Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

^_^ Protoss ^_^ keke

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Vespene geysers and mineral deposits on space stations, yeah that made no sense either.

almondblight

Arcane
Neither did mutalisks flying in space...so....yeah.

Oh, and what Human Sheild said. I want a game were either most of the people are from Asia or they're up front and say white America finally beat the darkies and they're now all working in the mines.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Maybe the minerals are like tiberium and can grow anywhere and everywhere. <copout>

Lumpy

Arcane
Mutalisks flying in space, and Guardians, Devourers, Overlords and Cocoons flying anywhere.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's the problem with mutalisks flying in space? Maybe they can emit a gas for propulsion in zero-g environments.

MetalCraze

Arcane
No. They just use their wings to push from vacuum. See - it's a magic substance - you can even hear the sound in it, even if your ship closed tightly - (c) George Lucas

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
skyway said:
No. They just use their wings to push from vacuum. See - it's a magic substance - you can even hear the sound in it, even if your ship closed tightly - (c) George Lucas

You mean "ether"? ;)

MetalCraze

Arcane
You mean "ether"?

uh huh, you can call it like that too.

And this all just reminded me of some other words from somewhere, which will also act as a stone thrown at Lucas.

"In space noone can hear your scream.
but they pretty much can hear your fart"
- George Lucas, "Space according to Lucas"

psycojester

Arbiter
a_lightspeed.jpg

Atrokkus

Erudite
WHy not make those dark templar a kamikadze unit, like the banelings? They make the deadly spin attack that can kill ANY unit (or has a specific chance of doing fatal damage) but at the process of it the dark templar cuts himself to death, too.
I bet it'd be easy to do that in an editor after the game ships hah (unless Blizz do it themselves).

damned registrations said:
Bright green double energy scythe on a STEALTH unit?
Well the psionic bright essence of the blade is not a concern -- in original starcraft they also had psionic blades but since the entire dark templar along with his weapon is permanently stealthed, the blades are kinda translucent as well. What worries me is the actual contruction of the blades.. it's just not right. Akimbo kama-like blades - fine (though also not practical) but a single double-bladed weapon?? pretty dumb indeed.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Well, Banshees (helicopters) were meant for planetary operations, not space ones. And i guess they can easily deploy their ion boosters for interplanetary voyages. However, i dont understand why use the principle of helicopter at all, if there are hover technologies already widely-used...

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Banshees will be usable on space maps, though. The reason helicopters were used is because they look cool. The new dark eldar fail at that, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom