Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
IO know better about how mature their audience is
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am just itching to replay events from the near past.
And I like Masters of the Universe. That doesn't mean the series should suddenly be about that.
No shit Sherlock.

We use forums that our community manager monitor, and we use user research (mostly focus groups and play sessions with feedback for various user groups). And telemetry as you say. And yes, we do listen to all the things that people complain about all over the net. We are listening. A lot of things will be improved.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am just itching to replay events from the near past.
And I like Masters of the Universe. That doesn't mean the series should suddenly be about that.
No shit Sherlock.

We use forums that our community manager monitor, and we use user research (mostly focus groups and play sessions with feedback for various user groups). And telemetry as you say. And yes, we do listen to all the things that people complain about all over the net. We are listening. A lot of things will be improved.
:hmmm:
A generic PR respond...don't see your point mate.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's your usual response when faced with facts. Closing your eyes to anything that contradicts your statements :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's your usual response when faced with facts. Closing your eyes to anything that contradicts your statements :)
:hmmm:
Do you even leave your house?!

Someone giving a statement on the internet is not a fact. You quoting it or posting a picture of it is a fact that the statement exist,it does not make the statement factual.

Don't be that naive mate.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Normal people are able to read and understand written text. That's a prerequisite for having a conversation on a forum.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Normal people are able to read and understand written text. That's a prerequisite for having a conversation on a forum.
He is not a normal person on a forum,he represents a for profit company in this instant. And he should be taken with bigger grain of salt than the rest of the shitposters. Do you know what is marketing and opinion manipulation?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

At least put some Ugandan warlords for us,the poor ignorant bigoted racists. It is time to kill some black people.
I think you're looking for MGSV.

Still can't kill the child soldiers though :(

Jinn

Arcane
I don't know if this got addressed earlier in the thread or not, but man do I hope you guys do away with this episodic release format for your next release. Love your games and hope the best for you guys, but damn is it a turn off.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I don't know if this got addressed earlier in the thread or not, but man do I hope you guys do away with this episodic release format for your next release. Love your games and hope the best for you guys, but damn is it a turn off.

Probably no hope for that: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...eractive-targets-more-hitman-and-more-control

Beyond independence, the company's other principal goal was to ensure not only that it could keep on working with the Hitman IP, but that it could develop and refine the digital-first, episodic structure it laid out with the 2016 game. We discussed the thinking behind that innovative approach in detail with Io-Interactive in November last year, and Abrak admits that, having learned so much during that first "season" of Hitman, the studio was unwilling to give up before it attempted a second.

"Look, we feel like we're onto a good thing with our latest Hitman game," he says. "We've changed how we work, and as a studio we've never felt more confident and more in control of knowing what we're doing. I think our Game of the Year Edition is a testament to that. We learned so much during the first season of this game, and by the end we felt like a well-oiled machine."

The online, digital-first world is very much where IO intends to stay, too. The studio "lost Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas in the 'divorce'" from Square Enix, Abrak says, but it emerged with the rights to Freedom Fighters and Hitman. Right now, the focus is solely on the latter, but Abrak acknowledged that creating universes and characters is "in our blood."

"The AAA digital era is where we all are right now and it made perfect sense for Hitman Season One, " he says. "Being able to create that experience and then continue to add to it has been immensely rewarding for IO Interactive, and we hope for our players too. That journey has not only changed Hitman, it has changed our thinking also, when it comes to creating new universes in the future.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Being an older player with less free time, I'm quite happy with the episodic format. Even missions I wasn't such a fan of grew on me, and I like the exploration and replayability opportunities that the missions offer.

Cadmus

Arcane
Being an older player with less free time, I'm quite happy with the episodic format. Even missions I wasn't such a fan of grew on me, and I like the exploration and replayability opportunities that the missions offer.
Being an older player with less free time, I enjoy not being able to play the game at my leisure but instead being forced to fuck around in 1 mission over and over until they release the next one. I love having to wait for an update when starting up the game after a long pause instead of being able to play my game the way I want. Truly a masterful approach to this First Ever Episodic Digital Hitman Adventures Online (TM).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like it is. Warner Bros. Games, their publisher for HITMAN retail release, will have announcements in the same day:

Vibalist

Arcane
Being an older player with less free time, I enjoy not being able to play the game at my leisure but instead being forced to fuck around in 1 mission over and over until they release the next one. I love having to wait for an update when starting up the game after a long pause instead of being able to play my game the way I want. Truly a masterful approach to this First Ever Episodic Digital Hitman Adventures Online (TM).

Stop whining and buy the whole game when it's out.

Or are you too weak willed to wait for that? :troll:

AwesomeButton

Patron

``I'm a spoiled shitstain and I am ENTITLED to having everything NAO, and if I don't like some minor detail it's all LITERALLY SHIT. Game developers are my personal slaves whose only purpose is to amuse me by showering me with all the content even though I don't see more than 5% of it on my first run, because I am so SPECIAL and important. And how dare they charge me money for their stupid games, lol retards.``

Go fuck yourself shithead.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Boxed release and "Season Pass" with "3 Expansions" sound like that they ditched the episodic model, if it's legit.

edit: no, looks fake, see copyright info: "HITMAN © 2015-2017" "Square Enix"

Cadmus

Arcane

``I'm a spoiled shitstain and I am ENTITLED to having everything NAO, and if I don't like some minor detail it's all LITERALLY SHIT. Game developers are my personal slaves whose only purpose is to amuse me by showering me with all the content even though I don't see more than 5% of it on my first run, because I am so SPECIAL and important. And how dare they charge me money for their stupid games, lol retards.``

Go fuck yourself shithead.
rofl
kalm down, Jose, you'll get a brain aneurysm. Instead, go suck on some game programer cock some more.
With mongrels like you advocating anti-consumer and retarded practices like this, no wonder we keep getting shittier and shittier games.

AwesomeButton

Patron
rofl
kalm down, Jose, you'll get a brain aneurysm. Instead, go suck on some game programer cock some more.
With mongrels like you advocating anti-consumer and retarded practices like this, no wonder we keep getting shittier and shittier games.
Maybe you are comparing to yourself, but for me writing two coherent sentences isn't a cause for exertion.

I'm not advocating anything. Looks like you are tired, go take a rest, and try reading again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom