Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1.47 Bugs or no bugs...(Major Spoilers - be warned)

Rhys

Novice
Made some reasonable progress over the last couple days - although I'm stuck, which I'll put on another post - but in the process may have found a few bugs in 1.47.
(POTENTIAL SPOILERS).
1. Got the other thieves' ring from his corpse (and his scarf from his room) in the Barrier sewers, yet Krista nor anyone else will acknowledge he's toast. Nor will anyone take the coins that he ripped off (I vaguely recall talking to some girl in the inn about this).

2. Bandits in the Barrier sewers came up as "Bandit AAA".

2a. Can't seem to crack the jewel ring in the Barrier - once you take the gems the guys simply get killed, and no pushing or shoving the thugs does much good.

2b. Are you really supposed to make friends with the Vangesh ambassador with these gems even without the Flam quest? (it shows up in the journal dialog as he's now ready for negotiations...oops)

3. The knife you get for the steal-the-music-box quest ends up in triplicate (one original, then one semi-buffed and one finished). I think I did this under 1.41 first...

4. The bad cook who is poisoning the food is inaccessible once caught, and won't talk to you even when you are about to turn him into the cops. Methinks there is a cheated woman behind some of this but can't seem to get anywhere.

5. The armor mod seems to decrease speed as you go through combat. (I did get all of my party up to 30 armor before upgrading to 1.47) :) Is this how is it supposed to work?

6. The game crashes if my Thaum (Tauna) throws her 12 range eastern whatchamacalit from extreme range. There is also an interesting bug that allows you to use a dagger in the offhand for thrown weapons - which isn't a bug, but what is a bug is that you slash with the dagger and can increase skill that way with the offhand even when you're doing thrown...

7. The good news is weapons and other mods to stats now show up in combat. The bad is that the 40 skill Flame spells still usually don't. (And I am checking range).

8. You seem to be able to do the House Char special quest if you're going from the Monastery to the Citadel and stumble across the renegade Guardians. (It is much easier to win the duel when you get someone wielding 2 ancient axes, heh heh). But you still get the XP for the quest...

Ok, that's it for now.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Thanks for all the notes. I'll check them out.

1) I'll have to check with CP on this, not sure what you're missing.

2) The bandit aaa is a stupid name bug, but is actually a big pain to fix at this stage
2a) again CP
2b) doh, definitely a stupid journal bug

3) yeah that's a bug, I might have fixe already. I'll take a look

4) quest related cp again.

5) Not sure exactly what you mean by this? The armor penalty should be a constant one each round of come. The formula is a basically at the beginning of each round give a character AP = to speed, then subtract the armor penalties offset by the armor skill.

6) hmmm. good catch I'll definitely check it out. The dagger part is funny. Should be a relatively easy fix. doh.

7) grrrr... flame magic bug..asdfasdfblargbb..b.b.b

8) hmmm. That's a pretty difficult stumble unless you know about it, but I'll check it out. <grin>

thanks for all the notes!

-mat

Rhys

Novice
Glad to help. As far as questions...

5. the armor bug - whats weird is my tank with his 30 armor skill and 23 speed prior to being tanked up (marvelous having dagger and thief skills combined) starts combat with like 20 aps...then ends up 2 rounds later with say 17 aps. I have no idea why.

8. Had tried the 3 quest alternatives so had at least heard about it, but the save game was titled 'this is odd'. Its just on the way back from the monastery to the citadel...you just stop with the five guards out in front.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom