Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Star Traders: Frontiers - space sandbox game by Trese Brothers

Emily

Arcane
There is no reason to ever attack a non mission target as you wont get practically nothing
No.

You get lots of xp and jewgold (specially if you land xeno artifacts). THe - Rep can easily be repaired by patrol farming.
Oh yeah the xenos you would hunt at endgame.
Otherwise at brutal difficulty the repair+medicine cost will far outweigh the what you will get in most cases.

Obviously if u are at the point where u can take any ship with not much risk like i was at my endgame this dosent really apply anyways.

And at endgame there are talents that can repair your ship after the battle as well..

LordofSyn

Scholar
Otherwise at brutal difficulty the repair+medicine cost will far outweigh the what you will get in most cases.

Obviously if u are at the point where u can take any ship with not much risk like i was at my endgame this dosent really apply anyways.

And at endgame there are talents that can repair your ship after the battle as well..
Victory Talents for BH, MO, PI are also highly beneficial. You can delay some ports through using them too. Especially Healing, Repair, and Morale Victory Talents.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Victory Talents for BH, MO, PI are also highly beneficial. You can delay some ports through using them too. Especially Healing, Repair, and Morale Victory Talents.

atheres also a lv1 salvage talent from mechanic iirc. destroy a ship and reoair utr hull. Also have a medical rating of atleast 5 so that the doctor ship combat and victory healing talents are effective.

LordofSyn

Scholar
LordofSyn thx for detailed post. Im not interested in boarding xeno currently though. Im interested in surviving 3rd attempt at escaping. You confirmed to me that shield and void resist is the way to go
Yeah, sorry if it went overboard from what you wanted. I knew it might help anyone who was interested though and glad it still provided you with insight.

LordofSyn

Scholar
LordofSyn do you know anything about intel record bonuses stacking?
I have 25% signal array and it appears that its overtaken by 30% from 5 sly members
As in between a module and Trait or Talent?
Those are the only way they can stack to my knowledge. I might very well be wrong.

Morkar Left

New update #100

New Looks
Update #100 is celebrated with a new Rychart creation -- a feathered tricorn hat! Matched the redmoon glasses or a more traditional pirate's eyepatch, your crew and officers have a trove of new options for their looks.

Combat Jump Drives
Your ship's Hyperwarp Drive is one of the link components that you can't remove or swap out for another type. With this update, we've introduced a new set of HW Drives that are armored and prepared for battle. While their Jump cost in Fuel is the highest yet, these drives can help create unique ship builds that are short-ranged but focused on combat.

We also took the liberty to rename some of the Hyperwarp Drives and some other ship components as well to make their names more clear. For example, Reinforced Officer Suties has been renamed Shielded Officer Suites for clarity of effect.

Faction-specific Ship Components
As the ship component catalog grows, more and more of the new additions are going to slot under different faction specialties. We've added 5 new ship components this release -- including those from Javat, Moklumnue, Zenrin, Cadar and Alta Mesa.

An upcoming set of improvements to the filtering and sorting capabilities of the starport upgrade screen will make these far easier to find in a very near term update.

Palace and Corsair Interceptors
We've completed a project to further differentiate the Interceptor class ships based on discussions we've had with players which revealed that they were too similar to each other. The Palace Interceptor remains an unlockable starting ship and is now focused on Medium Sized components. The Corsair Interceptor's Engine has been upgraded and focuses on Small Size components that make it better suited to carry a variety of weapons.

QoL in the Void
Many thanks to our players for continuing to suggest improvements to the game! We're happy to deliver :D Update #100 includes new display in crew combat showing the primary Job of every character as well as highlighting Captains and Officers from among the crowd.

We fixed all known bugs with different map seeds! Thanks to everyone reporting issues with Aetaan Char being indie or the first mission being 8 jumps away! We also improved the Plague Era by ensuring that medical supplies can always be sold during the unique Rumors of that time.

agris

Arcane
Patron
They patch, on average, every 3 days or so. The comparison to Wesp is a bit unfair, to both parties. Wesp is an amateur who doesn’t have any formal programming experience, while Cory Trese is a professional software developer.

LordofSyn

Scholar
I MADE IT!
ive finally beaten fatborn on highest diff with my small crew spy. I knew that key is having lots of buffs removals. Thing is previously i was trying to do it with 2 swordmen as their debuff attack is easiest to obtain. Didnt work as fatborn is close to impossible to hit in melee.
Key was obtaining bounty hunter. His lvl 5 ability debuffs, removes buffs of front 2 fighters and never miss. Both my medic and spy had 5 lvls of military officer as it gives you nice debuff attack that removes buffs too. I still came to fight with assassin/swordman to try stacking hit chance but it didnt work. Worked very well, no one died and it didnt feel like anything was left out to chance. I had at a time merely lvl 7 crew.
Congrats. Well done!!!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've had my eye on this game (and these threads) for a very long while, and it seems very tempting, except for one thing: Sounds like encounters with other craft are somewhat random and unavoidable a la JRPGs, and even if you choose to flee and have modules/skills to aid in escaping and putting distance between you and the aggressor, your ship can still easily get trashed while trying to skedaddle.

Is there a way to foresee and/or avoid encounters, or are you just forced into them on a regular basis?

Last edited:

Morkar Left

You basically get forced into them as random encounters but you have enough skills and means to not get into combat with most. Fleeing is possible most of the time but with some bad luck they can trash your engine or you will flee with damaged ship (and some costly repairs). Personally the reputation loss bothers me more. But I would recommend to give the game a shot. Watch a recent let's play to get a feeling how the game plays. It has its own unique style of gameplay for sure.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom