Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FalloutZ: Original Sin - with even more paid mods potential

Ocelot

Learned
From the tweets, it sounds like it's going to be Metal Gear: Survive but with more radiation. Hopefully I'm wrong but it sounds too generic.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There's a huge difference from it being a Rust-a-like and it being Fallout 4 with expanded base building, survival mechanisms and optional co-op. If it's more the latter then I'm too much of a known explorefag to not play it, but if it's a true online only survival thing then fuck that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a huge difference from it being a Rust-a-like and it being Fallout 4 with expanded base building, survival mechanisms and optional co-op. If it's more the latter then I'm too much of a known explorefag to not play it, but if it's a true online only survival thing then fuck that.

Dalek! Nice to see you around.

Doktor Best

Arcane
If this truly is anything like DayZ, Rust, or Fornite, they are playing with fire here.

How many Fallout and 'RPG' fans are going to buy this on name alone and then have entirely awful experience? Choose one option: getting killed by a griefing hacker or getting killed by a griefing no-lifer.

The only people that win and enjoy these multiplayer anything-goes survival sims are full autist. If you want to win at Rust you have to play it like a fulltime job every single day, and people do. Rust is not a gaming experience. It is an experience of learning of how pointless many people's lives truly are.

What will be the most dangerous encounter in the wasteland? A group of fully-kitted 13 years olds rushing you with their battle cry: autistic screeching.

Cant you play those games also on a private server with a closed playerbase? Could be fun playing a longterm 10vs10 or something with other, normal people who all have limited time to play the game.

Anyways, never dwelved into those games and i sure as shit wont give Bethesda money for a game like that.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Okay, this gone from Rust: Fallout Edition to Borderlands: Fallout Survival, dear Lord, nobody can make anything original on this industry anymore.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Trailer for upcoming Noclip documentary about the history of Bethesda and Fallout 76:

The History of BGS in June 5th, and the making of Fallout 76 in June 12th.

Nas92

Augur
Okay, this gone from Rust: Fallout Edition to Borderlands: Fallout Survival, dear Lord, nobody can make anything original on this industry anymore.
Both sound equally shit and uninteresting. Apparently the Battlecry people are making this, I'm guessing ZeniMax is trying to compensate for the fact that their pay2win online shooter died before it even began

Turjan

Arcane
Heh, I completely missed this. It's funny that, yesterday, I was looking for and listening to "Country Road" on YouTube, one of the few country songs I actually like. That had nothing to do with Fallout though, but with a different game.

If it's an online game this isn't anything I'm interested in anyway.

That Reddit post sounds like a troll, ostensibly doing damage control but actually adding even more things to piss people off (numerous retcons!)

Hah, very optimistic.

Retcons mean nothing to Bethesda's target audience. Either they don't care and they will defend anything Bethesda does or they actually believe they are a good idea (hey, it's essentially rebooting and rebooting is good because... because.... it clears the memory!)
Fallout 4 has truckloads of retcons. It's not even worth mentioning retcons at this point.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've never given the slightest molecule of shit what developers have to say about each others' games, because it will always be praise, and never criticism. Without any possibility of criticism, it's nothing more than idiotic lip service and totally worthless.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fargo hoping they score Fallout: New Orleans from Bethesda.

because it will always be praise and never criticism and therefore is worthless gibberish.

Strongest you could get is probably this:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...llout-and-wasteland-at-board-game-geek.74580/

See the question regarding his thoughts on Fallout 3.

He's the only original Fallout developer I know of who, when talking about Fallout 3, actually said he didn't like it, even if in a roundabout way.

Hellion

Arcane
photo.jpg

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I heard Country Road from 3 different sources yesterday: once from Bethesda to warn of the coming decline, once from the supermarket to rub it in my face, then later in the evening on a commercial. I haven't heard the song in forever then it appears 3 times in a single day. Todd Howard is the antichrist.

Last edited:

Mech

Cipher
I have heard Country Road from 3 different sources yesterday: once from Bethesda to warn of the coming decline, once from the supermarket to rub it in my face, then later in the evening on a commercial. I haven't heard the song in forever then it appears 3 times in a single day. Todd Howard is the antichrist.
It’s a common glitch in the Matrix. Happens to everyone.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
I got a couple ads for this on jootube today. How retarded can a company be? First they don't get the idea that 'retrofuture' is different than 'set in the 50s'. Now they have that stupid shit song playing. What on earth does that have to do with fallout setting/atmosphere? What's next day the music died? Well shit, even trying to think of the most inappropriate choice I came up with one that made about 50 times more sense :lol:

Turjan

Arcane
To celebrate the occasion, they handed out the Vault-Tec paint jobs for armors and the pip boy on the Creation Club for free. I'm not even sure what they are thinking. They are handing out some stupid paint job for free all the time, so it's not even anything special.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom