Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
sad to see command & conquer being reduced to a hentai strategy game without the hentai

Suicidal

Arcane
Heh, the C&C mobile trailer now has 116 likes and 3k dislikes and it got unlisted. I wonder what EA was hoping for with this one.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
E3-related:

7HZ47sI.png

Tehdagah

Arcane
Weird thing is there's been a resounding "meh" response to all the Anthem news among the people who don't report about this shit for a living. There seems to be zero hype and people are once again mocking what they're seeing just like they did with Andromeda, albeit not for production quality reasons but changes in design and attempting to get a different audience while playing both camps at the same time.
This is pretty stupid.

Weird thing is there's been a resounding "meh" response to all the Anthem news among the people who don't report about this shit for a living. There seems to be zero hype and people are once again mocking what they're seeing just like they did with Andromeda, albeit not for production quality reasons but changes in design and attempting to get a different audience while playing both camps at the same time.

They should have shown off whatever the fuck the single player is, do everything they can to get away from the Destiny comparisons and their own loot box Battlefront 2 shit.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I doubt that the single player part goes beyond what e.g. FFXIV offers as a single player experience. Talking to people and cutscenes.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As far as walking simulators go, Oxenfree is up there in the top list amongst the very best. Should you, in fact, play only one walking simulator I would advise you to start with this one. I am not afraid to say that I am eagerly waiting for Afterparty.

Suicidal

Arcane
I haven't even played Just Cause 3 yet FFS.

I haven't even played Just Cause.

Just Cause 1 is a pretty generic open world shooter with not much going for it that also aged pretty poorly. I played it out of curiosity because I liked 2 & 3 but it wasn't anything special.

JC 2 is, as DalekFlay said, a very fun but stupid game. It's a huge open world terrorist simulator that offers fun ways of transportation, a large map to explore and lots of things to kill and blow up.

JC 3 is more of the same. It has some improvements over 2, but also some steps back and its optimization on launch was piss-poor and most people couldn't even get the game to run properly (which is the reason for the large number of negative reviews on Steam). I like it slightly more over 2 due to improved controls and fun grappling hook mechanics.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I agree with that, but I still like JC2 better than 3, the setting just appealed more to me and it's more diverse.

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't forget that the "improved grappling hook mechanics" in JC3 were from mods people made for JC2. The wing suit is really the only worthwhile addition.
Overall Avalanche are a bunch of fags who barely supported the games after launch.

Suicidal

Arcane
I agree with that, but I still like JC2 better than 3, the setting just appealed more to me and it's more diverse.

The world map is definitely one of JC3's major weaknesses. For one, some parts of it are too large with small settlements scattered around vast fields of nothing. Also, the towns and locations are too similar to each other. JC2's map is indeed more diverse. For example, its capital city is so large that you could probably fit a separate game in it and it looks like nothing else you see in the game. Then there are all those snowy mountain forts and ski resorts. JC3 has nothing on that.

Don't forget that the "improved grappling hook mechanics" in JC3 were from mods people made for JC2. The wing suit is really the only worthwhile addition.
Overall Avalanche are a bunch of fags who barely supported the games after launch.

I actually didn't know that. Interesting. May be a reason for another JC2 playthrough :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom