Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

RepHope

Savant
Sneaky. Online Fallout game with nothing for previous fans, then at the last second, two 6 second trailers offering nothing, both years away will build some hype and now everyone loves them again.
Pretty clever I have to admit.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Clever unless you have enough functioning neural pathways to deliver thoughts to your higher brain functions.

Quillon

Arcane
Criticism to Fallout 4: There are too few populated settlements.

Bethesda thought "If we don't have any populated settlements, there won't be too few of them"

They fixed the problem from the ground up, them geniuses!

Oracsbox

That was the most severe dry humping rape of the fallout corpse I have ever seen,Todd and Pete must really hate fallout 1&2.

LordWildMan

Novice
Pretty sure this means that Fallout 76 will have no mod support, or at least the mods will have to be through Bethesda themselves, due to the always online nature of the game. Very clever. This kills Nexus Mods in one fell swoop. I would not be surprised if Starfield and ES6 do the same thing.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah you gotta give it to Todd, he's a good presenter.

At least, compared to stammering mongrels you typically see at E3. Kind of funny how only Bethesda and MS seem to have figured out to put a fucking executive on the stage who actually does this sort of thing for a living. Every time anybody has developers on the stage by stomach aches.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Todd started as a developer however, so it was not figuring it out but rather coincidental their lead dev was charismatic enough to woo people into wanting to buy their games.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Honest Todd said you can play solo, and the "online" seems to be a few people. It's probably like Dark Souls but only with jolly cooperation.

This is a clueless comparison. There was game-play footage as well. What it actually means is that it will be like ESO, meaning a single player MMO.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is Fallout the most milked franchise like ever? I honestly cannot still believe they pull that out I mean I would have guessed TES would be a bigger draw and money maker for them but 4 Fallout games (5 if you count Fallout Shelter which is damn fun) in 10 years...I truly thought they would make a Fallout Online game with this but sounds like a Conan Exiles style of game where you can play offline too

Oracsbox

Can be played solo,right up until you get ganked by 11 other players,or nuked and don't forget all those lovely micro transactions coming soon.

Cael

Arcane
JsokKar.png
Motherfucking culture appropriating Eurotard weebo shithead...

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
This game is Fallout in name only. New Vegas was the last Fallout game worth a damn and we'll never see anything like what Van Buuren was supposed to be/a game of similar gameplay to the originals. RIP.

NullFlow

Savant
Remember when Fallout was a dark musing on human nature and the inevitability of conflict that was contrasted with the retro 1950s Americana imagery?

Lol now you get to lob nukes at your friends! Did you hear our licensed music from the 50s that is thrown in because that's what passes for Fallout now?

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm okay with that, as long as they do not stop making single player offline games.
I guess that thing won't be able to modded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom