Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tbqh, I'm sperging for fun, the sky color won't be the factor that makes or breaks this game. If Pondsmith receveives some royalties, I'm obliged to 1st-d-buy.
...but I would've preferred perpetual darkness...:M

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Many seems to forget the game most likely will have day and night cycles so... I found much of this complaints pretty hilarious.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
123.jpg

Looks more colorful/playful than I expected. Just give me night time, rain and a trench coat so I can get my Deckard larp on.

Last edited:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm curious to learn what do people find appealing about bright, pastel colours? Does the pan & paper dictates it? Or is it a positive brain chemistry upon seeing it?

funkadelik

Arcane
Hm, it actually has some Megacity One vibe to it. Okay, they have my attention.
I agree. Judge Dredd's version of cyberpunk makes more sense than Blade Runner's. Don't get me wrong, I love Blade Runner, but it's too optimistic in the way the future becomes.

odrzut

Arcane
I'm curious to learn what do people find appealing about bright, pastel colours? Does the pan & paper dictates it? Or is it a positive brain chemistry upon seeing it?

There were dark shots too. When it was night. I like that they show various aspects of the setting, and not just one over and over.

NullFlow

Savant
For those disappointed by the colours and art design, I suggest looking up Transmetropolitan or the actual pen and paper RPG to get a sense of the kind of aesthetic CDPR were probably aiming for. I won't deny the trailer was generic GTA-clone formatted and can't come close to matching the effectiveness of the first teaser, but I got a look into a chaotic, messy city that showed both night and day, and the upper and lower classes which was good enough. You even got to look at a few of the classes which was a neat detail.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Mass Effect Andromeda 2?:lol::lol: This is going to be disaster.

Hahah, so funny that a pre-alpha trailer has a disappearing character. I'm sure tha studio that created one of the best looking open world RPG to date will make shitty animations like in Mass Effect Andromeda 2. It has a disappearing character in a fucking trailer, of course the game is going to be a disaster! We don't need to play games, we don't need to see them in action. Just find an animation bug in a pre-alpha trailer and you can seal the fate of a game. Haha. Laughing smiles: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

These fucking people on the codex....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom