Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1024x768

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like shit now. Your stupid tag cloud bullshit fucked the formatting all up, so the forums list stretches about a mile down the screen. Fix it.

I use a small monitor at work because a large one is too big to be between my customers and me. You wouldn't want to upset my customers now, would you?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're too old for this forum, Crispy. Time moves on, you do not. It's time to go on your retirement and move to RPGWatch. It's the only way.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
9151.jpg

Why would you want to look at the forums list when the hot topics tab on the main page is 10x more useful?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The front page doesn't even work at that resolution any more, so why would we care if the forums don't?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I mostly use 800x600. Previously horizontal scrollbars don't showed in forums, but today they work. Should check at home too.
Thanks.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Not everyone have good eyes, FYI. Big letters - less eye strain.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Why would you want to look at the forums list when the hot topics tab on the main page is 10x more useful?

The front page doesn't even work at that resolution any more, so why would we care if the forums don't?

BECAUSE THAT'S JUST THE FUCKING WAY I DO IT, OKAY?
Okay.

There's not much I can do to help you though. Maybe we could do a fund-raiser and pay for a small monitor with a decent resolution for you?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I do not see horizontal scrollbars at home when using 800x600.
Firefox 2.0.0.16
Can you fix it someday, Oh Mighty DU. Pretty please?
:M

When page is loading, horizontal scrollbars are present, but when loading of page is complete, scrollbars are disappear. Maybe this helps.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I do not see horizontal scrollbars at home when using 800x600.
Firefox 2.0.0.16
Can you fix it someday, Oh Mighty DU. Pretty please?
:M
Sure. Right when I finish making the DOS version of the Codex for all those who don't want to upgrade to this new-fangled "Windows 3.11" business.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Maybe we could do a fund-raiser and pay for a small monitor with a decent resolution for you?

Actually a new mouse would be a better idea because now I'm rapidly wearing out my mouse's scroll wheel. So. Far. Down.

BTW, the home page looks fine at this resolution. Have to scroll to the right a little bit to see everything, but that's no biggie.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hey Crispy, just steal one of those shazzy LCD monitors from the computer store you're working.

circ

Arcane
Maybe we could do a fund-raiser and pay for a small monitor with a decent resolution for you?

Actually a new mouse would be a better idea because now I'm rapidly wearing out my mouse's scroll wheel. So. Far. Down.

BTW, the home page looks fine at this resolution. Have to scroll to the right a little bit to see everything, but that's no biggie.
Hey Crispy, I know you're a tech guy and all, but did you know that you can scroll up and down with page up and down? Also, space works unless there's something stealing focus from the background, shift+space for reverse scroll. Just being helpful. :)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
- I don't want a large monitor between my customers and me. I already stated that. This 15" LCD has a max resolution of 1024x768. They all do.

- I'm not moving my right hand from the mouse to the keyboard every time I want to scroll down to GD in the Forums list. That's just crazy talk.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Look, the standard resolution has been 1280x1024 for non-wide monitors for the last 10 years. You'll just have to catch up to that. Spend a whopping 20 bucks on eBay for a 17" (which is barely any larger than your 15") and it'll have a default res of 1280x1024, solving all of your woes.

Phelot

Arcane
We should have background midi music playing whenever you access this site and there should be no way to disable it.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Due to my dry eye condition I am sensitive to LCD/LED and have to use a CRT monitor, preferably with 100hz refresh, which sets me firmly at 1024x768 forever.

The more sites drop this resolution the more I weep... with the few tears that remain.

EG

Nullified
Horizontal scroll is truly the devil's own whelp.

No compromises!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom