Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime 15 Years of Decline by Creative Assembly

A horse of course

Here's to many more years of Day 1 DLC, tablet controls, bugs, downs syndrome campaign AI, retard-baiting battle mechanics and spoilt princess modder tantrums

:d1p:

Got bored and left

Here's to the cool games they used to make. *sigh* I feel like playing Medieval II again.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thats nothing....

624736.jpg

33 years of decline and buggering your beloved studios.

Executr

Cipher
Thats nothing....

624736.jpg

Curiously, the first game, Shogun, was published by EA.

I just hope that CA finally ditches the Warscape engine and work on the AI for their next TW games. (Not to mention the DLC milking and the decreasing on modding capabilities for newer titles)

Beowulf

Arcane
[...] I just hope that CA finally ditches the Warscape engine and work on the AI for their next TW games. (Not to mention the DLC milking and the decreasing on modding capabilities for newer titles)

Yeah, we can hope, but I we shouldn't kid ourselves - they will most likely go with new animations and more cinematic experience stuff, whatever that means.

Beowulf

Arcane
To be fair, it doesn't look like AI fault, rather bad terrain type definition/recognition. But yeah, one can find a shit-ton of examples on youtube how bright the AI was at the release (and some time after). They definitely worked on itm but I'm not certain if the real improvements came from limiting it's behaviour via hard scripting; rather than actually, you know, improving it.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Thats nothing....

EA

The only really good thing I remember about EA is the fact that they used to publish some niche titles in the late 90-s. At least The Creed somehow got published... but then Thrill Kill wasn't, though it was more violent only by a slight margin.
Fuck EA.

sser

Arcane
Developer
A little too much nostalgia seeing Shogun. The year 2000? Fuck. I remember getting that when it came out. And also helping my friend install it on his Gateway. I don't think Gateway even exists anymore.

Also, pretty obvious fantasy game at the end there. And while I think the Total War games have gotten incredibly bad, those Kingdoms or whatever games caught my eye, but I'm a sucker for turn-based.

Norfleet

Orks and clever AI does not compute. But I hope they use a native 64-bit engine and have DX12/Vulkan support.
Sounds like the perfect justification for shit AI right there. Now they won't have to write a clever AI, because it's canonically accurate for the AI to be stupid.

Ladonna

Arcane
EA was awesome in the 80s and early 90s. They funded many a good game back then.

As for CA, I gave up on them after the Empires farce. Medieval II and Rome really needed mods to shine too. Haven't looked in on their games since.

Beowulf

Arcane
Orks and clever AI does not compute. But I hope they use a native 64-bit engine and have DX12/Vulkan support.
Sounds like the perfect justification for shit AI right there. Now they won't have to write a clever AI, because it's canonically accurate for the AI to be stupid.

Not only that. Since the factions are all at war, they don't have to pretend that any kind of diplomacy system is working, and every faction will eventuall wage war on you (even the single province ones).
And, as a late game boss, we will force the player to fight an unexpected civil war/secret heresy/whatever BS. That should keep them interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom