Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyanide's Call of Cthulhu - "RPG-Investigation" game based on tabletop ruleset

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
can't wait to see which one wins: this one or Cthulu For Retards: The Sinking City

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Narrator mispronounces Cthulhu.
tbh everyone does because the official pronunciation is too weird

Official pronunciation:

The word is supposed to represent a fumbling human attempt to catch the phonetics of an absolutely non-human word. The name of the hellish entity was invented by beings whose vocal organs were not like man’s, hence it has no relation to human speech equipment. The syllables were determined by a physiological equipment wholly unlike ours, hence could never be uttered perfectly by human throats.

The actual sound―as nearly as human organs could imitate it or human letters record it―may be taken as something like Khlul'-hloo, with the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly. The u is about like that in full; and the first syllable is not unlike klul in sound, hence the h represents the guttural thickness.

The best approximation one can make is to grunt, bark, or cough the imperfectly formed syllables Cluh-Luh with the tip of the tongue firmly affixed to the roof of the mouth. That is, if one is a human being. Directions for other entities are naturally different.

It's uncomfortable to say and sounds like you've just been punched in the stomach if done correctly, which is the entire point of it, really.

Lovecraft sketched the monster too, but fantasy artists have added He-Man muscles, recognizably "fantasy monster"/dragon-like tentacled faces, etc. to it over the years so that's it fit for consumption by retards.

Latelistener

Arcane
can't wait to see which one wins: this one or Cthulu For Retards: The Sinking City
Doesn't matter if we lose, and I don't think we're getting something good out of it.
Frogwares lacks taste, vision, experience and proper financing.
Cyanide equipped better, but they are completely uninspired by this project.

Funny, but I always thought that Cyanide needed bigger budget and more time for their projects to be recognized, but after watching their Cthulhu interviews I see now that they're working in a factory.
They should go back to Cycling and Basketball managers.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Glanced at the video from the livestream.

Old skill list
Social: Intimidation, Persuasion, Small Talk
Profession: Spot Hidden, Investigation, Psychology
Physical: Lockpicking, Hitting (?)
Knowledge: Forensic, Occultism (?), Folklore (?)

New skill list
Strength
Eloquence
Investigation
Medicine
Spot Hidden
Occultism
Psychology

Intimidation has been rolled into Strength, Folklore is gone or rolled into Occultism, Lockpicking and Forensic have been rolled into Investigation, Persuasion and Small Talk have rolled together into Eloquence, and Medicine is a new skill. Not too bad I guess.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Regarts,

Morgoth AKA "Day-One Purchase"
Infinitron AKA "I shill for everything that comes down the pipe, even after it releases and turns out to be shit"
Zombra AKA [no discernible personality/forum gimmick found]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Zombra AKA Skipping content is okay, and makes for a better game! :argh:

Hmmm, where have I heard that before... oh, right:

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Jennifer_Hepler
8b94894d5f.png

vota DC

Augur
Why the investigator says "something queer" after accepting the case?
It is weird
STEPHEN: Investigate and save the honor of my daughter
EDWARD: You are a faggot, worry about your honor

It is nice that with zero points in occultism Edward seems quite clueless when he investigates weird symbols.

Latelistener

Arcane
The second minute and they're already saying that the you have been chosen.
I also wonder if someone hasn't figured out yet that this mysterious hooded figure is the main character himself.

uzUc.png

bataille

Arcane
I hope there are elves in this Henry Lifecraft game.......
I've always been a fan of the Ctulher stories!

Yeah, yeah, jokes asides, still waiting for Stygian: Reing of the old ones to eclipse this crap. Although I'd very much like to be proven wrong. Dark corners of the earth without shooting sounds pretty dope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom