-fed DA dropouts.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Everything looks and sounds great so far. Apart from those horrid little anime characters, but seeing the concept art I guess those are only placeholders.

They are, aren't they?

synd_mods_snes_fem_fullv1_hq1.png

Syndicate was teh awesome.

Gwendo

Augur
Cyperpunk= +1
Tactical= +1
Anime characters= -1

Total: +1

I'd buy it. 3,90$ well spent.

I'm somewhat confused about the mood you're trying to convey. On the one hand, you've got humans living under (I assume) an oppressive rule by an alien race in a dystopian future. But, on the other, there's a bright color palette, 'cutesy' characters, and from what I can tell, hardly a speck of dust in any image.

I'd imagine a darker color palette, with dirt and grime covering nearly everything (including characters), coal and gasoline powered machinery going full-bore (what would 'nefarious, ultra-capitalist aliens' care if they exploited our natural resources), a sky dark and hazy from pollution, etc.

Zeus

Cipher
Okay, complaining about anime characters is one thing, but what's with all the bitching about the "bright color palette"?

I mean, take a look at Syndicate.

syndicute.jpg

Yeah, nothing says dark and brooding like hunters orange.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trying to help:

Whoever does the in-game art for your project....
FORCE him to take a REAL look at the concepts.
The anime style is nicely done. Good quality there. Taken alone, there is nothing wrong with it.
But it almost directly contradicts the vision evoked from those concepts. And I hope that your vision is still the mature look, not the anime one. Especially since you can never "feel" the harsh world when Hello Kitty characters are thrown at your face.

It may be a huge step back in development time, but IMHO, a restart in the art section would only do you good in the end. And it would help you to stand out against other games (anime seems pretty common these times).

@color palette:
The problem here is not brightness. People just shout that since they don't know shit about technical stuff in games. And who could blame them...
The problem here (IMHO) is saturation. In the anime style, all colors are very saturated, very "alive" and "positive" (I lack proper technical terms here, I'm no artist!), while Syndicate on the other hand seems to be pretty much desaturated, a bit grey-ish.

Korgan

Arbiter
The concept art looks great (bright cyberpunk without rain and neon lights is original at the very least), the in-game backgrounds are p. cool, but, like everyone says, drop the chibi toon bullshit. All in all, you got my interest, although not my wallet (for lack of a credit card). I'll just steal it like a total asshole.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It sounds and looks good. It could look better though. It's obvious the artists have talent but the cutey anime chatacters and the bright brown palette don't feel much like cyberpunk. Of course for an indie project it looks p.good. I guess you aim for something like FF tactics. Best of luck.

BearBomber

Scholar
This is definitely one of the games that I'll be looking forward to. The map looks really nice, and the characters are not anime-like enough to worry me. IMO people are overreacting a little here. Post something about game mechanic next time.

DefJam101

Arcane
Zeus said:
Okay, complaining about anime characters is one thing, but what's with all the bitching about the "bright color palette"?

I mean, take a look at Syndicate.

syndicute.jpg

Yeah, nothing says dark and brooding like hunters orange.

Just right there I see:

- black roofing
- black pavement
- yellow lines in contrast to the black pavement (a simple touch, something we see every day, but gives off authoritarian feelings)
- a black hovercar thing
- Almost everything that isn't black is sand, which gives off post-apocalyptic vibes

Saying 'darker color palette' is easier to get across than 'stuff that doesn't look like 18th century England', so sorry. I should have been more specific.

All those little details add up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom