Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was somehow worse than the Robocop remake.

Achievement unlocked.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Metal Wolf Chaos XD from Devolver Digital, remaster of From Software's 2004 mech action game that was never officially released in west:

Rev

Arcane
WTF Bethesda show was beyond terrible. I expected shit from their own studio, but hoped for something good from id and the likes, and instead there was just a teaser of next Doom, which didn't say anything about the game.

And it's 5:30 am in my country, why did I choose to stay awake for this shit? :negative:

Fuck you, Bethesda: You ruined Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein all in the course of an hour. Eternal Doom will probably be a visual novel with dating sim elements.

Devolver, you are the best. You did the impossible: You made me want a From Software game. I also want those other two games and to see what happens in the continuation.

Dexter

Arcane
Oh well,at least pirates will get the superior version,just pure offline mode.
There will very likely not be any piracy, that's why it's Always Online.
I am pretty sure that it will get pirated in a few days,bethesda is not known for their amazing encryption skillz.
It has nothing to do with "encryption skillz", if it's Always-Online and requires an Online connection to play they can just Offload various tasks of the game to their servers (requiring continuous server communication to actually work) and there will never be any cracks for it like most MMOs or Diablo 3. He did say something about "Dedicated Servers" though, if people have the server-side code and can host it locally themselves entirely there might be something with months delay, but I really doubt it. So you'll be out of luck.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh well,at least pirates will get the superior version,just pure offline mode.
There will very likely not be any piracy, that's why it's Always Online.
I am pretty sure that it will get pirated in a few days,bethesda is not known for their amazing encryption skillz.
It has nothing to do with "encryption skillz", if it's Always-Online and requires an Online connection to play they can just Offload various tasks of the game to their servers (requiring continuous server communication to actually work) and there will never be any cracks for it like most MMOs or Diablo 3. He did say something about "Dedicated Servers" though, if people have the server-side code and can host it locally themselves entirely there might be something with months delay, but I really doubt it. So you'll be out of luck.
Hahahaha i wouldn't call not being able to play that shit "Out of luck". I doubt that i will even bother my self downloading it. Also there is a lot of always online games that are cracked,it all depends how it will do it. Doubt that they will waste space to keep parts of the game. Another thing i think about is that being MMO it will fuck up the mods,and any bethesta without mods is shit.

Ocelot

Learned
My impressions so far:

* EA - Boring af, good thing it was the first presentation and thus easier to be skipped. C&C on mobile is blasphemy and heresy. Should have killed the series instead.

* Xbone - Surprisingly good, many interesting titles. Cyberpunk 2077 looks great, Fallout 76 might actually turn out to be good. Still don't expect Halo or Gears of War to ever make any kind of a comeback. Someone tell Microsoft "exclusive" doesn't mean console+pc.

* Bethesda - Pretty good, finally an announcement for TES6. But we don't need yet another digital card game (or do we?).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom