Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sizzle

Arcane
The patch came out on GOG at the same time as it did on Steam :D

That's nice, GOG users usually have to wait.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
GOG has been pretty great with patches lately, coming out either parallel to the Steam one or just an hour or two later. The PotD +2 armor/pen thing simply puts pressure on character builds, rather than moment-to-moment gameplay, but that's not bad per se.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
My main issue with PoE2's story structure is that it exists just to set up PoE3.

Well, that was hastily optimistic on their part.

Are you fucking shitting me, they pulled another Tyranny?

It's not nearly as blatant as Tyranny. PoE 2 sets up a very obvious plot hook for the sequel and no matter what you do the Watcher's ending is always the same, but it's not like Tyranny wherein a very obvious and inevitable threat looms over all that you've accomplished.

Quillon

Arcane
My main issue with PoE2's story structure is that it exists just to set up PoE3.

Well, that was hastily optimistic on their part.

Are you fucking shitting me, they pulled another Tyranny?

Nope, I don't see how the endings are setting up any clear new beginning, f.i. There is one with "fuck the gods and begin a new under the leadership of Vailian Republics & there is another giving all da power to Berath, I'm sure there are more endings.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The patch came out on GOG at the same time as it did on Steam :D

That's nice, GOG users usually have to wait.

GOG has been pretty great with patches lately, coming out either parallel to the Steam one or just an hour or two later. The PotD +2 armor/pen thing simply puts pressure on character builds, rather than moment-to-moment gameplay, but that's not bad per se.
Downloading the BIN file starts a download of a file with a smaller size than shown in the GOG page, and when you try to start the installer you get a "file is corrupted" message. Typical GOG. It was the same shit with Witcher 3 for a while. It happens when their servers are overloaded.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I used GOG Galaxy, didn't run into any problems. The updating process was kinda slow, but it wasn't the end of the world.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone trying to hook me into their "social network" has missed the bus by 10 years.

The problem is that a company which takes 1/3 of the price of a game posted on its marketplace is investing in a shitty spyware app instead of in better servers which can handle the high traffic.

Every day I encounter sheepish users who have accepted the belief that everyone on the internet can assfuck them with a wet sanded stick.

Ivan

Arcane
Can anyone remind me if there was an option to back the fig campaign at such a level that we receive the expansions? I don't remember if they carried that over for the sequel

Tigranes

Arcane
So, how would I know the improved encounters are in if I've only cleared the sea cave in the start?

I can't remember the exact changes, the definitive one is when you get to the ruins on that same island and find multiple boars & drakes hanging out on the left side of the map, and a giant drake amongst other critters at the centre. You can beeline from starting shipwreck to Port Maje to the ruins in 5 mins, if you want, then do the rest of the stuff as you please.

edit: POTD obviously

2house2fly

Magister
Can anyone remind me if there was an option to back the fig campaign at such a level that we receive the expansions? I don't remember if they carried that over for the sequel
There was, I backed at that level and got a season pass

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So I just released my first weapon mod, the unique dagger "Skaen's Kiss", on Nexus. Now I'm better with the edits, I'll make some recipes to the weapon enchantments.

In other news, I spent my day playing with my next mod "The Codex" Trinket and I think I'll release it soon.

Deleted member 7219

So I just released my first weapon mod, the unique dagger "Skaen's Kiss", on Nexus. Now I'm better with the edits, I'll make some recipes to the weapon enchantments.

In other news, I spent my day playing with my next mod "The Codex" Trinket and I think I'll release it soon.

Can you make a mod that extends the length of the main quest please? Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom