Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
I noticed right the first time I explored neketaka a bit when I pondered "what the fuck is the point of this list of locations in the city map?" and then Josh's light shone down on me, revealing the holy truth and I bathed in his hallowed blessing which saved me a lot of loading screens and walking time.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
I don't even know how anyone can avoid using it :P After the initial visit, you can never click once and travel to next district so if I'm to load the district map I click the name of the district at the bottom of the list, double clicking on the map does the same thing or?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It would be much more convenient if you could fast travel out of a district directly from inside some house using the world map though...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It would be much more convenient if you could fast travel out of a district directly from inside some house using the world map though...
Doesn't it work like that if you open the map while inside a building and then click on World Map?

This is the worst. It didn't need to be this complicated, I don't know why they processed all of this as numerical values, strings and conditionals instead of just making few strings. I guess they built up the world map as a structure before adding any of the fluff, that's what they should have been doing but why couldn't they just shortcut it?
Because it's easier to add new areas and cities that way. They just have to copy the object in the worldmap data file, add a new picture for the town/city minimap, and the fields for name, description, population, minorities, will be filled.

Look, information about cities in early modern period before centralised governments shouldn't look like it was published by Bureau of Statistics for Ministry of Demographics. Especially not in a loosely connected island chain with colonists.

This is not autism, this is simply sensibility.

Who counted 124000 people in Neketaka, how do they know exact percentages of the races there?

I am surprised because Josh should know better than this.
Well, they did say that improving interface readability is a priority :D

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Anyway, so apparently you can click on names of buildings on the Neketaka city map, and yo will fast travel directly to the building.

Mind fucking blown.

I didn't even realize one can travel otherwise.

It would be cool if party could move by clicking on the mini map.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
482db83cec414da7d6c94c61f3f285d2--quotes-from-gandhi-a-student.jpg

Ulfhednar

Savant
Hot take: New Obsidian is not at their element when making regular fantasy cRPGs especially when trying to emulate D&D/BG but would make good urban fantasy games. Dumpsterfire is holding Obsidian back and it is good that it will die.
Pillars 2 is the last game resembling a cRPG nuObsidian will make. Feargus will change Josh’s job title to “Chief Popper of Moles” and have him join the Cainarsky hiking sim project.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, Josh just reshared my tweet again. Bracing for more follows and a jump in visitors on the site. :D

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wow, Josh just reshared my tweet again. Bracing for more follows and a jump in visitors on the site. :D

I tweeted to Obsidian take a look, yesterday, but they didnt retweeted your post, I think.

Codex could give you front page, and you could try to post at Obsidian forums too and Reddit, if you havent.

AwesomeButton

Patron

I tweeted to Obsidian take a look, yesterday, but they didnt retweeted your post
They followed me though. The dev updates aren't that interesting to players, but I want to add new editable objects soon, and I hope that will be more interesting.

Sentinel

Arcane

Tigranes

Arcane
I almost think they should have gone full sozzy - no custom companions whatsoever, just roll the custom party and take to the seas, use those development resources on better factions and characters like rival pirates.

More looting and pillaging and slaves, less 12 year old romances and whatever

Reinhardt

Arcane
Next time, after all dlcs, i'll just play with sidekicks. Full party creation will make game too easy even after balance hammer, and full companions are too cringey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom