Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
St. Toxic said:
This has to end, DriacKin. You need to destroy yourself and this thread.
Gladly we have a choice here... let's just post links to this thread all around the net, this will be some fun shit.

DriacKin

Arbiter
St. Toxic said:
Don't worry. It'll be over soon. Just another 2-3 updates until the end of the game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Slaughter said:
Does the game tell you how daddy neeson could enter and leave vault 101, and even pass as a vault inhabitant?

There's a bunch of taped diaries in the Purifier complex if you want some background story on Dad. He was working with mom on the Purifier before mom died right after giving birth. Dad lost spirit after that and decided to take you to Vault 101 for better care. But he's still obsessed over the water purifier plan and dug around the Vault-Tek database. That's where he got the idea of leaving 101 and restarting the plans all over again. It still doesn't explain why he thinks it's alright to leave you like that, though.

dextermorgan

Arcane
RK47 said:
Darth Slaughter said:
Does the game tell you how daddy neeson could enter and leave vault 101, and even pass as a vault inhabitant?

There's a bunch of taped diaries in the Purifier complex if you want some background story on Dad. He was working with mom on the Purifier before mom died right after giving birth. Dad lost spirit after that and decided to take you to Vault 101 for better care. But he's still obsessed over the water purifier plan and dug around the Vault-Tek database. That's where he got the idea of leaving 101 and restarting the plans all over again. It still doesn't explain why he thinks it's alright to leave you like that, though.

I think what he's asking is how daddy was allowed into the vault where no one ever enters and no one ever leaves (TM).

Black

Arcane
DriacKin said:
St. Toxic said:
Don't worry. It'll be over soon. Just another 2-3 updates until the end of the game.
DLCs TIME

bhlaab

Erudite
dextermorgan said:
I think what he's asking is how daddy was allowed into the vault where no one ever enters and no one ever leaves (TM).

The overseer kind of answers this in the trouble on the homefront quest. Don't know if that'll be on this LP but it should be.

RK47 said:
Darth Slaughter said:

I don't think he asked what you think he asked.
I'm pretty sure he meant how no one in the vault knows that people can leave or enter while there are new people appearing and dissapearing, because you know, unless vault dwellers belive in magic and fairytales, there would be no way they'd belive doc and his progeny have been born in the vault. Also how could he enter the thing in the first place is not explained either, it's not like the vault has a doorbell.

bhlaab

Erudite
FALLOUT WIKI TIME

The purpose of Vault 101 in the Vault Experiment was not only to test the results of indefinite isolation (designed never to reopen), but to also test the role of the Overseer. The second Overseer decided to let a select few of the adults in on the secret to help keep it from the children, and over the years each subsequent generation had more and more residents who knew the truth about the Vault. In addition, the Overseer was able to communicate with, and even visit, the outside world by using the secret tunnel in the Overseer's office. However, for all other intents and purposes, the vault's residents were sealed in: "It is here you were born, it is here you will die."

In the mid-23rd century, a new Overseer assumed the leadership of the Vault. He was a proponent of contact with the outside world. In 2241, this Overseer sent a scouting party under the leadership of Anne Palmer (The mother of our Dad's Lab Assistant) into the Capital Wasteland. This expedition revealed the true nature of the aftermath in the Wasteland and contacted the citizens of the settlement Megaton. Sometime before the arrival of the Lone Wanderer's father in 2258, this Overseer disappeared on an expedition to the Wasteland. His successor, Alphonse Almodovar (The current overseer in Fallout 3), ascended to leadership of the Vault. Under his rule, the Vault changed into a police state with a strict policy of isolationism.

Early in Alphonse's tenure as Overseer, James and his infant enter into Vault society. James, in his agreement with the Overseer, kept his child ignorant of their origins, convinced of their in the Vault. James was hired as the new Vault Physician. Nineteen years later, after James suddenly disappeared from the Vault, the Lone Wanderer was forced to flee and seek his/her father in the outside world for answers after fleeing a murderous Vault Security.

So everybody of the older generation pretty much knew the vault had been opened multiple times, but the idea of actually going out probably didn't strike them as a good thing (they lost an overseer because of it) and they kept it from their children.

bhlaab

Erudite
You learn much of that from trouble on the homefront and from the overseer's computer terminal in the escape

St. Toxic

Arcane
DriacKin said:
St. Toxic said:

If you don't stop it now, where will it end? It's up to you to do what's right.

ecliptic

Liturgist
DriacKin said:
St. Toxic said:

Thank you so much for doing this. I'm pretty sure I never would've actually played through this myself (20 minutes on my brother's 360 was enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth) but a small part of me always would've wondered if it was actually worth playing through (even though I was dumb enough to flagellate myself through Oblivion).

This LP makes it so stunningly crystal clear that there is absolutely no need for anyone of even remotely discerning taste or intelligence to play this vomit pile of a game, and it makes me want to defecate down my friend's throats whenever one of them express anything less severe than contempt for it.

I understand that I'm not the target demographic (older than 12, been playing games for longer than a good chunk of the people that bought it...) but still.... I don't quite understand how people can't realize that crap is crap.

If you haven't eaten a piece of shit before, you should still be able to realize that it tastes like shit when you finally have the bad fortune to.

Oh well. At least there's still and indie scene and some older RPGs I have yet to get through.

Divinity: Original Sin
My question was related to the fact that the vault was known as the one where no one never enter, never leave shit. at least the answers show that the game adressed the situation, though. Which, at this point, I was not expecting.

ecliptic said:
Thank you so much for doing this. I'm pretty sure I never would've actually played through this myself...

Well, to this day, I have played all of the Bethesda main games. Never finish any of them. I aways lose interest just after the beginning.

Arena and Daggerfall are too repetitive to keep me interested. Morrowind is too slow paced, and after every restart, you aways want to try some new mods, then you never really play, only install mods and test. The same with oblivion, but worse.

Fallout would be probably one that I would play till the end, but this main quest is very disappointing. Probably the most dumb of all bethesda games.

Section8

Cipher
I take back any criticism of the dialogue in this game. The generic stuff is actually exactly how I'd like to see "dumb dialogue" done in a game. Rather than out and out tardism, a la Fallout and Arcanum - it's just really dumb, with grammatical errors and a complete lack of awareness. That "Where are you then? All I see is computers." line is the new shit.

Multi-headed Cow

HEY this is somewhat unrelated but it's another Bethesda LP thread so hopefully someone knows. Where is that Oblivion LP someone did fairly recently that was done with a shitton of mods? It wasn't the Snails LP, but I can't find the one I'm looking for to save my life. Just reinstalled Oblivion and plastered a ton of mods over it and wanted to check what the guy doing that LP was running since if I remember right he had a mod that changed the beginning of the game.

Love,
Multi-Headed Cow XOXO <3

Pliskin

Arbiter
Section8 said:
I take back any criticism of the dialogue in this game. The generic stuff is actually exactly how I'd like to see "dumb dialogue" done in a game. Rather than out and out tardism, a la Fallout and Arcanum - it's just really dumb, with grammatical errors and a complete lack of awareness. That "Where are you then? All I see is computers." line is the new shit.

The newest shit:

"Where you at, yo? Alls I see is computers"

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"Because one is too little and two ain't enough...."

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
To sum it up: this is so bad, beth and some fags who gave an award for this crap cant be fucking serious! The whole game is an insult to halfway intelligent person.

And that was the main quest? They needed fucking 4 years to come up with this? Stole shit from Fallout 2, replaced president with a speaking xbox and added some faggy project FAIL. Oh i am sooo nerdrage about this, this is a definition of decline.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Yea, but they mixed it with the enclave president from FO2, who wanted to do what? kill the mutants.

They basically used stuff from the originals, so they didnt have to come up with ideas and concentrated on adding retarded shit and delivering award winning writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom