Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
40104942_1702572256528600_1936893219564421120_n.jpg
Is gender fluid the slang youngfolks use for semen?

Beowulf

Arcane
I doubt they wouldn't include turning all helpers off. Combat actually is very mobile, I mean, sliding & jumping from wall to wall with melee elements, that's not sticky shooter. I am more sceptical about reveal having no stealth elements whatsoever.
This. According to them it hasn't been implemented yet. Tested? Do they have something they know p much works, but was still too buggy for a demo? Do they have nothing? Shit will fly if they have to redesign everything so stealth works.

They included good HUD customization options in W3 only some time after launch. You could turn some options off, but those numbers, that indicate deep RPG systems, where still floating around.
We shall see.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i watched some of the footage, it doesnt seem too bad.

only 2 big gripes:
1. those waypoint markers are basically plaguing the screen . oh man i hope you get the option to turn that off (and supported by clever level design with natural waypoints and in-universe delivered descrition of your objective)
2. the enemy design instead of static one kind of enemy like gothic, we get level 1 raider, level 2 raider, level 3 raider like fallout 4 crap

number 1 is easily rectifiable if their level desing isnt completely bonkers and their description isnt lazy "mark on your map" kind of shit.

number 2, well there is little hope it will be fixed at all.

Beowulf

Arcane
i watched some of the footage, it doesnt seem too bad.

only 2 big gripes:
1. those waypoint markers are basically plaguing the screen . oh man i hope you get the option to turn that off (and supported by clever level design with natural waypoints and in-universe delivered descrition of your objective)
2. the enemy design instead of static one kind of enemy like gothic, we get level 1 raider, level 2 raider, level 3 raider like fallout 4 crap

number 1 is easily rectifiable if their level desing isnt completely bonkers and their description isnt lazy "mark on your map" kind of shit.

number 2, well there is little hope it will be fixed at all.

Ad1. - That was sadly the case in W3. The best you could do, was to turn off the path to the objective, and turn off the minimap. But most of the objectives could be found only by the marker on the map - it was a very rare occasion when the game gave you good description on where to find your objective.

jf8350143

Liturgist
CDPR has always been shitty at UI design, they redesign the UI for Witcher 3 twice after the game launches to make it better, and it's still quite messy to use. So they would probably do the same for this game as well.

As for the combat and enemy design, I think it's unfair to judge these things at the moment. All they show is some early game play footage, it's like dnd, you starts level 1 and fight normal bandits and goblins. It won't be like this once your level gets higher, however there is a chance it gets worse, we just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Their virtue signaling is a bit depressing though. "Oh those poor women, someone said the word cunt in a video game, how will they ever recover from that brutal trauma?!"

This, and the fact that they still don't understand that Cybepunk is not a name that stands for the genre, but for the PnP brand. And than they complain that is not dark and serious enough like Blade Runner, that the dialogue is "edgy" (when it kinda needs to be edgy, for fuck sake)

Curratum

I found streets to be too narrow and driving to look awkward. Almost every street they drove on felt way too narrow for two-way traffic and generally too cramped and narrow.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There was apparently a newsletter for subscribers that had this to say (bolding not mine):

Dear Gamers,

The gameplay video we’re sharing with you was recorded from a game deep in development. Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media. Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game’s UI — everything’s pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design. Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations — all this made us hesitant to release what you’re about to see.

However, we are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw. And although this is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you.

This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today.

Let us know what you think!

Adam Badowski,
Cyberpunk 2077 Game Director

wyes gull

Savant
After playing Witcher 3, I'm glad the polacks are now focusing on what matters. That's nice. Very nice.

gKM2vSl.jpg

Very very nice.
On a less serious note, there's a few things that stand out. The arbitrary time jump after the mission. A much less annoying HUD than W3 (hopefully the bouncing numbers can be turned off). Object analyzer seems like a waste of time and resources. Baddie (random person?) hacking seems to have a ton of potential but I wonder how far they really go with it. Gun buddy seems entirely useless during shootouts (outside scripted sequences) and the fight locations seem a tad too claustrophobic for 2-man tactics; would hope you can elect to bring some back up (and that you can pick someone other than the ranchero) but I've got a sinking feeling it's gonna be mostly solo shit. On that note, disappointed none of the options for the larger mission involve choosing to have the hacker from the first mission as backup.
But perhaps the most disappointing, is that at no point during the briefing with that black dude (where have I heard that voice?) do you get a chance to say no; so again, it would seem we're in store for a game that has as much focus on the gameplay as on narrative, that gives you a fair amount of agency in the former and almost none in the latter. A cyberpunk reskin of W3 would be perfectly fine for the vast majority but damn if this wasn't a good chance to bridge that gap. As it sits, it looks to be just GTA with DEHR missions. But I have been wrong about CDPR before.

On technical level some of the things I saw gave me a bit of a headache in terms of man-hours required to achieve it, looked em up and this - "Number of employees‎: ‎~800 (2018)" answered some of my questions, I figured it was at or above a few hundred, didn't expect almost a thousand though (I know that not all of them are in development). It cemented my belief that the actual game might not be too far off from the demo (content density and world-detail wise). Spotted some sneaky optimization methods on a second viewing, as long as it will stay seamless I think it's a fairly minimal price to pay, most people won't even notice.

Mark Richard

Arcane
those waypoint markers are basically plaguing the screen . oh man i hope you get the option to turn that off (and supported by clever level design with natural waypoints and in-universe delivered descrition of your objective)
Yeah, it's tough getting absorbed in the world when our eyes are compelled to fixate on HUD markers by the part of the brain demanding efficiency. This doesn't seem like the wild departure from The Witcher 3's design that I thought it would be. The first-person perspective got my hopes up for a second.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.cgmagonline.com/2018/08...c-ps4-and-xbox-one-optimization-at-the-start/

CD PROJEKT RED CONFIRMS CYBERPUNK 2077 OPTIMIZED FOR PC, PS4, AND XBOX ONE FROM BEGINNING

CD Projekt Red has confirmed in an interview with CGMagazine that Cyberpunk 2077 was built for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One from the very beginning.

“We knew we are developing the game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. And we started the process of optimization right at the start. So that’s why what you see running on the demo is a PC, which is like i7 and 1080 Ti,” Maciej Pietras, the lead cinematic animator of Cyberpunk 2077, said.

“We are from scratch thinking about optimization, about how the streaming works, how to introduce global illumination, for instance, without overwhelming the CPU,” Pietras added.

Earlier today, CD Projekt Red revealed 48 minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay, giving players a glimpse into Night City. A vibrant yet dangerous metropolis, Night City is full of possibilities.

As a mercenary, players get to connect to different forms of technology to complete their quests. They also get to choose their class and customize their clothing, as well as unlock skills, discover new locations, and meet curious vendors.

There is an emphasis on the consequences of each player’s choices in Cyberpunk 2077 as well, which ties into the cinematic and narrative content.

“It’s a huge challenge compared to The Witcher, but it’s still open-world, it’s still one big city that you can explore,” Pietras explained.

Cyberpunk 2077’s release date has yet to be announced, although it has been revealed that the game is playable from start to finish in its current state according to the games producer.

Dodo1610

Arcane
It's insane, the LGBT+ gaming community is desprateley trying to find reasons why CD Projekt are anti-whatever. Do they really think that this will help their cause?

Squid

Arbiter
It's insane, the LGBT+ gaming community is desprateley trying to find reasons why CD Projekt are anti-whatever. Do they really think that this will help their cause?
Um, excuse you, they said, "did you assume their gender" on twitter. Not to mention the Postal 2 fiasco. There's dots you should start connecting and see their real agenda by now.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Can't wait for butthurt when its revealed sex changes cost humanity points.

Sykar

Arcane
Um, excuse you, they said, "did you assume their gender" on twitter. Not to mention the Postal 2 fiasco. There's dots you should start connecting and see their real agenda by now.

Yeah making a harmless joke in Twitter should be punished harshly, those evil bastards!

Their virtue signaling is a bit depressing though. "Oh those poor women, someone said the word cunt in a video game, how will they ever recover from that brutal trauma?!"

This, and the fact that they still don't understand that Cybepunk is not a name that stands for the genre, but for the PnP brand. And than they complain that is not dark and serious enough like Blade Runner, that the dialogue is "edgy" (when it kinda needs to be edgy, for fuck sake)

They are completely clueless what "punk" means in Cyberpunk. What is more these hopeless manginas think that women will love them for protecting them from evil words in fucking PC games which hardly any woman plays especially this genre. :lol:

Take note that they hardly mind any other swear word and I am sure if they would have used "dickhead" or "prick(s)" these white knighting pussies would have never written a word of faux outrage.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Don't they undestand that the Cyberpunk setting is a dystopia, the world is supposed to be bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom