Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News 25 second Dragon Age: Origins trailer is up

Lumpy

Arcane
Arem said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4fOybHb5bc

Shocking
1000 elves didn't show up for archery duty on the tower that day. The Council caused a controlled demolition to justify their War on Blight.

Uruka'hai didn't blow up the project,
It was you Dwavva,
Tell da truth Dwavva.
His Majesty knocked down the towa,
It was you Dwavva,
Tell da truth Dwavva.

kris

Arcane
J1M said:
Where's Gaider now? I figured he would be here defending how awesome it was that the majorly hyped trailer was 25 seconds long and showed no gameplay.

Gaider never done any such things on this forum. His posts generally have just been informative.

Lumpy said:
I don't get it. Are they fucking with our brains or something? Why is the second trailer just like the first only a bit different?

Was pretty much my view too. I mean it looked better, but in truth that just gives the impression that they were not happy about the first one and then showed a revised one.

Still says very little about the game.

RainSong said:
Because all of them are made in US, a country with no history or any idea of medieval ages.

People with historic and present day knowledge knows Canada is not part of the USA. ;)

I think they learn their tactics by watching "Braveheart"... No wait, at least he used a couple of good things, maybe they only remember the "charge" parts.

Lumpy

Arcane
Ideally, these would be two cutscenes, the events being determined by the actions of the player. Like in Khoonda, only less irrelevant.

Say, you bring some magical dogs you found somewhere to the city, and they are bred to create the pack of warhounds.
Or, you sabotage the orcish mithril mine, and they don't have war machines to blow up your projects - which causes the controlled demolition planned by the king to be obvious, and he is forced to tell the truth that it was him, and all the former sheeple revolt against him.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
whtpl0.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Was pretty much my view too. I mean it looked better, but in truth that just gives the impression that they were not happy about the first one and then showed a revised one."

Nah. they gave GT the two trailers from the beginning. there's no big conspiracy, sorry.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
kris said:
J1M said:
Where's Gaider now? I figured he would be here defending how awesome it was that the majorly hyped trailer was 25 seconds long and showed no gameplay.

Gaider never done any such things on this forum. His posts generally have just been informative.

dgaider is probably facepalming in his office right now, cursing the marketing exec who thinks releasing a teaser after 4 years was a good idea.

DemonKing

Arcane
J1M said:
Thier plan is about as stupid as the trailer. Big castle? Check. Lots of archers? Check. Open the gates and charge the enemy? Check!?

No - that's part of the Feldaren Warrior Culture! Bio have spent the last 4 years developing this stuff you know.

A Feldaren warrior *will* fight behind a wall but if the enemy calls you out then tradition dictates that you must go out and face them because you are so leet that you never really needed the wall to begin with...

Also it is a long-standing tradition that Feldaren kings have their hair styled by Legolas.

Solaris

Scholar
You can tell EA have got their hooks into them now...

Teaser for a teaser, useless trailers, etc

Just give us some fucking info.....maybe E3 (or whatever its called these days) will shed some light.

Shannow

Waster of Time
kris said:
RainSong said:
Because all of them are made in US, a country with no history or any idea of medieval ages.

People with historic and present day knowledge knows Canada is not part of the USA. ;)

I think they learn their tactics by watching "Braveheart"... No wait, at least he used a couple of good things, maybe they only remember the "charge" parts.
But that was made by an Aussie! :conspiracy:

Shoelip

Arbiter
"You plan will work your majesty."

"Of course it will, I'm British."

Mareus

Magister
DemonKing said:
J1M said:
Thier plan is about as stupid as the trailer. Big castle? Check. Lots of archers? Check. Open the gates and charge the enemy? Check!?

No - that's part of the Feldaren Warrior Culture! Bio have spent the last 4 years developing this stuff you know.

A Feldaren warrior *will* fight behind a wall but if the enemy calls you out then tradition dictates that you must go out and face them because you are so leet that you never really needed the wall to begin with...

Also it is a long-standing tradition that Feldaren kings have their hair styled by Legolas.

Actually I am happy the trailer is so short, because that means there is still hope the plan might turn to be something else than charge at the enemy. Still I think the music is too weak and it fails at contributing to the atmosphere. It is trying to sound dramatic, but it just isn't. Maybe it's just me because no one else seemed to comment it.

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
"Was pretty much my view too. I mean it looked better, but in truth that just gives the impression that they were not happy about the first one and then showed a revised one."

Nah. they gave GT the two trailers from the beginning. there's no big conspiracy, sorry.

I never claimed it were. I just said that was the impression it gave.

Starwars said:
http://au.media.pc.ign.com/media/682/682217/imgs_1.html

Screens. *shrugs*. Doesn't look all that bad to me. Hopefully we'll hear (or see) about the gameplay soon.
Agreed, the screenshot from the actual game with the hud doesn't look that bad.

Shoelip

Arbiter
At least there're four party members. Why can't they make it six though? I loved the dialogues between multiple NPCs in BG2.

Mareus

Magister
Shoelip said:
At least there're four party members. Why can't they make it six though? I loved the dialogues between multiple NPCs in BG2.

Maybe it has to do something with the actual gameplay. The last I heard there won't be so many classes as in Baldur's Gate. But I agree that 6 characters would be better.. and so far DA does not sound very promisisng. Certainly it does not sound like BG spiritual succesor, as it was hyped in the begging of the project.

---EDIT---

Fucking fat fingers!

Shoelip said:
They could still manage that with 4.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
fighter: LETS GET DRUNK
rogue: U TARD
druid: GUYS DUN FITE
cleric: OH GOD YYYY AM I STUCK WITH THESE PPL

:lol:

Shoelip

Arbiter
sportforredneck said:
Shoelip said:
They could still manage that with 4.

Yes they could, but not as much. Six would have been better. Maybe it's just that NWN2 had four and it was mind numbingly boring, while KotOR had three and I constantly missed the multi-npc conversations even though I mostly liked the game itself... God I wish voice acting hadn't become so prevalent.

Castanova

Prophet
As far as I know, first screenshot of actual gameplay/GUI:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/682217/dr ... 26759.html

It's definitely a slight relief, for me. Pulled back, semi-isometric perspective. No over-the-shoulder bullshit. The only thing left to worry about from a graphical perspective is whether the levels are hand-designed like BG/BG2 or are they made of "tiles" like NWN. Also, I wish there were at least 5 or 6 party members. 4 seems a bit sparse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom